Like It or Not

Summer Trip

KRIS’ POV

The first time I met Chanyeol, I thought he’s a human togo. He couldn’t stop jumping everywhere. I didn’t know where he got all of the energy. We’re once visited Disneyland back when we’re in US, me and the rest of the group were already exhausted on the evening, but Chanyeol didn’t get tired. He’s also very active in the university. I only join the basketball team, but somehow Chanyeol even managed to get invited by the African community due to his talent in playing African drum instrument. Seriously, I found him an interesting guy to hang out with.

From what I heard, he’s very popular with girls. Well to be honest, who won’t? Chanyeol was a guy with nice manner, killer smile, and smart. For a raising fund event, he volunteered to play guitar at the park. Thanks to his handsome face and great guitar skill, we got fund more than we predicted.  

But today, it’s the first time I saw him… motionless.

He never woke up early when we’re living in the dorm, but to my surprise, I saw him already in the garden, playing with his cat this morning. He didn’t seem to be in a good mood. His hair was messy and he looked sleepy.

“What’s up?” I asked him while sitting on the chair at the garden.

He curled up his lips when he took the cat and put it on his lap.

“Nothing…”

I chuckled. “You sounded like a girl, you know? Oh come on, what’s wrong?”

“Where do you want to go today? Do you want to go hiking?” he didn’t answer my question.

“No, I want to study Korean today”

Just like I’ve expected he raised his eyebrows.

“You didn’t tell me you want to learn today. Can’t we do it another time? I’m not in a good mood to teach you”

I shook my head. “No, my tutor will come here. You better take a shower…”

“You called a tutor? Where does your tutor come from? A language institute?” Chanyeol continued to ask me.

Before I answered, the doorbell rang. Both of us looked at the front door.

“I think my tutor already coming…” I said as I walked through the door.  Just like what I’ve expected, she came on time.

Sulli bowed and waved her hands to me. “Hi, Oppa!”

I smiled to her and asked her to get in. Chanyeol still stood in his place with his messy hair and the pajama, the cat’s hair. He looked awkward and confused.

“Ya, Sulli, since when you’re becoming a Korean tutor? Why…why you came to a house that filled only with guy? Is gumo know that you’re coming here? Si-Si-Siwon hyung, doesn’t he asked where you’re going early in the morning?” Chanyeol suddenly nagged, made me and Sulli looked at each other in confusion.

Sulli frowned at Chanyeol.

“Why are you so loud? Just hurry and get ready, we have to go to a lot of places today. My mom knew already that I will go with Kris oppa and you, because it’s Kris oppa who asked mom’s permission. Siwon oppa drove me here and exactly knew what kind of place I went to. Are you satisfied now?”

Chanyeol pouted, responded to Sulli’s answer. With hesitation, Chanyeol went to his room and took a bath. I could only laugh listening to this two. Actually my Korean was still bad, but I slightly understand what they were talking about.

“Oppa, have you eaten? Do you want some sandwiches?” she asked, pointing at her bags that filled with foods. I nodded as I locked the front door.

“Were both of you always fight like this?” I asked Sulli as she entered the kitchen. I followed her, sitting on the chair while she making sandwich on the island. I thought we would be awkward after the incident several days ago, where she almost fell and accidentally hug me. Instead of being awkward, we’re just felt comfortable towards each other. She’s a very nice person to hang around with.

“Err… we’re not always fighting actually, we’re just… arguing? Our relationship wasn’t good, I guess. Hehehe…” She smiled, forming a very cute eye-smiled. I remembered seeing it somewhere…

“But I thought both of you were close? He always talks about you in our dorm” I said calmly.

Sulli looked at me in surprise. “He talked about me?”

Hmm…wait, was it supposed to be a secret?

“Was it Sulli or Suzy? Hmm, maybe I misheard things…” I awkwardly my back neck and sit on the chair. Sulli continued put the foods out from the bags, just like Chanyeol, she liked to hum when she did the job done.

“Do you… like him?”

“Who?” Sulli asked me back, looking away from the bread that she cut.

“Who else… Park Chanyeol of course…”

She stopped cutting the bread and looked at me, really looked at my eyes.

“Oppa, what are you talking about? Liking who? Hahaha you must be kidding me…” Sulli answered awkwardly. Sulli avoided my eyes and kept looking elsewhere.

“I can see your cheeks blushed, you know… There’s nothing wrong with liking him though…” I told her and winked.

These two… why both of them denied their own feelings?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHANYEOL’S POV

The night after I saw her practiced the musical; I never contacted or met her again. I spent the last three days playing my high school friends: Baekhyun and Jongdae. We did hiking to Mount Sorak, hang out at Hongdae, or just went around Seoul. Sometimes I met Jongin, our junior who’s on the same class with Sulli, and played Skyrim with him. Kris met his Chinese friends, a guy named Luhan, who was also spent his holiday in Korea.

