The Battle Begins

Power

"Somethings happening!" Zelo yelled.

 
Jongup nodded, he didn't need to be told, he could hear the gunshots, and the yells; the sounds of a fight, a big one.
 
"We need to get out there," he yelled to his dongsaeng. They ran out from the kitchen where they had been eating, and hastily armed themselves with their weapons - guns, daggers and extra ammunition. 
 
No sooner had they ran out of the door then they both ducked and rolled, dodging a spray of bullets fired from the gun of an enemy. Jongup rolled and came up, and quickly dove around the street corner, offering slight protection from the man, while Zelo dodged behind a trashcan. They met each others eye, and as if through telepathic communication, they knew what they had to do.
 
Jongup stood, and dashed across the street, and the man started firing at him. He was concentrating on shooting at Jongup, but Jongup dropped and slid away before he could be hit. The man was so preoccupied with Jongup, he didn't notice Zelo jumping out of the shadows and tackling him to the ground. The man cursed and struggled, but Zelo managed to keep him down. 
Jongup came running back, and took the mans gun. The man suddenly pushed his knee upwards, kneeing Zelo in the crotch.
 
"!" Zelo groaned, loosening his grip, and the man stood up, quickly grabbing Zelo in a headlock. Jongup dropped slightly, kicking low and he swept the mans feet from under him. Both of them fell to the ground, but Zelo rolled away, just as Jongup shot the man three times with his own gun.
 
The two friends looked around, that man had been one of many, they were already seeing the streets fill with people, some friends, some foes. The night air was rapidly filling with gunshots and screams.
 
"This is madness," Jongup yelled. "We need to help stop this!"
 
Zelo thought for a moment. "The hotel," he said suddenly.
 
"What?" Jongup asked. "Have you lost your mind?"

"Himchan hyung will be in the hotel! He'll be the main target!"
 
Jongup felt his face grow pale. "We need to help him!"
 
Zelo nodded, and the two teenagers began to run, dodging the bullets are ignoring the fights, and ran to the Hotel.
 
***

Himchan sat calmly in the penthouse, accepting the fact that he would probably not see another dawn.
 
"Sir!" yelled one of his men. "A group of them, heading for the hotel!"
 
Himchan looked at the man. "Go. You and the others, leave through the emergency exit."
 
"What about you sir?"
 
"I'll stay here. Let them come."
 
"Sir! I can't let you-"
 
"I'm your leader, am I not?" Himchan roared. "Go! Now! Before it's too late!"
 
The man stuttered something, then his heel and ran."

"Let them come," Himchan said bitterly to himself, his hand reaching for his gun. "I'll be ready for them."
 
***
 
Youngjae and U-kwon looked down at Zico's body.
 
"Let that be a warning," Youngjae said. "This is how Zico ended up when he stopped listening to me."
 
U-kwon nodded. "I'm going in," he said, gesturing to the Zone.
 
Youngjae nodded. "I'm going to stay on the outskirts. I fight better with my brain than my strength. Now remember; you follow Hyoyeon. B-Bomb is going to attack her, and just before he succeeds in "killing" her, you save her, and tell her our deal. If she accepts, bring her to me. If not, shoot her on the spot. Understood?"
 
"Understood."
 
Without another word, U-kwon made his way into the battle zone.
 
***
 
"Duck!" Amber yelled, pushing Jieun to the ground, as bullets hit the wall where they had been standing in front of about five seconds previously.
 
"Bastards!" Amber yelled, as she straightened and fired back in the direction the bullets came from.
 
Jieun took a deep breath and wiped the tears from her eyes. The two women had arrived back in the middle of a battle.
 
"Aish!" Amber stood up and looked at Jieun. "I need to go help, you run back to Zelo's place, or even better, get out of the Zone until this is all over. Think you can make it by yourself?"
 
Jieun nodded.
 
"Okay," Amber said. "Good luck. I'll find you later, to make sure you'll be okay."
 
"Thank you," Jieun said, pulling Amber into a quick hug. "Without you, I'd be stuck in that house. Stay alive."
 
Amber grinned. "Oh, I intend to."
 
***
 
"Take that, bastard! Hell yeah! That's what you get when you mess with me!" Hyosung yelled as she emptied a round of bullets into a mans stomach.
 
She breathed heavily, pushing her hair behind her ears. It was damp with sweat.
 
"Right. Who's next?" She asked herself, turning around. She froze.
 
There, across the street. No, it couldn't be, could it?

"Jieun?" she croaked, looking at the figure not ten meters away from her. "Jieun? You're alive?" she said, louder this time.
 
"H-Hyosung?" asked Jieun, her voice shaking slightly, fear in her eyes.
 
"Well no wonder there's fear in her eyes, she just saw her best friend kill a man," Hyosung thought. "Yeah, it's me."
 
