Congratulations to the Happy Couple

Surviving Paradise

Disclaimer: I do not own the characters and they are property of YGE or make a profit by writing this story.

A/N: Another story by me! I hope that you all enjoy it as much as you did Lost Sanity.

It’s funny how life can be so cruel. How a happy moment like the engagement of two close friends could make others stop thinking about their friends and all of a sudden start thinking about them. When you see your friends moving on with their lives, going about stepping stones, making future plans, and being successful all the things you have done in your own life comes into question. It becomes less, “Yay! They are finally getting married.” And more “Holy crap, what have I done with my life?” It’s moments like this that make you make split decisions and force your way forward with your life. No doubt you are happy for your friends but it’s only for a few minutes and then the world revolves back around to you. It is human nature, you can’t help it and even if you put idols on a higher pedestal because you believe they should act better… they are humans too and they wonder about their own lives no matter how successful they already are.

Kwon Ji-Yong, Lee Chaerin, and Lee Seunghyun were no different. They may have been rich on their own with money to walk into a store without worrying about a price, they may have had lots of friends and power at YGE, and they even had the rare opportunity to be able to work and do something that they loved but one thing had eluded them all. Love… love had slipped from the grips of these three artists and as they watched their close friends Choi Dong-wook (Se7en as most would know him as) and his long time girlfriend (fiancée in this case) Park Han-byul kiss and announce that they were finally engaged the three thought about their own lives and how truly empty they were. They put on smiling faces as they hugged and congratulated the couple but inside there was indeed envy.

Let us begin with Lee Chaerin, the only woman out of these three subjects. Lee Chaerin was nearing her mid twenties now and still had not had a boyfriend. She says it’s because she wants to focus on her music and not stress about her relationship but in reality it was all excuses. Chaerin had lots of money, lots of clothes and style, and she had a body girls would kill for but like every other girl even with how confident she comes out she is indeed just like every other girl. She is insecure about her looks and how she acts. She is even afraid that she would intimidate boys away from her because of the style and attitude she depicts. Love eludes her because she is afraid to love and afraid that something would happen to her career… a career she had tried very hard and long to achieve. She smiled at Dong-wook and hugs him tightly, her eyes doing that aegyo eye smile that people rarely see from her, “I am so happy for you oppa. I know that you and Han-byul will have lots of beautiful children.” Chaerin knew how to smile and look pretty and don’t give anything away; maybe she could have been an actress like Han-byul. Se7en gave her a tight squeeze back and thanked her but as he walked away Chaerin sighed as she thought to herself. She thought long and hard, I want what they have. Why couldn’t I have been more outgoing with relationships even if it had to be a secret? Maybe if I had… I would’ve been married by now too. She thought and looked across the room to a man she admired and was often compared to.

Kwon Ji-Yong, he had a lot and was talked about a lot for usually good things but every once in awhile he is victim to bad talk. He had what people would call a prince syndrome. That is why love eluded him as well. Sometimes even as a joke without realizing he would act as if he was God’s gift to women. He had a habit of back hugging girls and whispering things in their ears such as “Tell all your friends you were hugged by me.” He would even forget that as a man he should go and chase women but no, he expected them to come to him; that the world and all its women were his oyster. If a woman wanted him they will come to him and he will say “Yes” or “No”. What he never realized that he was missing out on some of the greatest experiences a person could have; he never learned that it was the thrill of the chase is what some guys even strive for. Ji-Yong had a big grin on his face as he hugged his hyung’s fiancée and kissed her on the cheek, “Se7en hyung is so lucky to have such a nice and caring woman such as you. Take good care of him like he has taken care of Youngbae and me.” He watched her face light up and laugh as she looked at him and smack his arm, she told him that she would always take care of him and walked away to greet and thank the other members of the YG family. I don’t need to settle down yet… do I? Kids are cute but do I want one right now? My career is really solid… I have enough money to support one but is it time yet? Am I grown up enough yet? And even if I am ready and it was time who would it be with? I-I’m not ready to end my relationship with girls yet… or am I? Ji-Yong thought to himself without realizing that Chaerin was looking at him from across the room, he looked out into nothingness as he was thinking deep about his life.

Lee Seunghyun or Seungri as he was better known by to differ himself from the other Seunghyun, the Choi Seunghyun, stood at the back of the room and looked in at everyone who was talking merrily about the happy couple, sharing stories, and the like with one another and the couple themselves. Not many looked at the variety time star and idol romantically and it was hard because he was in a group with so many good looking guys. He felt very inadequate in comparison to his hyungs. He was in a way… naïve of his good looks, always thinking that he was on the bottom of the group especially being the youngest. That might’ve been his biggest hurdle. He feels because he is the youngest he has no shot with anyone… let alone the blonde girl he had a crush on, blondes his one weakness. They did not even have to be naturally blonde; he could love an artificial blonde too. Give him a microphone and he could sing in front of thousands of adoring fans but if you put him in a room with the girl of his dreams he was reduced to a shy, bumbling, incoherent mess. He didn’t have the confidence that his hyungs had. He wanted to go over and back hug a girl like Ji-Yong… or be charming and mysterious like the other member who shared his name TOP. Maybe he wanted to have the muscles and body as well as the confidence to show it off like Youngbae. But then again maybe he just wanted to be able to talk to a girl and make her laugh like Daesung. Love would never come to him if he continued to blame that he was the maknae and didn’t gain some sort of push forward. Can I be confident like Dong-wook hyung and at least ask out a girl? Can I eventually get where he is in life? He thought quietly and took a sip of his soda as he continued to drabble in mindless conversation with Tablo.

As each of these three members thought to themselves they had almost missed the announcement that President Yang had announced for the soon to be Choi family about a little gift for the two of them, “It took you long enough to ask her to tie the knot Dong-wook… but I applaud you for being able to stay together for so long and well… I had been saving this for you two. There is a little island off in the middle of the ocean that has the best beaches and the best weather for a wedding and honeymoon. I give this gift to you two. Plan away and you two can have the wedding there. Yes, all schedules will be cleared for the week of your wedding so that everyone can go and you have full access to the YG plane to fly there. It’s a five day trip but it’s worth it. I promise.” He smiled and there was cheer from all of the YG family. Everyone from Psy to Gummy to all of Big Bang and 2NE1 was cheering for the well deserved break that the President was bestowing on the company. With big grins they all went over to hug him tightly and most of all Dong-wook and Han-byul went over to him and thanked him over and over for the generous gift. But they didn’t have a clue on how hectic or well… disastrous this wedding would be on the island. Everyone was so naive to think that this gift was free, but especially for the three members it was especially devastating. While they were thinking that this would be their chance for love, they had no clue that it would instead be their possible downfall.