Is this real life?!

A Paranormal Guide To High School Popularity

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwXai-sgM-s pease enjoy~

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .


 

By the end of the school week, Nichkhun and Taecyeon were the most popular duo in the entire school. And by the end of the month, they were loved and respected by the whole student council as well as the parent-teacher organization.

   Was it me, or was everyone ing bat crazy?

   Like, earth to . . . earth! They. Are. Not. All. That. Period.

   It pissed me off, how loved and adored they were, but I kept my mouth shut for the most part, mostly because their massive pack of followers that would shadow them like minions of gloom and idiocy.

   I drove to school thirty minutes early, determined to get a parking space up front but by the time I got there, I went to turn into the parking lot and was met by a barricade.

   I blinked.

   The entire parking lot of the school had been turned into some kind of festival, or party, or something. I got out of the car and stepped inside the parking lot, pushing away stupid people trying to give me a wristband and animal balloons. My eyes scanned the parking lot filled with people, all students and teachers – is that a medieval fighting ring? – and then snorted when I finally found a stand in the middle of the parking lot with a huge throne on it.

   Nichkhun sat on the throne, watching the festival with a happy and amused expression. He wore a crown of gold, no doubt fake . . . I think. When he noticed me standing in the crowd he held up his hand and silenced the entire parking lot. “Ahh Wooyoung-ssi . . . my chubby cheeked locker neighbor~” Nichkhun called out to me and then stood up, everyone bowed. What the ? “Welcome to the kingdom of the wolf– Please, have a seat with me~” He gestured to the smaller throne sitting to his left and then I finally noticed that Taecyeon was sitting at his right, also in a throne and wearing a crown, but he was looking completely bored.

   I took a few hesitant steps towards the set of thrones and then blinked when a crown was suddenly put on my head and I was pushed into the velvet cushiony seat. “Yah, get the off me~” I shook off the two douches that were pushing me around and then glared up at Nichkhun. “I dunno what you did to the entire school, but it’s ing dumb.” How could he do this? Who in their right mind would let a student have that much power?!

   Nichkhun smiled, kindly. “I replaced Monday . . . it will now be Funday~”

   I blinked.

   “. . . Whatever, I’m going to class!” I got up and threw that stupid crown on the floor, man it was a lot heavier than ordinary plastic crowns, and it made a loud clanking sound that caused everyone to halt their ‘fun activities’ and stare at me.

   “You mean . . . you want to go to class?” Nichkhun asked.

   I snorted. “Of course I don’t want  to go to class . . . but replacing every Monday in the school year with nonsense will only prolong our graduation . . . Like, duh.” I walked towards the school and stopped when I heard Nichkhun’s loud call through the crowd yet again.

   “Everyoneee~” He announced. “To class!”

   The crowd of students and teachers roared and cheered and my eye twitched as I stormed through the door of the school, making my way to my first English class and sitting in the empty room, waiting for it to fill up and ing start.

   And then school resumed as if nothing happened at all.

 

I stood in line in the lunch hall the next day – one thing Nichkhun did that was great for this school was make the cafeteria food ing awesome. As I reached out to grab the last oreo cheesecake from the counter a large hand snatched it away. I turned to glare at whoever it was and then opened my mouth, my words catching in the back of my throat when I noticed it was that big dude who was standing in front of my locker a couple weeks ago, the one who punched me in the face.

   He eyed me and then I started to slither away, not wanting a confrontation again. “Hey,” He stopped me and then oddly enough, set the cheesecake on my lunch tray. “I’m sorry, I didn’t know you were reaching for that . . . Annyeong~” He smiled and then walked away.

   What . . . the ?

   He actually gave me the cheesecake and then smiled after apologizing for being a ??

   IS THIS REAL LIFE?!?!

   Come to mention it, I hadn’t gotten pummeled, shoved in a locker, smashed with food or my homework flushed down the toilet since . . . I shook my head and wrinkled my nose. No way. I forced myself not to believe that Nichkhun had anything to do with me getting bullied at all. There’s no way it could possibly happen.

