Surprise!

Summer Trip

SULLI’S POV

“Oppa, are you sure you just want a can of apple juice? I’m on my way to the bus stop now. Are you still far from here?” I said as I walked passed the cashier. Siwon oppa were about to pick me up from the English course near Hongdae. Previously Jiyeon asked me to go with her and met our seniors who were on the same class with Chanyeol’s, but I refused because I already promised to my mom to accompany her and Sooyoung unnie to bake some cake this evening.

Right when I’m about to go out from the convenient store, I tripped my leg and apparently about to fall. Rather than touching the ground, I landed my body in someone’s warm chest. I hold tightly to his shoulder, yeah.. I peeked a bit and realized that “someone” was a he. After balancing my feet, I pull myself from him and got froze. Damn, this guy in front of me was really handsome. He looked at me in confusion.

“Are… Are you okay?” he spoke English. Well his face didn’t show that he has a Korean blood in his body, but… hey, what about Julian Kang or Daniel Henney? Hello…

I nodded. “Yes, I’m fine. I’m sorry…”

He smiled. You know, that kind of smile that could make your legs weak… I was about to speak again to him, but Siwon oppa already arrived. I bowed to him and left quickly to the car. As I get in to the car, I managed to look at him through the mirror and found him still stood idly in front of the store, looking at me. I slightly smiled. You didn’t happen to crash on someone handsome every day, right?

When we finally reached home I found my mom on the kitchen, accompanying Sooyoung unnie who looked intensely at the oven while putting her hand in the chest, praying. I joined them both while Siwon oppa chose to go straight to his room.

“What is it, Mom? Is there anything wrong?” I whispered to mom to that my mom responded with another whisper.

“She’s praying for her cake. You know, she had been learning to make some red velvet cake right?” I nodded, my mom continued, “She wanted to show it to her friend”

I raised my eyebrow.

“Mom, I don’t think that’s her ‘friend’ that she wanted to show the cake for…”

“Maybe she dated someone... It’s about the time for her to get another boyfriend, right?” my mom added the suspiciousness in this red velvet cake making. We giggled quietly, back to accompanying Sooyoung unnie.

After a “ding!” sound, all of us looked at the oven while Sooyoung unnie carefully took her cake out. The cake looks great from the outside. Sooyoung unnie held her breath before took one cake and started to taste it. My mom and I waited for her reaction towards it. Previously I knew how hard Sooyoung unnie tried to bake the cake; if it tasted good then she succeeds!

“Gumo.. This is edible! I finally made it!” Sooyoung unnie smiled brightly. I took a bite of the cake; if you have tasted red velvet cake then I could tell that this one was the best! Hehehe.. She happily munch the cake, that’s so Sooyoung unnie.

“Unnie, you’re seeing someone right?” I asked her when I helped her decorated the cake. I put a lot of cream on it, it’s surely delicious!

“Nope” she answered shortly, focused on the cake.

“This tells everything you know… You, bake a cake? That’s brand new information! Hahaha. I’ll upload it to me2day!” I quickly took a picture of it and posted it.

“Just wish me luck, Maknae!” she said as she hugged me from the side. I smiled to her. I wonder whom she met lately…

Not long after that, I continued making the cake for me to bring when I met Krystal later on tonight. Sooyoung unnie helped me to bake it, while I prepared the topping for my chocolate cupcake. I could feel the flour and sugar stick to my hand and skin, but I enjoyed it. When we’re done with the topping, I heard someone rang the bell at the door. I came to open the door; it should be my father who came back from the office.

I quickly opened the door and … frozen. It’s the guy I met at the convenient store today! What did he do here in my house? Did he follow me earlier? He looked awkward and kinda confused. Before I could speak to him, I heard a very familiar sound. Yeah, the sound that I haven’t heard for a while…

“Choi Jinri! I’m home!”

It’s Park Chanyeol and his Chucky face, stood in front of me.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHANYEOL’S POV

She looked like a doll, stood in front of me. Her long hair was pulled, created a cute pony tail with a bang. There was flour at the edge of her nose, but she still looked fine even when she wore that apron. She blinked her eyes several times before she could say my name.

