Onew's Crush

We Aren't Just Best Friends, Are We?

"I will wait for you,

so please give me a chance!"

 

It's the start of another day, and another morning. The cafe was still closed. The staffs were getting ready for the opening, arranging the chairs and tables. Onew was dragging a white piece of cloth across the tables as he always did every morning, occasionally looking at the door and his watch or sometimes drifting off to his own little world. 

Onew, Onew, when are you going to confess to her? Surely you don't want to spend another year eating Jjajangmyun, do you?
Sigh...

"Onew, Onew! Hey! Are you listening to me?" Victoria called out.
"Onew!"

"Wha-what?" Onew jumped.

"What's gotten into you?" Victoria asked.
"You seem out of sorts lately!"

"N-nothing." Onew shook his head.

Just then, the doors of the cafe opened. A familiar, yet sweet and cheerful (well that's what Onew thinks), voice filled the cafe, greeting the staff. Onew immediately brightened up. He was about to turn around, but dropped the cloth on the floor. He kneeled down and picked up the cloth, then came a loud thud and a painful "oww". Everyone turned to see Onew with one hand on his head, looking as if his head would drop any moment.

"Onew! Are you alright?" Yumi went over to Onew, kneeling beside him, rubbing his head.

"Y-Yeah, I-I-I... I'm f-fine... " Onew blushed as red as brick.
"Good morning!"

 

Afternoon came. There weren't many people at the cafe that day. Onew went over to a table where a couple were seated before, stacking the used plates and cups on an emtpy tray. He started drifting into his own world again, daydreaming of him and her sharing a pie just like what the couple from before had done.

I'm going for lunch with her today. I have to confess to her... I have to... I have to... I... Have... To....

Onew let out a sigh, shaking his head.

"Are you sure you're okay? That knock this morning seemed to have affected you, greatly." Yumi said.

Onew shook his head again.
"I'm fine, really."

"Good," Yumi said.
"Finish cleaning this up and we'll go for lunch."

"O-Okay..." Onew's voice trailed off as Yumi walked away.

"You like her, don't you?" Victoria appeared out of nowhere.

"How did you know?" Onew asked, almost whispering.
"What should I do?"

"Ask her out, silly!" Victoria said.

Onew thought for a moment.
"But..."

"No buts! You can do this!" Victoria cheered him on.
"FIGHTING!"

 

After having lunch, Yumi and Onew decided that they should walk around the streets. Onew walked behind Yumi as she ran to several shops, looking at accessories, asking Onew for his opinion but getting no response. Onew was trying to organize his words in his head, hoping to confess to her at the right time. He ended up staring at her back as they walked - looking at her wavy chocolate-brown hair, pink polka-dotted top, denim shorts, legs...

What the hell am I doing!? 

Yumi turned around to find Onew staring at her, but in a daze. She called out to him but he did not respond. She walked right up to him and snapped her fingers in front of his face.

"Come back to Earth, Onew!" Yumi said.

"S-Sorry, you were saying?" Onew snapped out of it.

"Are you really alright? We should head back to the cafe now." Yumi got worried.

"I... Yumi... I..." Onew tried to speak.

Then he took a deep breath.
"Yumi, I... I wanted to tell you I've always liked you and that every time I see you my heart starts so beat rapidly and I'm afraid that you wouldn't like me and I've always wanted you to know that I liked you I feel happy every time I hear your voice so I would like to ask you out  and... and..." 

Onew hesitated for a moment.
"Would you be my girlfriend?"

"Onew, I..." Yumi tried to speak.

"I know it's too sudden," Onew cut in.
"I will wait for you, so please give me a chance!"

"I'm so sorry Onew, I already have a boyfriend." Yumi said apologetically.

"Oh, okay." Onew did not know what else to say.
"Forget that I asked."

Then came a short silence.

"We're still friends," Yumi said.
"Nothing's changed."

Onew nodded and Yumi gave him a hug.

"Don't worry, you will find that someone who's right for you!" Yumi added.

Onew nodded again. Both of them smiled walked back to the cafe.

 


Annyeong reader
So how did you like that chapter?
Leave me a comment below okay?

Thank you for subscribing.
Don't forget to subscribe if you haven't!