Chapter Three

The Dream

 

Yuri could feel herself becoming weak. But she secretly held it in for her dreams, and them. She wrote songs instead. When they finally reached Seoul, they departed from the farmer and set on their way.

They rented a motel for them to stay. Their families were looking for them in Seoul already. Yuri’s body was failing, but she had to fight. Everyday they went out putting out their demo CDs and singing gigs.

 

A producer from a famous company liked them and contacted them. He told a show producer about them; he was from a famous show that exposed amazing and talented people. The producer said that if the audience liked Yuri and Tiffany, then he would sign them to a contract. They agreed.

 

 

Five days before the performance, Yuri became increasingly ill. She stayed in bed and slept. Dong Wook and Tiffany thought that she had probably caught a cold. But when she started to have nosebleeds constantly, they decided to take her to the hospital. Soon, the secret was revealed that she was dying. Dong Wook and Tiffany didn’t have any suspicion of her cancer, though Yuri did faint on the way to Seoul a time ago.

 

Dong Wook and Tiffany started to think back and began suspecting the growth of Yuri’s strange behavior. She became more independent at times, and got sleepy often. But there was something that bugged them. So they had to ask.

 

“We had something to ask you… I know it may seem impolite, but uh…” Tiffany felt uneasy, but got cut off from Dong Wook.

 

“Did you know that you were sick from the moment we took off?” Dong Wook asked.

 

Yuri’s face was pale, and you could tell her eyes were bloated from tears, she looked weak and faint. She gulped heavily, “Yeah, I did…”

 

They both exploded, “What!? Oh my!?”

 

“But I didn’t know that it would turn me into a zombie…” She was able to sneak a laugh in.

 

“This is not funny,” Dong Wook sounded serious and careful.

 

“You’re dying,” Tiffany started to cry heavily. “Don’t you care?”

 

“I never knew it would turn out like this,” Yuri started to tear up.

 

Dong Wook looked away, trying to hold in his tears. “You idiot,” He choked.

 

Then someone opened the door, it was Han Byul. “Are you guys okay?” She gasped quietly at their tense situation.

 

“Yuri, cheer up. You’re going to be well!” Han Byul tried to cheer her up, not knowing what the tears were for.

“I’m dying, Han Byul. I don’t think I can make it in time to see you and Dong Wook get married.” Yuri cried even harder.

 

The whole room burst into tears.

 

“What? What are you talking about?” Dong Wook walked up to Yuri, as she sat up on the hospital bed.

 

Han Byul was crying quietly, with her hands over . Tiffany stood up and hugged Han Byul.

 

“You’re going to be alive, and well, when you see us get married. As a matter of fact, Han Byul and I are going to get married right now!” He exclaimed through his teary face. “That’s okay, right, Han Byul?!” He looked over his shoulder for her answer.

 

She nodded, as she continued crying.

 

“See? You are.” Dong Wook knelt down beside Yuri.

 

“No, stupid. Take your time; you guys don’t have to get married just because of me.” Yuri said in her weak voice.

 

“No, we’re doing it because we want to. We’ve been waiting for years! And now we’re going to finally do it!” He exclaimed again.

 

“Yeah!” Han Byul walked to Dong Wook’s side.

 

Yuri looked over to Tiffany who was looking hurt and deceived.

 

“Tiffany… don’t be like that.” Yuri mumbled weakly.

 

“Are you just going to leave me up there!? This was our dream! Now I’m going to be alone… is that how it’s going to be!?” Tiffany shouted.

 

“I didn’t choose to have this tumor! I want to be up there with you. You don’t know how bad I want to be there, up there, singing. But… now, you have to do it, do it for me. Do it for you. This was my dream too…” Yuri looked even fainter from before.

 

Tiffany walked over to the unoccupied bed side. “I’ll pray for you to get better,” She held onto Yuri’s hand and knelt down.

 

“I think we’ll have to postpone the wedding until tomorrow, Yuri looks drained.” Dong Wook said.

 

“Are you telling me I look like a dried up raisin zombie?” Yuri eyed.

 

They all laughed.