Five Years Later

Onew Discovers Teriyaki Chicken

No one saw Onew and Ikki kiss. That was a moment only the two of them shared.

 

Onew paid off his debt, and made Ikki promise to send him letters in Korea in the future. They couldn't really exchange phone numbers since Ikki was poor and didn't have a phone. She never really wrote, and he decided to focus on his singing career instead. But they never quite forgot about each other.

 

Ikki continued to work as a store-owner for a few months, but sadly, her grandparents died after a prolonged battle the injuries suffered from the fire. She then, basically, went up to Kagamine and threatened him until he revoked all of the contracts under threat of lawsuit. A meat cleaver may or may not have been involved, but that is a fact left buried in the darkness of back alleys and masked faces.

 

Kagamine tried to go on to have a political career, but a certain informant leaked evidence of his brutality toward the ethnic groups in the rural parts of Japan. Public backlash ended his public aspirations and he lived the rest of his days chafing miserably.

 

Ikki did, indeed, go on to Tokyo University, on a scholarship. She hired an elderly old man, an old friend of hers, to run the Chicken Teriyaki shop after she left. So Onew's beloved Chicken Teriyaki shop did remain open.

 

When SHINee went back to Japan for their second tour, Ikki used her connections and traded 5 bags of fried chicken for a front-row seat to their live concert. Her university friends wondered how she had gotten tickets for so cheap, but they didn't question it. They also wondered why the lead singer looked their way so often, and with such a proud smile. But that was a vague thought, since they were too busy fangirling. Only Ikki smiled a small, secret smile and looked even prouder than the rest of them.

 

To sing their song even better than the original SHINee, she thought. Onew, you and your friends have coma a long way from being fans of them a few years ago.