Chapter Two - Who's That Dude?

A Forgotten Promise

 

Chapter 2

“So Alice, what did you think of Dongwoon? He's quite a charming man, isn't he?” Lydia asked me in a happy tune.

“He's nice. And doesn't look Korean at all.” I laughed. “He has the same kind of interest with me. Like Photography and such. Didn't know we could click easily. And oh, he's like 4 years older than me, and I’ve drop the formalities between the both of us..”

“Oh so that's why he ran out from the kitchen laughing? Did you called him Oppa? And what exactly did he asked you when we said our goodbyes with the boys just now? He was smiling from ear to ear. Looks like he's very interested in you!” Lydia responded with such curiosity.

“Well, he asked for my number. And that is all. You don't have to know the rest. It's for me to know and for you to find out. I'm going to head to the showers now.”

 

Before I walked off from Lydia, she grab my wrist and said “But.. I know there's more to it! I want to know! Jebal!” She shook my arm. I replied her with “I'll tell you bout it later. I need a nice cold shower. Adios!” I ran to my room and took my shower.

Flashbacks of dinner came into my mind. How we talked, how we joked around. His chirping laughter, his photo on his ID.. Son Dongwoon what have you done to me. I shook my head in disbelief. I got out from the showers, dried myself, tied my hair into a bun and wore on my sleeping outfit. I stretched out and yawned. It's only 8.30pm and I'm already this tired. I went out from my room and sat beside Lydia in the living room. She was reading through her music notes. I took out my laptop from my bag and started focusing on my project that I have to hand in by the end of the week.

“A project yet again?” Lydia said while gluing her eyes on my laptop.

“A music sheet yet again?” I replied back to Lydia, trying my best not to be sarcastic. We both laughed in the same tone.

“This music sheet.. Is everything to me. It's a ballad song. Do you want to hear it?” I nodded and asked her to start singing.

“Uri saranghaetjana, jebal nal ullijima. Ojik naegen no hanappunya.. Nuneul gamado boyeo, gwirul magadeo deullyeo... Jebal nal tonagajima~ Okay that's the first part of it. It's a snippet for you.” Lydia teased.

I clapped my hands and cheered. I gave her a thumb’s up and asked her to continue practicing while I do my work. After a few minutes concentrating on my work, my phone vibrated and screamed out “Buing Buing! Message received!” I took it out from the front zip of my bag and looked what's on the screen. The number is not familiar. I unlock my phone and open the message.

“Alice Wonderland! This is your Korean Foreign friend. Kekeke. Thanks for today. I had a good dinner.  I just wanted to say have a good rest and sleep early yeah? We’ll see each other again soon. ^_^ Annyeong!” Son Dongwoon.. What have you done to me?

Lydia came closer to me and tried to take a peep of the message that I’ve received. “Nugu? Son Dongwoon?” she laughed.

I pushed her away lightly and replied her with a “Mind your own business.” I smiled to myself.

 -

A week later..

Life has been good. Dongwoon and I are still sending messages to each other for the past week. At times we would send an mms to each other about what we’re doing. I was currently in school and I was stuck in super boring lecture. Thank goodness I had my laptop. I was online at the moment, so I was surfing through my Tumblr and then, a msn convo popped up.

-

Namshin91: Wonderland girl, aren’t you supposed to be in school now?

ALLY_93: Well I am, but this lecturer is just seriously boring. He’s talking about how we can play around with the colouring effects etc.. /yawns

Namshin91: What time do you end?

ALLY_93: About 2pm? Wae?

Namshin91: Wanna hang out? Car or Motorcycle? Your choice. ;)

ALLY_93: CAR! Why are you asking to hang out at a wrong day Son Dongwoon-ah! I’m wearing my school uniform! L

Namshin91: Ohmy really? That’s great! I’ll pick you up at 2pm. I’ll wait till you come out. Seeya then, Wonderland! ^_^ -wents offline-

Son Dongwoon.. You really got me going crazy.

Class was over 10 minutes before 2pm.  I packed my stuff and went out from the lecture hall. I went to my locker and gussied up. A text messaged was received.

“ Wonderland, I’m almost there. I’m just about 6 traffic lights away. See you J” – Namshin.

I took off my eyes from my phone and rested my head on my locker door, giving out a sigh of nervousness.

“ Why the sigh, noona?” a voice asked.

I opened my eyes and I saw Zelo looking at me curiously. I gave him a smile and said “Nothing.”

