Attempting

~ How To Spy ~

 

When I arrived in class, Joon and G.O. were both snoring on their desk as usual. I tried my best to be a good student and listen to the teacher but their snoring, especially Joon’s, was unbearable! After the morning lessons were finished, Chae Hee and I walked to the cafeteria, I saw Mir wink at me and I knew I had to execute the plan, NOW! I was entering the cafeteria while Cheon Dung was going out. We crossed and I turned around to say :

 

“Hey Cheon Dung !”

 

“Umm, hi” he said turning around.

 

“Just ignore her” Joon said pulling Cheon Dung’s sleeve.

 

“Well, I just wanted to say that Mir has an appointment with the doctor today so I’ll replace him for the English project” I yelled.

 

He did the ok sign and nearly fell because of Joon’s pulling.

 

YES! First step: done, now let’s eat!

 

Chae Hee looked at me weirdly because I was smiling like an idiot.

 

“Min Hae are you alright? You know it’s just a project not a date you just got yourself into…”

 

“Of course I know” I answered happily browsing for some seats.

 

“Park Min Hae, you tried to attack Joon but he saw through you. Now you want to attack Cheon Dung?” One of the Queekas asked.

 

I sat down.

 

“He’s kindhearted and you’re taking advantage out of him!” another of the Queenkas added throwing her arms in the air.

 

I took out my food.

 

“Get away from both of them, this is the first warning.” They all said firmly before walked away.

 

I ignored them and just ate my food.

 

“Min Hae be careful, you know what they can do.”

 

“I know, Chae Hee I’ll be careful.”

Cheon Dung was already waiting for me at my locker. Girls were all gossiping about the fact that I had to replace Mir for a project. They're all saying I made Mir lie. Mir is still popular after all, the blame is always on me. We walked to the study area and sat down. I was in the advanced English class so I had no idea what the project was about. Cheon Dung briefly explained to me what it was about. He gave some ideas and I wrote them down, he was really good, next year he'll probably go to the advanced English classes like I am. I tried my best to be productive and approach Cheon Dung but girls kept coming near Cheon Dung to ask for help in homework. I carefully watched their techniques and memorized them. These techniques will be helpful in the near future, right?

"Min Hae?" he asked                 

"Yes, that's me"      

"We'll it was good working with you, I'll be going now, don't forget to give Mir the list of things that he has to bring for the next appointment."           

"Ok"

He stood up and the bunch of girls around my table a couples of second ago all vanished.

------------------•------------------

 

Back at home.          

"Did it go well?" Mir asked as soon as I walked in. 

"No, girls were everywhere, I couldn't make a move" I sigh.                   

"Better luck next time"            

"Yeah... Let's hope I do. The next appointment is Thursday. Here's the list of things you'll need."     

I gave him the list and walked to my room.              

"Min Hae, do we switch every time?"    

"No it'll look suspicious, go to two appointments then switch with me."                

"Ok"