The Interrogation

Onew Discovers Teriyaki Chicken

"Onew!" Taemin yelled, for the hundredth time. "Focus!"

"Yeah, you've messed up at that place five times in a row." Minho added, brushing back his sweaty, curly hair. 

Minho looked at Key, who looked at Jonghyun.

"Whatever he does, it's the Onew condition~." They sang in perfect harmony.

Onew fell.

He was tired. Especially with a new concert coming up, the dance practice was becoming crazier than ever. The instructors, who had always been strict, now became brutal.

Minho helped him up, clasping his hand firmly and hauling him up like a piece of driftwood. Onew nearly fell again, but decided that clinging to Minho's neck like a girl was the better option. So, for a few seconds as Onew tried to find his feet and reintroduce them to the ground, Minho stood patiently with a guy hanging on to his neck.

Nobody asked if Onew was tired. They all were, all the time.

"You've been waking up early to get groceries, right?" Key looked concerned. He was always the one fretting about the other members. "You know, if you want, you could always get the managers or your dongsaengs to buy it for you.

Onew thought of Ikki and her Chicken Teriyki shop. "NO!" He yelled, with greater force than necessary.

The others stopped and stared at him. Taemin looked especially suspicious. "Hyung," he started softly, but got bolder as Onew flushed under his intense stare. "You weren't buying groceries, were you?"

The other members of SHINee were on him in a flash.

"What was it?" Jonghyun demanded, eyes bright. "A girl?"

"No how's that possible!" Key pushed him aside. "Don't tell me...You found a really good place to eat!!!"

"That's what has made you so tired recently, right?" Taemin asked. "I know you aren't buying groceries at least. I checked the fridge.

Of course he would, Onew thought to himself with a sigh. Taemin was the big eater in the group, as the youngest and still growing member.

"Tell us!" Jonghyun begged, trying to use aegyo on Onew. "Come on~"

"It...It's a little bit of everything that you said." Onew admitted, unable to withstand the pressure of all their stares.

"A GIRL~" They all cheered, throwing up their hands and spinning around him in circles. "ONEW GOT HIMSELF A GIRL!"

Onew got dizzy, tried to explain himself, and fell.

-

Eventually the entire story came out. Piece by piece, the members dragged it out of him. Her personality, her hairstyle, her weight, her cooking, her smile.

Onew was surprised that he could even recall some of the obscure details they asked him about, such as the placement of her hands when she was resting. Or the angle of her nose.

Even during dance practice, when Taemin sidled past Onew during a particularly difficult section, he would hear: "Oh yeah, Key wants to know if you like her or not."

Onew tried really, really hard to ignore him and focus on the steps.

"I have no time to like anybody." He said later, once they stopped.

They all smirked at him knowingly.

Onew was at a loss for words. Earlier, anyone would have accepted that answer. What made them so sure?

"Maybe Onew doesn't know that he likes her?" Key speculated.

"That must be it!!" Taemin grinned. "No matter what he does-"

"It's the Onew Condition~"

Onew felt the need to defend himself for once.

"It's not like that!" He protested, "I don't really know how I feel, but either way it doesn't matter does it?"

"Why?"

"She doesn't know who I really am." Ones sighed. "She has never heard of SHINee so she might not like me for what I really am."

Minho looked at him quizzically, "Isn't she the only one that knows your true personality? If she likes you now, it's because you are Lee Jinki, not Onew."

"I don't think she likes me," Onew suddenly felt worried. "She...even though I am imposing on her and making her scared, she still makes me fried chicken."

"WHAT?" Jonghyun exclaimed.

"WHERE?!?" Taemin followed on his heels.

"Fried chicken," Onew answered absently. "In my bag."

Within moments he realized his mistake.

They all rushed over to his bag, tore open the pretty white bag with the fried chicken, and reached inside.

"It's good!" Minho, usually silent, gave his appraisal.

"Yummy!" Taemin agreed enthusiastically.

"Guys." Onew said in a cold, deadly voice. They all stopped.

"Sorry! Sorry sorry! We -" Taemin quickly finished his piece, sang a sped up version of Super Junior's "Sorry sorry", and then ducked behind Key.

Onew reached over and snatched the bag out of Jonghyuns hands.

"I haven't even tasted any yet, hyung..." Jonghyun looked devastated.

"Do you know where her shop is?" Taemin wanted to know. "It's just at lunch break, so one of us can go over and buy some more for Onew."

"I'll go!" Key raised his hand excitedly. "I wanna go! I wanna see this girl Onew likes!"

"Hey! We all do," Jonghyun reproached him.

"Then let's all go," Minho suggested reasonably.

Onew stopped glaring at them. It had stopped making them nervous anyway.

"Stop it," Onew sighed. "You just want another fan for SHINee, don't you?"

Key shrugged his shoulders and pulled his bag on. "Can't say. It's a s-e-c-r-e-t."