Chapter 2: first meeting

Teacher is In Love

 

The next day, Mari woke up really early; she didn’t know the rationale behind the excitement that she’s feeling, the willingness to go to school. Is it because of the new teacher?

Mari:  of course not!! Andwae!  He’s not the reason why I got up so early. No! Never will be. Or could it be him?

Shindong appa: aegy? Is there something wrong?

Nari umma: Aegy! Appa! Breakfast is ready!

Shindong: neh Umma! Aegy, what’s wrong?

Mari: aniyo appa!

At school (7 a.m.)

Ryeowook: yah! You’re early. Relatively early… am I right with my speculation?

Mari: what were you thinking? That new teacher? Of course not!

Siwon: stop denying! We know it already.

Leeteuk: we’ve been friends since we were 8.

Hyukjae: and this is the first time you got up so early to school.

Kibum: am I the latest to arrive? Is it already time? Don’t we have classes in the morning?  Mari! So early?

Mari: why are you acting that way? Are you suspecting me of something? What’s with being early?

Ryeowook: look at the wall clock! It’s just 7: 05 a.m., our class is at 9, don’t you remember?

Leeteuk: were you just excited to see Kyu sam?

Mari: Kyu sam?

Hyukjae: his name.

Siwon: but his full name is Cho Kyuhyun…

Kibum: you can do the FLAMES now.

Mari: whatever! I just don’t have anything to do at our house that’s why I went here early!

Their teacher came in.

Kyuhyun Sam: excuse me? Are you my students?

All: yes sir.

Kyuhyun: I’m Cho Kyuhyun, your new homeroom adviser.

Mari: hello sir! I’m Choi Mari, my friends Siwon, Kibum, Ryeowook, Leeteuk and Hyukjae.

Kyuhyun: hello! Well, nice meeting you! I’ll see you later during our class. Anyway, why are you early?

Leeteuk: our friend here wanted to see you sir.

Kyuhyun: really? Okay I have to go now. Bye

All: bye sir!

Mari: yah! Oppa! Why do you have to say that?  All of us know that it’s not true.

Leeteuk: well we don’t believe you.

Mari: whatever…

Kibum: how many times do we have to hear you say ‘’ whatever’’?

Mari: if you don’t want to hear it, then stop speculating about me.

Boys: whatever!

 Formal Class Discussion

Kyuhyun came in the classroom and greeted everybody and he really noticed Mari, he remembered someone who really looks like her. It’s his childhood sweetheart, Princess…

Kyu: (Princess? Is that you?) Okay, let’s do the roll call.

As when Kyuhyun called the students name one by one until he stopped on Mari’s name.

A student noticed and asked;

 Minhwan: seungsengim? Kwenchanayo?

Kyu: yes…yes I’m fine, where were we? Uh... Choi Mari?

Mari: here!

And the roll call end up normally, after that Kyu asked them to sing so that he can classify their voices according to their timbre and quality. He made them play an instrument too. It was Mari’s turn and Kyu asked her;

Kyu: what are you going to sing for us today?

Mari: I’ll sing All Love Is a Lie by: Lyn.

Kyu was stunned; it was his first love’s favorite song.

Mari: are you going to play it?

Kyu: yes. Let’s start from the chorus.

Mari’s voice and Kyuhyun’s piano skills was a perfect match. They’re making good music together, later on Kyuhyun cannot stop from singing anymore, so they had a duet where every girl got jealous and want to kill Mari right there in the spot.

After the 2 chorus parts

Kyu: wow! You got a really beautiful voice! You can be soprano.

Mari: thank you sir.

Kyuhyun: what are you going to play for us?

Mari: I’ll play the cello sir.

Kyuhyun was again startled because that’s Princess’s favorite instrument.

Kyuhyun: what song?

Mari: From Today until Forever.

Kyuhyun: go on.

That’s all Kyuhyun have to say because he cannot take it anymore, Mari reminds him of his sweet love, his Princess.

After their class, Kyuhyun was never again seen in the premises of the school.