Chapter 3

We Aren't Just Best Friends, Are We?

Sungmin woke up to the sounds of his alarm clock. He turned to the clock, which was jumping wildly on the bedside table (well, not literally jumping), and stopped the alarm and went back to sleep. 10 minutes later, the telephone, sitting on a table in the living room, rang. Sungmin ignored it. He took his pillow, covered his face and went back to sleep. The next moment, his cellphone rang.

"What do you want?" Sungmin said with a lazy tone.

"Hey! What do you mean by that!" Yumi shouted into the phone.
"Wait till you get back home tonight, I am so going to kill you!"

"Alright, fine, fine..." Sungmin yawned loudly and then continued.
"I'm up. Enjoy your day off and have fun with Siwon."

"I will! Work hard! Bye!" Yumi said happily.

 

Sungmin arrived at the cafe to see a depressed Onew, sitting on the steps at the entrance. He called out to Onew a few times but got no response. Sungmin left him alone outside, while he went into the cafe to prepare for the opening of the cafe for that day. While the staff were arranging the chairs and tables, Sungmin went over to them.

"What happened to him?" Sungmin asked, pointing to Onew who was outside.

"He confessed his feelings to Yumi," Victoria explained.
"but got rejected."

"Yumi already has a boyfriend." Sungmin blurted out.
"Oh no, I shouldn't have said that!"

"What? Onew likes Yumi? And she has a boyfriend? Who? No wonder he's depressed." Jungsoo appeared out of nowhere, making everyone jump.
"Well, get back to work! I'll handle this!"

Outside, Onew was staring at the clouds. He sighed. The clouds reminded him of Yumi. He remembered Yumi telling him how much she loved the sky and the clouds. He sighed again. Then a while later, his phone rang. Thinking it was Yumi, he immediately picked up the call. But instead of hearing her sweet voice, out came a familiar man's voice.

"Onew Lee! If I don't see you in here within the next 5 seconds, YOU ARE FIRED!" Jungsoo ordered.

The moment Jungsoo put down the telephone, Onew was standing in the cafe, breathing hard.

 

At the same time, Siwon was at a park, running until he was out of breath. He seemed to be looking for someone, or rather, his girlfriend. He turned around to see Angela walking towards him, with tears in her eyes. She stopped in front of him, and gazed into his eyes. He then pulled her close to him and gave her a kiss. 

"CUT!" shouted the director from his seat.
"Good take!"

The second the director ended the scene, Siwon quickly pulled away from Angela, even though it wasn't a real kiss. Siwon excused himself. He walked to the side and gulped down whatever that was left in his bottle as he checked his cellphone. Upon seeing a familiar name, he smiled to himself. His manager, who was also a really good friend of his, went over and elbowed him.

"Going somewhere today?" asked Siwon's manager, Manager Kim.

"Yes, on our belated one year anniversary date," Siwon grinned.

"I just can't believe it!" Manager Kim exclaimed.
"It's already been a year, and no one has yet to find out about your relationship with her!"

"I'm a good actor, aren't I?" Siwon proudly said.

"Yes, yes, you are," Manager Kim said, handing him a set of car keys.
"Here, take my car."

"Thanks!" Siwon said.

 

Yumi stood at the lift lobby of her block, looking at her own reflection on the lift doors. Residents who live on that block had gotten a shock, with her appearing as the lift doors opened. She knew most of the residents living there, so they would end up asking her about where she was going and things like that. When the doors closed, she continued fixing her chocolate brown hair. 

Just then, the lift doors opened again. Without warning, a man with shades stepped out and walked right into her. Yumi lost her balance, pulling the man by his wrist down with her. Before she knew it, he was on top of her. He tried to get up, but he felt a tug on his hoodie. The next moment, he was pulled away from Yumi, and landed on his back.

"What do you think you're doing?" Siwon shouted, threatening the man with his fist and grabbed the man by his collar.

"Siwon, no!' Yumi shouted.

The man took off his shades and looked up at Siwon.

"Kim... Yesung?" Siwon said, loosening his grip on the man's collar.
"What are you doing here?"

"I live here!" Yesung said.

"Siwon, it's okay, it's just a misunderstanding," Yumi explained.

Yumi got up, wincing in pain. She fell on Siwon as he held on to her.

"I think I hurt my ankle," Yumi said.

"So, you're that unknown girlfriend of Siwon," Yesung said.

"You guys know each other?" Yumi asked, pointing at the both of them.

"Met him a few times," Siwon said.
"Don't you go spreading this around!"

"Yeah, I won't," Yesung said and left.

Seeing her swollen ankle, Siwon carried Yumi up.

"People might see us!" Yumi struggled to get down.

"Hold on tight!" Siwon smiled.

 


That's it for chapter 3!
Do subscribe and leave me a comment!