A Visit from Ace and Ryan

When Everything Seems All Right

(A/N: please note that I do not know much about PARAN. Please forgive me if I get any of their personalities wrong. ^^)

 

~Your POV~

You sat in your hostpital room, reading a book. You, however, couldn't concentrate as there were a lot of thoughts running in your mind. You could feel that your time on Earth was going to end soon. You just didn't know how much time was left. You were supposed to have died years ago, but when you wanted something, you faught for it. This battle, however, you knew you would end up losing.

Your nurse, Lee DaYoung, walked in. She gave you your medication. Just before she left, she told you, "Oh, _____-ah, there's a Choi SungWook and a Joo JongHyuk here to see you." She smiled as she left.

As soon as you heard those two names, you looked up from your book with a smile. Once the two men came in, you exclaimed, "Hi, Ryan-oppa and Ace-oppa! What are you two doing here? Where are the other oppas?"

Ace and Ryan smiled at you. You were like their younger sister to them. Ace replied, "The others were busy today. As for what brings us here...." Ryan then took a small box wrapped in paper out from behind his back. "Happy late birthday, _____-ah!" they both said.

This caused you to smile even more. "Thank you, oppas!" you said as you took the present. You tore the paper apart, not caring much for the decoration. You then opened the box. This was inside the box:

You immediantly got out of the hospital bed and gave Ryan and Ace a hug each. "Thank you, oppas. It's so beautiful!" You then put the necklace on.

"You're welcome, _____-ah." they both said.

The three of you talked for a while. A just before they had to go, Ryan asked you, "When will you tell AJ?"

Your smile dropped. "I can't bring myself to tell him. I haven't even told my parents. I also asked the doctors to not tell my parents."

"Why did you do that?" asked Ace.

"I don't want my last memories to be of them crying. I want my last memories to be of them smiling. I know it's selfish of me, but I can't help it." you looked down at your hands. Your heart felt heavy as you thought about this huge lie you have been telling to your parents. "Oppas, please don't tell them..."

It was quiet for a few minutes. You looked up at the two guys in front of you. Finally, Ace sighed, "All right, ____-ah. I won't."

You looked to Ryan. He just nodded and said, "I won't tell them, no matter how much I want to. I just hope AJ will forgive us."

You stood up, bowed to them and said, "Thank you so much, oppas!" When you stood up, you went back to your bed from the chair you were sitting in.

Ryan then ruffled your hair. "See you later, _______-ah. We gotta go now."

"Yah~! Oppa, don't mess up my hair!" you said with a pout.

Ace chuckled and said, "Bye, _____-ah."

"Bye, Ace-oppa!" you said with a smile.

"Hey, why does Ace get a bye but I don't?" said Ryan.

"Sorry, oppa! See you later, Ryan-oppa!" you said, still smiling. Both of them then left. You sighed and picked up your book. There wouldn't be any more visitors, as it was very late. You hoped that your older brother would visit you tomorrow.

~Narrator's POV~

As Ryan and Ace left the hospital, Ace sighed. "How can she keep smiling like that when she's so close to death?"

Ryan shook his head. "I don't know, Ace. May be she doesn't want us to worry too much. It's going to be hard to keep this from AJ. How does ______-ah expect us to do that? How can she keep that from her parents? Well, I'll see you later, Ace."

"Bye, hyung." said Ace as they went their separate ways.

*I just hope she knows what she's doing...* thought Ace and Ryan as they went to their own homes.

 

~At UKISS' Practice Room~

UKISS had just finished their practice. AJ looked at the time and slapped his forehead. "Omo! It's too late..."

"Too late for what, hyung?" asked Kevin.

"I can't visit _____-ah." replied AJ. Kevin nodded in understanding.

"When can meet meet your sister, AJ?" asked Soohyun.

"Do we all have a day off tomorrow?" AJ asked their manager.

Their manager nodded, "Yes, actually."

"Hyung, can we all go visit _____-ah tomorrow?" asked Dongho with a smile. Their manager nodded again in response. Soon, UKISS went home to sleep.