A new beginning

That Day
I thought people might need this. Although, I'm not even sure...
 
Umma - Mom
Appa - Dad
Halmeoni - Grandmother
Ajeossi - Uncle
Ajumeoni - Aunt

 

'Umma, Appa. Can you see me from up there? It's been almost four months seen I've last seen you. Right now, Halmeoni and I are moving in with Ajeossi, Ajumeoni and Kikwang in Seoul. Since Halmeoni is getting weaker day by day. We figured that it would be best if we moved in with them, so that they could take care of her when I'm not around,' I thought to myself in silent as I look at through the window. The car is moving smoothly, but the clouds are slow. 'Umma, Appa. I nervous, though. For school that's why. All I can think of is how my life is going to change after I move to Seoul. I kept asking myself: Am I going to make any new friends? Will people like me? But I shouldn't worry right? Since I'll be going to the same school with Kikwang...' I sighed, 'I miss you.'

"Kiyeon-ah, wake up Halmeoni. We're almost there," Ajeossi, the one who's driving us to our destination, informed me.

"Nae," I replied. I turned to my right. There I saw Halmeoni sleeping peacefully. I slowly reached my hands and too nudge her gently as I called her. She slowly opened her eyes with a slight smile, "did you slept well?" I smiled.

"Nae," her soft-spoken voice spoke out as she smiled as well.

After seven straight hours of road trip. We finally arrived. I could see Ajumeoni and Kikwang outside waiting for us. I smiled widely at them through the window. Ajeossi stopped the car infront of the house and we all got out. Kikwang kindly helped Halmeoni getting out. We all greeted eachother with bows and hugs. We were all happy, especially Kikwang and I.

Kikwang is my only cousin that I have and same goes for him. When we were younger, we were like the best of friends. We did practically everything together. We shared and laughed alot. But we didn't see eachother everyday, though. The only time we get to see eachother is one summer vacation.

"Omo, Kiyeon-ah! You let your hair grow?" I heard Ajumeoni gasped.

"Nae... Do you like it?" I shyly asked.

"You look much better like this, honey. No wonder why your Mother likes you better with longer hair." She complimented me. I thanked her.

I saw Kikwang turning to me after he greeted Halmeoni. "Kiyeon-ie, did you miss oppa?" he smiled brightly like a fool. I poked his head playfully.

"Of course I did!" I eye-smiled.

"Well, now that we're going to living together, you don't have to!" he said, still with a bright smile on. We both laughed and brought all the bags inside. The house didn't change at all since I've last visited. It still smells like Ahjumeoni's great cooking and all.

'Ah, looks like you're my new home sweet home.' I thought as I looked around, while the adults were talking to eachother.

Kikwang interrupted me by taking my hands to bring me somewhere.

"Yah! Where are you taking me?" I shouted at him, but he didn't answer me, "yah! Did you hear me?" we both ran across the hallway until we reached a door that was way at the back on the right. We stopped right infront of it.

"Close your eyes," he ordered me. I looked at him and lifted an eyebrow.

"Why?" I asked. He smirked at me.

"Hurry hurry hurry! Just do it please~" he added a laugh right after. I did what I was told. I closed my eyes. Suddenly, I felt his hands covering my eyes.

"H-hey! I'm not going to peek!" I giggled out.

"I don't trust you," he simply said. I pouted, but ended up laughing. I could hear him opening up the door after. He guided by walking with me forward. "Almost there, I have to make sure things will go as planned," he told me. I was really curious of what he's about to show me. My heart was racing because I was really excited, I couldn't wait, "okay, you can open your eyes now!" Slowly I took his hands away from my eyes and opened it up, "surprise!" he shouted as he walked infront of me with a big white teddy bear with a soft pink heart on it's chest. He handled it to me, however I was speechless. The room was painted in my two favorite colors: teal and white. There's a bed big enough to fit a pile of pillows. The wall behind the bed had cute tiny white little stars on it. It was beautiful. Especially when there's colorful japanese latterns attached to the ceilling. it was right above the bed.

I let out a sympatic expression.

"I painted those myself, like it?" Kikwang pointed out, seeing that I was looking at them. I turned around to face him and nodded slowly. I then jumped on him for a big hug. "Y-yah! It's was nothing!"

"Kikwang, thank you! You're the best!" I exclaimed.

"Heh heh" I heard him laugh once I broke the hug. "But have you seen the table we put in the middle? Or the desk we put in for you to study." I could see that he was very excited. So I smiled at how cute he was.

"Nae, thank you."

"Ah, Kiyeon-ah. I see you saw your room. Do you like it?" Ajumeoni, who was standing right by the door with the rest, asked me.

"Nae, a lot! Thank you." I bowed. She smiled brightly and then left with the other to show Halmeoni her room.

"So~" Kikwang said as he sat down on the bed, "are you going to attend my school?"He asked. I nodded.

"Nae, we already applied and so." I told him.

"Good!" He simply said.

"Why 'good'?"I knitted my eyebrows together.

"Because my friends wants to meet you."I showed him my confused face.

"Really? Wait..." I paused for a second, "just what exacly did you say about me?"

"Really. " He nodded, "Why are you so shock? I just told them you were my cousin." He smirked cooly. I was only like that, because nobody was ever that interested in me. Escially boys. I was the kind of girl that doesn't talk much at first and I'm sort of a tomboy back then. But they never bother anyways. Back then, I felt pretty happy about it. I can't wait myself to meet them.

"`Cause" I mumble underneath my breath.

"Anyway, you're going to like them, Kiyeon-ie!" He put his hands on my shoulders as he came up to me. "I promise." He assured me with a big grin.

"Okay, Kikwang." I chuckled a bit.

'Yah! Kids! We both turned around to the voice, "Dinner is ready! Come on to the table to eat!" Ajeossi yelled out.

We both yelled 'Okay' back and raced eachother like little kids to the table. The whole family were all seated at the table. The foods were already placed and it smells wonderful. That's Ajumeoni's cooking alright. We all eated with an amused look on our face. This is the first time since months I've felt like this.

'Umma, Appa, Wish me luck for my new beginning.'

 
 
Author's note ;
Oh wtf. I'm not very sastisfy with this chapter. :\ Whatever, it's just the first one.
In the next chappie, you'll finally get to meet Kikwang's friends; BEAST! Whoo! And it will be much better, I PROMISE YOU! So, please wait patiently for the next chapter, see-ya! (;
 
I'm so tired. @-@;