Some guy with a gun came running around the corner, but Hyosung shot him before he could raise his gun.
 
"Jieun! It's not safe here! We need to get you out of the fighting!" Hyosung yelled, running forward and grabbing Jieun's arm. "Come on!"
 
***
 
Daehyun threw the knife, and it hit the man in the neck. Daehyun watched, bored, as the man started coughing up blood, and rolled his eyes as he fell to his knees and died.
 
He walked up to him, reclaimed his knife, then kicked the body for good measure.
 
"Take that as a no, Dongwoon," he said, wiping Dongwoon's blood off of Daehyun's knife with the sleeve of his jacket.
 
Dongwoon had approached him about joining forces with Youngjae. Daehyun had killed the man. Personally, he didn't believe in the phrase "Don't shoot the messenger". 
 
***
 
Seohyun took a deep breath and loaded the gun.
 
As the closest thing to a doctor in the Zone, she hated the thought of taking a life. But, if someone tried to kill her, she would have to defend herself, not because she put herself first, but if she was dead, who would heal the masses of people that would be left injured after tonight?
 
She didn't think she could kill anyone though. Maybe if anyone approached, she could shoot them in the leg or something, and heal them when this was all over.
 
That was why she had the gun - it was a safety precaution.
 
Seohyun sat down, and waited for this battle to end, and for the inevitable deaths and injuries to be left behind for her to clean up.
 
***
 
Hyoyeon elbowed the man in the nose, and followed up by a kick to the groin. He lunged for her, grabbing her hair, and pulling her back by it. She twisted, and although that made it hurt even worse, she managed to free herself from the man. She stamped on his toe, and sent a well aimed power-house punch into his jaw, knocking out at least one tooth. She reached for her gun, but quick as a flash, the man threw a knife, and it hit the hand holding her gun.
 
"!" she yelled, dropping the gun. The knife had struck in the back of her hand, sinking in so far the blade protruded two inches out from the palm of her hand - stabbing right through from one side to the other.
 
The man took this opportunity to tackle her, taking her down to the ground and straddling her. Hyoyeon pushed her good hand up into his face. "Go for the eyes," she told herself. She managed to position her fingers near his right eye, and she dug them into his right eye socket, gouging and clawing the eye out. She yelled in disgust and fear.
 
The man wailed in agony, and took another knife out of his jacket, Hyoyeon got a glimpse of many, many knives hidden inside his jacket. The man stabbed her arm with her bad hand, the blade pushing it to the ground, through her arm and into the dirt, inning her arm down. Hyoyeon gasped in pain, and hot tears flowed from her eyes. The man took her pain as a chance to push down her arm that was at his face. The man grunted, one hand covering his partly-gouged out eye, the other taking out yet another knife. He lightly pressed the tip of it to , then hesitated as if waiting for something.
 
"Step away from her."
 
***
 
Yongguk raised his gun at the man over Hyoyeon, but he merely laughed. He looked insane, laughing, while one eye was it bloody bits, a river of blood flowing down his face. 
 
"Go on," he said. "Shoot me. But I bet I can kill her before the bullet hits me." He pressed the knife further into Hyoyeon's flesh with one hand, he raised the hand pinning Hyoyeon down to send a mocking salute to Yongguk.
 
Well, that was his rescue mission foiled, because Yongguk saw the truth of it; he couldn't kill him before the man killed Hyoyeon. In fact, he couldn't see a way where Hyoyeon would get out of this alive.
 
Suddenly, the man gasped. Hyoyeon kicked him off her. Yongguk ran to help her.
 
She was covered in sweat and blood, and his heart nearly broke, seeing the two knives in her arm.
 
No, not two, one.
 
He looked at the man, who was now dead. "What...." he began, but then he realized.
 
When the man was mocking Yongguk with a salute, he had let go of Hyoyeon's good arm briefly. She had reached over to her bad hand, and pulled the knife out of her own hand. She then used to same knife to stab the man in the heart, killing him.
 
As Yongguk realized this, he gained a whole knew respect for Hyoyeon. 
 
He gently touched her arm, where the second knife was embedded in her flesh. She winced. "Sorry about this," he said, gripping the knife, and pulling it out.
 
Hyoyeon grabbed his arm, and squeezed it tight. "Thank you," she murmured, as he helped her up.
 
"Nah, I didn't save you, you saved yourself. I just held his attention."
 
Hyoyeon nodded. "We need to get Himchan."
 
Yongguk thought for a moment. "He'll be at his hotel."
 
Hyoyeon nodded. "Let's go."
 
***
 
U-kwon growled. He had watched B-bomb tackle Hyoyeon, but before his plan had been able to start, Yongguk interrupted. U-kwon didn't dare go in when he was there. And now B-bomb was dead. 
 
U-kwon followed them, maybe he would get a chance later, but he doubted. 
 
