Starting Fresh

Pain Music Love

''Kyungmi! I'm trying to go to sleep!'' Di yelled. I was on the top bunk writing some lyrics down. Ever since Bang mentioned the rock festival I've been trying to work on my overall skills as a musician. I guess the lamp I had on was irritating her.

''Oh, mianhae.'' I flipped the blanket over myself to keep the light down. I was just messing around with some lyrics, but every time I got somewhere my mind would race back to Daehyun, and my song turned into one about love. Not exactly what I was going for at the time. ''Ugh, it's no use. I just keep writing about Daehyun-''

''bbirribibirriboopbobdoopbob.'' my phone began to ring.

''Kyung!!'' Di barked.

''Sorry!'' I didn't bother reading the caller ID, and just answered it. ''Yoboseyo?'' I whispered.

''Kyungmi! Please give me a chance to explain myself.'' It was Daehyun on the other end. So far I've been doing a good job of ignoring his calls, and texts, but hearing his pleads broke my heart. I couldn't resist him. ''I'll be waiting under the bridge for you. If you don't come...'' He trailed off. ''Please come.'' He hung up without letting me get a word in. I slid out of my covers, and climbed down the steps of my bed. 

''Yeah, go somewhere else if you're not going to sleep.'' Di mumbled in her pillow.

''Ne, I'll be back soon.'' I pulled my hoodie over my head, and tip toed through the door. I walked over to the bridge Daehyun was waiting at, and saw him standing by the water  with a black mask over half of his face. Slowly I made my way over to him.

''What's with the mask?''

He looked up from the still water, and into my eyes. I almost melted from his intensity. ''I always where this, but that's not a question I came here to answer tonight.'' A sigh found its way out of me.

''Well, what did you come to tell me?'' He pulled hi mask down so that it laid under his chin.

''Well for one I don't understand why you're ignoring me.''

''What do you mean? Didn't you lie to me about being in UTOPIA''

''No I didn't! You never asked.'' Even though Daehyun was normally a calm guy he I saw a different side of him, as he tried to explain himself.

''But still, you knew I what band I was apart of. Why didn't you say anything?''

''Because I didn't care! Why should it matter who we play for?! You seemed to be pretty interested in me before you found out, so what changed?'' He was right. I was interested in him, and I still was. It was more than that, I already caught feelings for him and I couldn't shake them. ''I'm still the same Daehyun you met, and I don't know about you but I felt something that day we met. Something I never felt before. I thought you understood the feeling, but if it's so easy for you to throw me away then I guess I was wrong.''

''No you weren't. I do have feelings for you, more than you realize. It's just I...'' 

He let a heavy sigh out. ''I get that you're trying to be loyal. Trust me after what happened with Jongup I honestly understand why they would be hesitant to trust any of us. But you have to realize that none of that has anything to do with you or me. I try everyday to talk to Jongup, and get him to resolve the tension between our groups, but it's hard getting through to him sometimes.''

''So what is it that you're trying to say right now?''

''I'm saying...let's start over. Let's try getting to know each other, but in secret. Maybe if things go well between us we can convince our friends to squash this stupid beef.'' My heart was torn. I loved the idea of starting over with Daehyun, but at the same time I couldn't afford to lose their trust. Bang's most of all.

''I don't think I can do that.'' I took a step back. He proceeded.

''Yes you can. Trust me, I won't let anything happen.''

You don't understand! I don't have anywhere else to go.'' Tears formed in my eyes but I refused to let them fall. ''If my friends turn their back on me I'm gonna have to go back home-'' Just the thought of Hyunshik made the tears fall easily despite how hard I tried to keep them in.

''What do you mean?''

''DisMay isn't just a group that plays together in their spare time. We are each others family, I don't have a home to go to anymore!'' He grabbed my hand, and laced his fingers in mine. His touch sent chills down my spine. 

''If that were to happen then I would take care of you. Anywhere that we're together is our home.'' The passion in his eyes made me want to believe that what he was saying was the truth. Despite the worry that was harboring deep down inside of me I slowly nodded. He wrapped his arms around me. ''I'm going to protect you Kyungmi.'' He whispered in my ear.

-------------------------------------------------

Aigoo Daehyun sunbae!!! So sweet, and for once I 'm happy with how I ended this chapter. Subscribe, and comment if you'd like, or just enjoy the story. Either way I am still grateful to whoever reads this. 감사합니다 ^_^