Meeting UKISS

When Everything Seems All Right

You were asleep, silently crying. It was very earlier in the morning and the sun was just rising. DaYoung came in with your tray of breakfast. She saw that you were crying and came over to you, shaking you to wake you up. You sat up, still crying, though you didn't know it.

"_____-ah, why are you crying?" DaYoung said.

"I-I'm crying?" You quickly dried your tears. "I'm sorry, Unnie. I just don't want to die, yet. I don't wanna leave Appa, Umma, and Oppa. But, I know I will have to soon. I can feel it. They're going to be hurt because of me, wether I tell them or not. I'm mostly scared."

DaYoung hugged you tightly. "I know you're scared. But, you're a lot more brave than any other patient I have. You're not someone who is easily forgotten. I have some good new for you, though."

You looked at DaYoung. "What is it?"

"AJ-ah is coming. And, he's bringing UKISS along." she smiled.

Your face lit up. "So, I can finally meet Jaeseop-oppa's group? I always wanted to meet them! Jaeseop-oppa has told me a lot about them. From his stories, they seem a little crazy."

DaYoung nodded. "Yes. I've been wondering when AJ-ah would bring them along. It's about time, right?"

You nodded, still smiling. "When will they be here?"

"As soon as they can come in." DaYoung said. "They all have a day off today and AJ-ah told me that they have been wanting to meet you, too."

 

Time seemed to move slowly. You were given your medication just before visitor hours began. About ten minutes later, there was a knock at the door. Excitedly, you said, "Come in!"

A guy you immediantly knew came in. "Hey, _____-ah."

You jumped out of bed and practically tackled him. "OPPAAAA!!"

"Yah! ______-ah! You're supposed to be in your bed!" said AJ.

You looked up at him and pouted. "Oppa, my legs aren't broken! Besides, I hate being stuck in bed all day!"

AJ sighed. "All right, fine. But, for just today."

You smiled and let him go. "Thanks, Jaeseop-oppa~! So, who's here?"

"Everyone." he replied. He looked to the door. You looked over to where he was looking and saw six other guys standing at the door.

"Then, why aren't they in here, yet?" you said. "DaYoung-unnie already told me all of you were coming."

"Oh. I didn't want you to be overwhelmed by the amount of people coming here." replied AJ. "Come on in, guys." The rest of UKISS then entered your hospital room.

You bowed to them and said, "Hello, I'm Kim ______, Jaeseop's baby sister. Nice to meet you all~!"

"I'm UKISS' leader, Shin Soohyun."

"I'm Lee Kiseop."

"Just call me Eli."

"Yeo Hoonmin, but just call me Hoon."

"I'm Woo Kevin."

"And, I'm the lovable maknae, Shin Dongho!"

AJ smirked slightly and whispered, though it was loud enough to be heard from at least Dongho, to you, "Becareful of Dongho, _______-ah. He's scary."

"Yah, hyung! Now she might really think I am scary!" Dongho protested with a small pout.

You chuckled at that. "Well, it's nice to meet you all." you said with another bow.

"So, _______-ah, how much longer do you have to stay in this hospital?" asked Hoon.

"Well, Hoon-ssi-"

"Call us oppa." said Soohyun with a smile.

You nodded and said, "Hoon-oppa, to your question, the doctors aren't sure. They estimate about a year, but it could change at any time." You had rehersed your answer many times, but you didn't expect the pain in your heart of having just lied to your brother and his friends. As far as you could remember, you have never lied to him.

For the rest of the visit hours, you and UKISS talked and got to know each other better. Soon, it was time to leave.

"Bye, ______-ah!" said UKISS. Before AJ left, he said, "I'll visit again when I can, ______-ah!"

You nodded. "Ok. Bye, oppas!" When you were sure they were gone, you grabbed your favorite stuffed animal, which was a white stuffed bunny. You hugged it tightly. Though you knew it wouldn't talk back, you said in English, "Cream, I don't wanna die. I don't wanna keep lying to Jaeseop-oppa, Umma, or Appa. It hurts my heart worse than the process it's taking to stop." You didn't notice when a certain oppa walked in.....

~WITH UKISS~

The UKISS members were almost out of the hospital when Dongho noticed he was missing something. "Hyungs, I left my wallet in _______-ah's room."

"I'll get it for you, Dongho." said Kevin. He walked back to your room and entered.

He heard you when you said, "Cream, I don't wanna die. I don't wanna keep lying to Jaeseop-oppa, Umma, or Appa. It hurts my heart worse than the process it's taking to stop." 

*What? Didn't AJ-hyung say she was getting better? And, didn't she say she may be out of this hospital in about a year?* He wanted to know what was going on. He then cleared his throat.

You immediantly looked up, slightly shocked. You, not knowing he heard you, smiled. "Kevin-oppa, what's up?"

"______-ah, you're not really getting better.... are you?" he said.

Pretending to not know, you said, "What are you talking about, Kevin-oppa?"

"Stop it, ______-ah. Tell me the truth. I heard what you just said." he said.

Your eyes widened and you looked down at your rabbit, Cream. "Please don't tell my family this, Kevin-oppa. I'm not getting better on the inside. My heart, it's slowly stopping. It's a gradual process and it's oddly not effected if I run. Something in my blood system is practically eating at my heart. There's nothing to stop it. I was supposed to die when I was 6 or 7." You looked back up at Kevin with tears in your eyes. "Please don't tell Jaeseop-oppa. I don't want to see him like he was 10 years ago. When ever he visited me, he was always crying. He was falling behind in school. He barely ate. I don't want to see him like that again. This battle I can't win and I don't want my last memories to be of my family in pain. I don't want them dreading the day as it passes and have them risking their own lives for me."

Kevin grabbed Dongho's wallet from your nightstand and shook his head. "I can't promise anything right now. Let me think about it first, ok ______-ah?"

You nodded and looked back at Cream again. "All right. I can't control your desision. Honestly, I'm kind of scared to leave oppa alone. I don't know what he will do. Kevin-oppa, when I do die, please keep him from making the wrong choises. And don't let him quit his career just because he's depressed."

Kevin sighed. "I'll try to. How do you expect for me to do all of this, anyway?"

"I don't know. You aren't the only one who knows, either. Ace-oppa and Ryan-oppa both know. You may want to catch up with the others before they get worried. Good night, Kevin-oppa." You laid down and, when Kevin left, cried yourself to sleep. *Jaeseop-oppa, I hope you will forgive me. I love you, even through this big lie I'm telling you...*