Through all the fighting, he spotted two figures across the street.
 
One was a purple-haired woman he didn't recognize. But the second was Jieun.
 
He growled and reached for his gun, and ran towards them. He was going to kill them both; and avenge his friend.
 
***
 
Hyosung saw the red-haired guy running towards them. He raised his gun.
 
"Move!" Hyosung yelled, pulling Jieun out of the way as he open fired.
 
"Get out of here!" Hyosung told Jieun. "I'll take care of this-"
 
"I'm not leaving you!" Jieun protested.
 
"Listen! We don't have time for this! Jieun, I thought I lost you. I'm not losing you again. Now, go! I'll meet you at our house when this is over!"
 
Jieun looked like she wanted to protest, but swallowed, and nodded. She ran into the night, avoiding all the other fights.
 
Hyosung turned to the man, taking out her own gun.
 
"Wanna dance, pretty boy?" she snarled.
 
***
 
As Jongup and Zelo came to the street where the hotel was situated, they noticed a familiar figure fighting. And losing, by the looks of it.
 
"It's Hyosung!" Zelo yelled, realization dawning on him. The man knocked the gun out of here hand, and kicked her feet from under her.
 
"We need to help!" Jongup said.
 
"You go! I'll go to Himchan hyung," Zelo said, not wanting to split up, but knowing it must be down.
 
Jongup grasped his arm for a minute and a look of understanding passed between them. Jongup raised his gun as he ran towards the man.
 
Zelo turned into the hotel, and ran inside. The elevator wasn't working, so he ran up to the penthouse via the stairs. 
 
When he entered Himchan's room, Himchan turned and raised his gun.
 
"Whoa!" Zelo yelled. "It's me, it's me!"
 
Himchan sighed and lowered the gun. "You nearly gave me a heart attack! What are you doing here?"
 
Zelo walked over to his hyung. You're going to need some help," he said.
 
"Help won't save you now," came a deep, husky voice. The two turned to see Bang Yongguk and that woman, Hyoyeon or something, walk in. Yongguk had his gun aimed at Himchan.
 
Zelo raised his gun at Yongguk, and in turn, Hyoyeon, who was lingering in the doorway, raised her gun at Zelo.
 
***
 
Minzy climbed the stairs slowly, seeing that Himchan, Zelo, Hyoyeon - the traitor - and Yongguk standing inside. They didn't notice her.
 
Hyoyeon must really have loved Yongguk to go against Minzy. Minzy would make her regret it.
 
Minzy was getting desperate. She planned to get out of the Zone now, and light it up. With Himchan, Hyoyeon and Yongguk definitely in here, she could kill them no problem. She wasn't sure where Jiyong was, and she had found Zico's body. She would deal with Jiyong later, for now, she'd deal with the people gathered in the room in front of her.
 
She needed something to distract them, something that would keep them here long enough for her to escape and start the fire in the city.
 
And a wonderful idea struck her as soon as she saw Hyoyeon - traitorous  - standing in the doorway, her back turned, focusing on aiming her gun at that kid.
 
No one saw Minzy, so it was a surprise to them all when she pointed a gun at Hyoyeon's back and said; "lovely evening for a fight, isn't it?"
 
Himchan and Zelo stared at her surprised, Hyoyeon tensed, feeling the barrel of Minzy's gun sticking into her back. Yongguk looked furious, and raised his gun.
 
"Nuh-uh Bang. Move once more and I'll blow your girlfriend's stomach out," she warned. Yongguk dropped the gun, but Himchan raised his.
 
"Drop it!" Yongguk roared at him, aiming his gun once more at Himchan, obviously not wanting to risk Hyoyeon's life.
 
Minzy leaned forward to whisper in Hyoyeon's ear. "You little ," she whispered. "You betrayed me. You're going to pay for that."
 
***
 
"Well, it was nice meeting up," Minzy called to Himchan and Yongguk, who were both trying to think of ways to salvage the situation for themselves. "I'll be going now," she winked.
 
Yongguk was desperately trying to think of somehow to kill Minzy without risking Hyoyeon's life.
 
"See you in hell," Minzy said, pushing Hyoyeon into the room, and turning to run.
 
"She's letting her go?" Yongguk thought, confused. He was wrong.
 
As Minzy turned to run, she met Yongguk's eye and smiled, raising her gun.
 
And then she shot Hyoyeon.
 
 
 
A/N
PLEASE DON'T SHOOT ME ABOUT DONGWOON/B-BOMB
Ahem.
ANYWAYS what did you think of this chapter? It took me AGES to write it lol.
Please comment on what you thought about it.
Hopefully there will be an update soon, I'm planning on finishing it by the end of June.
As usual, thanks to subscribers and commenters! You guys have no idea how much you mean to me! <3
Until next time,
-ScissorsandElves