Chapter One

The Dream

 

Each passing day, I hoped, I wished, I wanted, for our dreams to come true.

 

 

 

Yuri, TIffany, and Dong Wook are close. They gather after school or work and talk at the porch balcony of Dong Wook’s apartment. Usually Dong Wook talked about his issues about the disapproval of Hyo Sun’s mother and his relationship with Han Byul. Yuri would talk about her secret gigs, and Tiffany would do the same.

 

 

Not soon after school was about to end for the year, Yuri went to the hospital to get a year-round check up. The doctors made her stay overnight, she was worried about her health, but told Tiffany and Dong Wook not to worry, it was just probably her just eating too much unhealthy snacks, she joked. When the doctors came to her room to tell her the news, she was upset and shocked to learn that she had a brain tumor.

 

With her independent nature she kept it to herself, but the doctors suggested that she should tell her parents. Yuri requested for the doctors not to speak of it to her family, but she will be the one to explain the news. Days passed, but no word of it came from Yuri. Though she was not growing ill, she was feeling depressed from everything; from the arguments of her future with her parents and the good friend that will stay by her side.

 

 Yuri and her cousins continued to meet even after school was finished. One day Yuri brought a dream she had from the other night,

 

“It was pretty weird. It was exactly how we each pictured our future. Full of bliss, we were all insanely happy, I was happy,” She started to cry. “I don’t know, I thought it was real for a moment, but I guess, we have reality to live, still.” She laughed. They all laughed.

 

“You're silly,” Tiffany teased. “If only it was real.”

 

“It could happen,” Dong Wook nodded his head.

 

They both looked at him.

 

“Yeah, it could.” Yuri nodded as well.

 

Tiffany’s eyebrows raised as she looked at both her elder cousins. “You’re joking?”

 

“Yeah, I am,” Dong Wook sat back on his chair and laughed playfully.

 

“You guys, we should really do something amazing though,” Yuri was always up for something.

 

“You're crazy, I’m not going to get myself in trouble,” Dong Wook gave her that look.

 

“It could be fun,” She suggested.

 

“Yuri, stop it. It was only a dream,” Tiffany scolded.

 

“Maybe it was telling me something, you know? A sign?” Yuri suggested even more.

 

Dong Wook just looked away and Tiffany just eyed her as if she was completely crazy. Yuri was usually the one to dream. Dream over the limit.

 

“Ah, you guys, I gotta go,” Yuri got up.

 

“See ya,” Dong Wook waved. Tiffany copied.

 

Yuri walked out the front door and continued her way down an alley near the apartment. She stopped and leaned against a brick wall and started to cry. She grabbed her head fiercely as she continued to cry angrily, but quietly.

 

 

Days passed. Even though they haven’t spoken in a week, then suddenly the phone ringed.

 

“Hello?” Yuri answered.

 

“Yuri?” A voice on the other line spoke.

 

“Are you still up for the trip of you dreamt about?” It was Dong Wook.

 

“Is this really you, Dong Wook?” She exaggerated, knowing he wasn’t a person like this. He laughed.

 

Suddenly she got a phone call from Tiffany the same day, at night.

 

“I hate this! I can’t stand this family anymore!” Tiffany spoke through the phone. “Let’s go, I’m ready, girl!”

 

Yuri’s dream was about Tiffany, Dong Wook, her, and Han Byul sneaking away and taking a road trip to Seoul. Han Byul romantically ran away with Dong Wook to get married. Then, Tiffany and her, making their way to Seoul and finding an industry to take them in as singers. Alas, in the end, there was finally one to take them in.

 

Yuri had told her parents that she was taking a subway to go to Seoul to find better colleges there for her to study medicine. Tiffany left a note saying she’d be back in a year, exaggerating much, seeing that her family was always careless. Dong Wook finally managed to crept away with Han Byul’s family’s prize possession, Han Byul, herself. From then on, they were on their way. They took Dong Wook’s car, a jeep, to Seoul.

 

~~

 

I know, it's short. This is only a short story. Just giving a heads up.

I hoped you guys like it so far though. :D