“Were you that shocked to see me here?” I , winked quickly. She pouted, but then she stopped pouting. I knew she looked at another person here.

“Sulli, this is Kris, my friend in New York” I spoke as I pat Kris’ shoulder. “And Kris, this is Sulli…”

I wanted to add “my friend” when I mentioned Sulli to Kris, but somehow I didn’t say it.

Kris shook his hand with Sulli, both were shy to each other. What was that… We finally stepped in to the house and warmly greeted by Sulli’s mom, Sooyoung nuna, and Siwon hyung. That hyung, how could he become more and more charming every time I saw him? (Note, I’m not a gay okay? It’s just Siwon hyung was really a cool man).

Kris couldn’t speak Korean so we talked in English. I couldn’t stand Sooyoung unnie’s gag, she did speak English well but the way she joked about it… even Kris laughed really hard. I noticed Sulli paid attention to Kris a lot during dinner time. She didn’t even ask me or greet me well; she’s just looking at Kris. Life’s hard when you have a more handsome friend when you were already handsome (Park Chanyeol’s guide to life number 10).

“Where are you going?” I asked her when we’re done with the dinner. Kris was being accompanied by Sooyoung unnie and Siwon oppa, while Sulli moved to the couch in the living room. She took something that looked like a scenario.

“I have a musical practice after this, near the school”

“Musical?”

She nodded. “We will hold a performance, come if you want to see. I also play with Baekhyun sunbae”

Byun Baekhyun? Why didn’t he say anything earlier today when we met? Aish…        

Sulli walked to her room for a while. I accidentally looked at the script book. I took and opened the page; unexpectedly she’s so diligent, marking her part with the highlighter and even put some notes on the dialogue. Something caught my attention at the back of the book. It was a short word. “Chansulli”.

I smirked when I saw it. Chansulli. Perhaps, it was “Chanyeol – Sulli”? I giggled at the thought of it. Just like what I've predicted, she likes me! I felt like winning a lottery! God, why should she be all that cold while she actually wanted my attention? Girls, girls, why were you all like to make guys confuse?

Sulli came back from her room and took the bag. I kept smiling, ignoring her confused look.

“Are you going to flesh your teeth like that all night?” she commented.

Aish. I ignored her words.

“Let’s go, I’ll accompany you to the musical” I took her hand and pretended like it was something normal.

When we arrived at the practice place, a mini theater near the school, there were already several people there. I sat along with Krystal and Minho hyung, this couple… one of those who had been dating the longest among us. I also saw Baekhyun, he waved excitedly at the stage. I could imagine him as a diva, he really wished he could be an actor or singer later on.

There were also several people that I haven’t seen before. Like that tall guy who kept standing near Sulli while she recited her line.  Who is he?

Some girls who sat near the stage chanted something that made me looked at them.

“Chansulli! Chansulli!”

I, again, laughed at the sound of the words. Really, was it her way to felt my support during her hard time in doing this musical? God, Sulli…I was so touched.

“Chansulli what… How come they said that in such a low tone? They should said it in such an energetic way! Chansulli!!!” I screamed quite loud, making Minho hyung and Krystal looked at me in confused.

“Ya, what did you do? Are you really a Chansulli supporter?” asked Minho hyung.

“No doubt on it, of course. Sulli got my 100% support you know!” I spoke with a bright smile on my face.

Krystal shook her head. “Oppa, do you know what are you talking about?”

“What?” I asked in confusion.

Minho hyung patted my shoulder. “Chansulli stands for Chansung Sulli”

“Chansung?”

“That guy, that tall guy who stands beside Sulli. Do you see him?”

I looked at the stage. Sulli still recited her line while that Chansung guy playfully asked her to play. At first she ignored him, but later on, she responded to his joke and both of them laughed together.

I thought tonight wasn’t like the one I’ve imagined. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Update! ^^

I love writing Chanyeol's part hahaha somehow it's just fit him lol.

Any thought on this? Enjoy! :)