 I felt a bit lazy to go around Sulli. No, not because her friend, Jiyeon, who always tried to text me all day. It’s just after that Chansulli thingy, I got moody. This was so not me, but I admitted I went overboard that night. I caused a scene after the rehearsal, by pretending I didn’t care about Chansung’s presence, causing Sulli to fuel up and angry. I was so cranky when we met after her rehearsal and we fought. Who am I to fight with her about the guy that closed to her?

Jongin once told me that before their high school graduation, there were several guys who asked Sulli out for date, but she never responded them. I grinned hearing that fact; she must have been waiting for me to ask her for a date. But Baekhyun said I should be worried since Sulli was quite close with Chansung. He was a student from Seoul High School and was one of the famous student (just like me huh? But Park Chanyeol was 100 times better of course!). Sulli hanged out with him often, to that extend that they were found enjoying skating on the ice rink last winter (while I was freezing alone in New York…).

And this morning, she surprised me by coming to my house. I didn’t know whether I should be thankful or hate Kris for inviting her. Some part of me was still feeling guilty towards her but I prefer to throw tantrum towards her rather than saying sorry. I should apologize to her later… but judging on how comfortable she was with Kris this whole day; I guess she didn’t really care about our fight.

Kris was being excited about several Korean foods that we bought on the market earlier this afternoon. After walking and shopping, we decided to rest at the coffee shop. Sulli taught Kris the name of the food and played some games with him. I didn’t feel jealous to Kris, for I knew he just wanted to learn about Korean culture more. It’s just... I dislike the way Sulli put all of her attention to Kris only. Hello, I did exist here in the same room and even on the same table with you, girl. But not once did Sulli looked at me or asked me anything. Nothing.

I felt something hit my knee and I saw Baekhyun, who was sit across me, intentionally swing his feet to me. I glared at him, but he just looked at me back with annoying expression. I took a sip of my latte, ignoring him.

“How long are you going to look at those two?” Baekhyun using his sharp chin to pointed Kris and Sulli who were ordered another food at the counter.

“I didn’t look at them”

Baekhyun chuckled and shook his head.

“Really? I thought your eye balls were about to go out from your eyes… Stop glaring at them. And, chill out, will you? Why were you so tense? You kept sitting down and then changing it upright. Chillax, dude” He laid comfortably to the chair, smirking at his phone.

I threw a nasty look to Byun Baekhyun. How on earth I have him as a best friend? Why God, why are You letting me spent my whole life with him? Couldn’t You gave me a more proper friend? Someone nice and encouraging, like Junmyeon hyung, maybe? Please.

“You know, Sulli asked about you…” there, he started again. He spoke while his eyes fixed on his cellphone. I acted like I didn’t hear him. Baekhyun and his mouth was something you should worry about.

“Just pretend like you didn’t hear me or whatever. But… she did ask about you to me. You do realize she’s close with Chansung, right?” Baekhyun stopped talking and looked at my expression.

I truly hated it when I couldn’t hide my feeling. I faked a cough, looking away from him. At the mention of “Chansung”, I immediately felt annoyed. I saw Baekhyun’s smirk. This never meant anything good.

“Are you sure you don’t want to know what her question was?” he teased me again.

“If you want to tell it, then tell me. If you don’t, then stop talk about it”

“Scary Chanyeol is scary, though. Well, since you’re my best friend, of course I will tell you” he brushed both of his palm, like about to reveal some important secret.

“She asked why you were angry that night when you sent her home, the night when you saw her musical practice…” Baekhyun took breathe, and continued again, “and she asked, whether you will be angry if she dates Chansung…”

I immediately looked at Baekhyun. Sulli wanted what?

“Chansung knew you always be around Sulli since forever, so he just appeared right when you went to America. Looking at how fast Sulli got close with him, I think she might be serious about her question…”

“Why are you telling me this stuff, Baekhyun?” I asked him out of curiousity. What was the point to tell me about it?

“Because Chansung also wonder, whether you like Sulli or not…” Baekhyun hanged his words again, making me curious. God, why did he love torturing me that much?

“It’s none of his business” I replied coldly.

“Oh come on, it’s about Sulli, Chanyeol…”

I rolled my eyes, annoyed.

“What if I said no?”

“He will date Sulli of course, you moron” Baekhyun shook his head.

What? He wanted to date Sulli? Sulli never date before, what did he want from a girl who has no experience? Tsk.

“And… what if I said yes?” I continued as soon as I heard Baekhyun’s answer.

Baekhyun raised his eyebrows, looked interested.

“So you like Sulli?”

“I said ‘if’”

Baekhyun formed a thin line on his lips.

“Well then... He will steal her from you”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Been thinking about the continuation of this story while I watched Chanyeol's fancam.

Gosh. I really really really like him.

And his deep voice? Spare meeee!

How do you like this chapter? Please let me know!

Cheers! ;)