CHAPTER I: One Spring Night

My Heart is Only Yours~ (내 마음은 당신입니다~)

 

CHAPTER I: One Spring Night

 

We were sitting under a cherry blossom tree in a park near my condominium building. The lamp posts light softly hitting our quite chilly bodies. It’s past mid Spring and the cold wind calmly blew upon us, making our hair dance with it as it passes. I can feel the nearing of Summer season for the tree’s petals started to fall one by one. It is a beautiful sight. And it feels incredibly nice.

 

Without any warning, he suddenly grabbed my hand, wrapped his big manly hands around mine, and then looked at me with his usual sweet smile. I smiled back unconsciously as he squeezed my left hand delicately. His hands were really warm. Like a soothing cup of hot choco on a cold day, his warmth crept in me until I can’t feel the coldness in my heart anymore. It was a comforting feeling, a feeling I almost had forgotten. It’s been a while. I thought to myself, then, I smiled again.

 

With him by my side and with his hand on mine, I felt that everything will be all right. Why does everything seem to be in the right place whenever I’m with him? But I already know the answer to my question. Ah. It’s the ‘religion’. I thought to myself as I chuckled softly which he was unable to hear. The ‘religion’ they were talking about is taking its effect on me, and I felt glad about it.

 

I turned my head to look at him. He was gazing at the dark sky while smiling foolishly by himself. This sight made me chuckle again. Hearing my almost inaudible laugh, he then turned to look at me.

 

“Wae?” he asked with the surprised look in his face.

 

“Haha! Nothing~ You just looked like a fool for a while.” I replied.

 

“What?! Hmm. Yeah, I’m a fool. I’m a fool for liking someone like you. Tsk tsk.”

 

“YAAAAH! What’s that supposed to mean?!” I told him while slapping his arm with all my might.

 

“AH! Ouch!! Hahaha! Just kidding!” Then he side hugged me and added, “On the contrary, I think I’m a genius because I know you’re the greatest girl in the whole world.”

 

“Woooh. Chincha?” I asked with a wide grin.

 

“Un! Chincha! Chincha!” He nodded enthusiastically.

 

“Heehee.” As soon as the pout on my face disappeared, I planted a soft kiss on his cheek.

 

Our eyes met and we stared at each other for a few seconds. 1. 2. 3. Then his face started to move closer to mine. Omo! I thought to myself as I watch his movement. What is this? Is he gonna kiss me? He kept moving closer. He’s gonna kiss me! He’s gonna kiss me! Bathump. Bathump. My heart was beating really fast. For a second, I thought it was going to explode. This will be our first kiss if ever! But something caught his attention and then shifted his eyes near my left ear. “Hehe. A petal.” He told me as he removed the soft pinkish thing stuck in my hair. He let it go and it flew slowly. I looked at it until I can’t distinguish it among the other petals. I felt disappointed and betrayed. Stupid petal.

 

I thought the kiss was gonna happen. But it didn’t. Though I blamed it on the petal, I guess I was a little thankful too. I thought I was gonna die from heart attack! Ghad, I cannot stand these nerve-wrecking situations. But I’m still looking forward to the day that we will share that very special moment. What I didn’t know is that it’ll happen in just a few days...

 

“But mom!! That’s not how you first met dad!!” The little lady beside me suddenly cut my sweet story telling.

 

“Haha! I know. I just wanted to tell you that short incident about how I was betrayed by a petal.” I told her as I laughed and patted her head softly. “Now go to sleep honey. You still have school tomorrow.” I tucked her in bed while smiling at her.

 

“Hmph. Heehee. Okay mom.”

 

“Good night honey.” Then I planted a soft kiss on her forehead. “I love you.”

 

“Good night mom. I love you too.” She smiled lovingly at me then closed her eyes and went to sleep.

 

I turned off the dim lights as I walked out the door. Then I walked along the hallway which leads to our high-ceilinged living room. There I found a gorgeous man sitting on a dark grey couch watching television. He looked at me and asked me with a loving voice, “Is our Soojung asleep?”

 

I walked towards him and sat beside him. He is still as warm as that day. “Yah. I managed to make her sleepy somehow. Heuheu. Aigoo. Uri ttal.”

 

He then put his arm around me and pulled me closer. “Charhaesseo yeobo.” I smiled as I lean on him.

 

I can never be thankful enough for having him by my side. I’m more than lucky to be his wife. I’ve always thought that he’s more than I deserve, and I still think that way up until now. To be married with a man like him, I’m very blessed. My dearest husband, saranghae.

 

But this story is many years from now. Let's head back to the time when I first met my wonderful husband along with the three young boys who changed my boring life into something unexpected.

 

~~~~~~~ END OF CHAPTER~~~~~~~ 

This is my first time writing a story so please be good on me. heehee~~

 

♥ Yoojin~