Here Comes Goodbye

Here Comes Goodbye

 

…to the start of things.

 

  

The high school days weren’t long from the future, a lean boy who was just trying to rest his eyes before a lesson starts; was looking at the most popular girl in school. He hid behind his books to watch the girl talk. A small pink blush from his cheeks were making him feel warm, he turn away once she turned towards his direction. It was getting to him. He wanted to confess his feelings to her. The way she laughs, the way she twirls her hair, the way her lips shine in the light, it made him more tempting to confess. “I will get her attention no matter what happens.”

“Who attention?” A girl’s voice asked the courageous Jin. He turn to see a girl who was standing right there, listened to every word he had said. “Jin don’t tell me you like someone… this is a new beginning for you! I am so proud of you.”

“Yui you got it all wrong.” He stood up going to the hallway with the girl following him.

“You seem to be lying to me Jin. I don’t like liars, now tell me who it is.” Yui Hoshimoto kept bugging him to death just to find out who he loves. She’ll do anything to get details from her childhood friend. “Jin please tell me!”

“Tell her what?!” Two other guys have come into the discussion, now Jin had to deal with these 3. The playful Kazuya went up to Jin directly, “you like someone don’t you?! Yui! This is new for him!” Kazuya and Yui gave each other high fives, showing that they were proud of Jin.

“So Jin,” the calm Yamapi asked. “Who is this girl that is making Kazuya and Yui jump for joy?” Jin had no choice, his friends wanted to know so badly. He called in a huddle and all 4 of them were crowded together.

“I’ll tell you guys at lunch. We meet at the rooftop okay?” everyone agreed. They all head towards their classes and continue with their studies, waiting for lunch time to approach. Jin however didn’t want lunch to come, he didn’t want to tell his friends who he liked. What is Kazuya and Yamapi got the same crush on her as well? Will that ruin their friendship? Jin lay his head on the desk and went into a peaceful sleep; dreaming about him and the girl in their perfect date.

“Oh Jin, I’m having a wonderful time in our date. You know how to make the perfect sandwich for me.” The girl held the sandwich to and took a bite out of it. She was satisfied with the taste. “You are too cute!”

“even if I am cute, you are too beautiful.” Jin took the girl’s chin, letting it come closer to his lips.

She pulled away, “I don’t think we should do this Jin. It’s too embarrassing to the world…” She was cut off when she saw Jin’s face close to hers.

“If you are embarrassed, then let me protect you.”

“Oh Jin…Jin…”

“Jin! Jin!” Yui shook her friend to wake up from his dream. His classmates watch as Yui tries to attempt on waking up his best friend. She shouted at his ear, that didn’t work. She tried to shake her friend by grabbing his shoulders and getting him to wake up. Nothing was working so far… Soon Yui got an idea, she lift up her hand and slap him.

“OW!” Jin exclaimed as he felt his aching cheek. “What was that for Yui? It made a huge mark on my face!”

“If you look around now, it’s time for lunch, so that means class was over a long time ago and you have to tell us, now come on!” she took the hand of Jin’s and drag him to the rooftop where the other 2 are waiting. Jin saw his friends standing there, waiting for their answer. “Jin spill it out.”

“Okay fine, you know the most popular girl in our school right?”

“Mia? Yeah what about her? Don’t tell me you like her? Oh my gosh Jin, she’s like one of the hottest girls here! I’m so proud of you.” the two boys congratulates him, but Yui stood still. The popular girl that Jin likes…is her worst enemy. “Yui? What’s wrong? Aren’t you going to support Jin?”

“Um… Jin? Can I say something?”

“Sure,” Jin answered.

“Don’t fall in love with a girl like her.” Jin was dumbfounded, why is the girl that was so happy for Jin liking someone is now not letting him fall in love? “Jin if you really like her, try to find someone else.”

“Why should I?”

“Well if you don’t want to be humiliated in front of everyone, I suggest you shouldn’t like her. I know things Jin---”

Jin said, “well you sure don’t know how to trust me. I know who I should love and you shouldn’t stop me. I like this girl and I will confess to her no matter what. So don’t try to stop me Yui.” Jin walked away from the 3 friends, going to look around for Mia. Yui now felt guilty.

“Yui why is that you don’t want Jin to like Mia?”

“I know the girl will play with his heart just to get revenge from me. After for what I did to her boyfriend, she thinks that I’m stealing him away, even though he is my cousin. So now she is trying to get me. If Jin tries to confess to her, she might try to use him.”

Yamapi said, “you have to trust Jin. This is his life, if he wants to be with her then so be it. Let’s just hope he makes the right choice.”

At the hallways, Jin tried to look for Mia. When he look at his side, he found her sitting by himself. It was a perfect time to confess. “Mia?” He got her attention, so he bowed down. “I like you, please be my girlfriend.” Mia look down at the boy, it was silent but she gave a warm smile.

“You’re sweet to ask me that. Sure I can be your girlfriend.”

Yamapi ran to Yui at free time, “Yamapi? What’s wrong?”

“she accepted him. Mia is Jin’s girlfriend now.”

After school, Yui was just cleaning up her classroom to finish her chores of the day. She was the last one in here, so she got her stuff and was ready to leave. “Are you serious that you accepted that boy?” she heard voices, it was one of Mia’s friend.

“Of course I did.” she recognized Mia’s voice anywhere.

“It will ruin your reputation. Are you sure you can go for this? He is that girl’s friend.”

Mia scoffed, “that’s why I’m going out with him. You know my birthday is tomorrow and I’m having a party at my place, I’ll just humiliate him in front of everyone. It’s a perfect plan for me to use him to get revenge against Yui.” So it is true, Mia is just using Jin. But this time, it’s going to get worst. Yui started sneaking out and running towards Jin’s place.