“Noona, you can’t lie to me like that. I know there’s something going on. Are you meeting someone in a while? Noona, noona nugu? Is he handsome than me? Is he older? What’s his name?” Zelo asked.

“Aigo this sonyeon (boy). You don’t have to worry, araji? Besides, we’re just friends. Geunyang chingu. “ I replied to him while I was fixing his school uniform. “Noona will go now, ara? Annyeong!” I pinched his cheeks and went out from school.  Since he’s not here yet, I decided to listen to some music and waited for him near the picking up bay.

-

About 5 minutes later, he came in a black Audi car. He went out from his car and walked towards me. He had his hair spiked up; wearing a ray ban shade, a blue checkered blouse, a nice skinny cut khakis and wore simple loafers.

 “Hey Alice. Mianhae I was late. Shall we get going?” He apologized and leaded me to his car. Without any hesitation, I stood up and followed his lead, escorting me to the car. His car smells so good. It smelled like as if it’s a new car. He adjusted the aircon temperature and started driving.

“So.. Where are we going?” I turned my head to his direction and ask curiously.

“Somewhere near first. For brunch?” he smiled while focusing his eyes on the road. He the radio and a song from Lydia’s & Dujun’s band was on air. We both looked at each other with a “HEY I KNOW THIS SONG” kind of face. We then both laughed, and hummed to the song together.

“You know Alice, this song is so beautiful. I love the lyrics and how the tune is. It’s catchy.” Said Dongwoon. I nodded in agreement. “How was school anyways? It’s been awhile since I’ve schooled.” He asked as he chuckled.

I explained to him from a to z about my school life. About how boring it is to be stuck in a lecture hall for 3 hours, not able to do such things. About how the school’s cafeteria is so amazing (well it’s only in my school) where you’re able to get a seat no matter how busy it is, and the small café where I love to hang out often whenever I have extra hours before it turns dark outside. As I’m done telling; we reached our destination. Its… the mall. We headed to Fish & Co. for our brunch. He ordered a plate of seafood platter for 2. The platter was filled with grilled fish, butterfly prawns, crab sticks, oysters and two huge scoops of rice. The beverage that he ordered too was huge. It's called Jungle Freeze; made up with blended ice, lemon, soda and 100plus. Since it is a huge jug, the server had put two straws in one jug. We were shocked by the outcome, but it gets hotter when we tried to drink the beverage at the same time. He got himself coughing and my face turned really red.

After we ate, we walked around the mall and went into some shops. As we came across Topshop, Dongwoon looked at me and said " Lets get in. I need to fix you. "

"Fix me? What do you mean by that?!" i replied. He pushed me from the back, shook his head and smiled as we entered the store. 

The worker greeted us with a very shocking expression to see that Dongwoon came into Topshop. He greeted him with a 90 degree bow and went to his manager straightaway after he greeted us  Never would have I thought that Dongwoon was such a famous person. He faced me and said "Wow. This will be fun. I used to model for Topshop. I wonder what do they have in stock right now." 

In about a minute later, the manager of the store came and greeted Dongwoon as if they've known each other for ages. All i could do was stand, smile, and mind my own business. I saw Dongwoon whispered something to the Manager while i was looking at some clothes near them. The Manager came and talked to me for a while. 

"So, you're Alicesshi?" said the Manager. 

"Ah neh. Nice to meet you." I replied with a polite tone. 

"I'm Chaerin. Call me Unnie!" she laughed. "Dongwoon had talked about you. He wants me to give you some fashion tips and style you up today."

I looked at Dongwoon and all he could do is smile. He then decided to walk around the place to look at the guys section. He told me that he'll be meeting me outside the changing room after I'm being transformed. 

Chaerin unnie decided to split up to find some nice outfits. I agreed and then headed to the petite conner. There were lots of nice tight fitting dresses which I thought I could look so y and it would definitely compliment my shape. Suddenly an assistant approached me. 

"We have new stocks in store if you would like to take a look. What si- Alice?" he asked. 

I turned my body to face him and immediately my jaw dropped. I let out a shock "oh" to realise that.. It's Jonghyun! 

"Alice, what are you doing here?" he asked me again. 

I blinked my eyes and came back to reality. "Oh erm.. I came here with-"

"Me. Alice is with me. Nice to meet you. I'm Dongwoon. And you are?" Dongwoon suddenly appeared beside me and raised his right hand to receive a handshake in return from Jonghyun. 

"Jonghyun."