   In a daze, I paid for my food and found the only empty table in the cafeteria.

   The second I sat down, someone else sat a tray next to mine and then a body plopped in the seat next to me. I growled, turning the stool to see who it was. Oh, it was Nichkhun. “What do you want?”

   The senior looked at me and then with a clear, blunt tone, asked. “Do you want to go out with me?”

   I raised an eyebrow. “What makes you think I’m into guys?”

   “Well you could just say ‘no’ . . . but I’d prefer if you were honest~” He said, biting into a slice of pizza that was on his tray.

   “Of course.”

   His face lit up and then he smiled like a kid. “Really?”

   “No, I’m lying . . . I don’t want to go out with you.” I turned away and went to finish my food.

   “Why not?!” He asked, slightly annoyed. I’d never seen him aggravated before, so this was new . . . and amusing.

   I stared at him, slightly in shock that he was actually asking me out, but also too irritated by him being next to me to really care. “Because, you’re a pretty boy douche bag . . . and I don’t want to go out with you.”

   “That’s the second time you’ve called me a ‘pretty boy’, three strikes and you’re out~” He chuckled a little.

   “You’re a pretty boy.” I narrowed my eyes.

   “You’re insufferable.” He retorted.

   “At least I don’t up to everyone and get everyone to like me just so I can use them for my own benefits, and then disguise it by acting ‘popular’.” I growled, my annoyance level reaching its max.

   “You would be popular too if you went out with me~”

   “ your popularity.” I stood up and snatched my tray off the table. “I think it’s stupid and I think you’re stupid and the fact that everyone loves you makes me hate your popularity even more! The day I go out with you, is the day I stop bleaching my hair!” I yelled, ignoring everyone staring at me.

   Nichkhun raised an eyebrow and looked at me questionably. “You have bleached hair?”

   “What are you, blind?!” I pulled at my hair. “This is bleached blonde . . . did you actually think it was naturally this beautiful and golden?”

   “But you’re a brunette.” He said casually.

   “And you’re stupid!” I stomped out of the cafeteria to go eat lunch in the hall. But not before I caught a sight of my reflection in one of the windows if the school.

   My hair. My beautiful, perfect, blonde locks of beauty and joy . . . they were jet black.

   I screamed and dropped my tray of food, pulling at my hair in panic and then turning to Nichkhun. “What did you do?!” I yelled across the lunch room.

   His lips curved into a sly smirk and he shook his head. “I didn’t do anything.” He looked around at all his followers. “Did any of you see me do something to his hair?”

   Everyone shook their heads, standing up for their ‘Thai Prince’.

   Betrayal.

   I didn’t see him do it, but I knew he did it. I knew Nichkhun took away my beautiful hair. He would pay for this, and I don’t just mean for the new bleaching kit.

 

“Wooyoung~ MOM SAID THAT IF YOU DON’T GET YOUR DOWN HERE IN THIRTY SECONDS, YOU WON’T GET TO EAT DINNER!” My sister hollored from the bottom of the stairs and I groaned, lifting my head up from the bathroom sink and pulling a towel up to dry my hair off.

   I stared at the jet black wisps of hair on my head and wanted to cry. I had just bleached my hair again (I had been trying every night for the last three days), the last one sitting in my hair for almost an hour. And the color refused to fade even the slightest bit.

   With tears threatening to pool up around the corners of my eyes, I slumped my way down to dinner and sighed as my mom set a bowl of weird looking in front of me. She was a horrible cook.

   “Son, you principle called . . . he said you quit the football team and that your grades aren’t the best.” My father spoke to me for the first time in over a week.

   I looked at him and bowed. “Mianhae, sir. I quit the football team because I’m no good at it, and all the other team members would hate me for making their team weaker. I don’t want to be the weakest link, so I resigned and started focusing on studies that I’m actually good at.”

   “NO GOOD!” My father slammed his fists on the table and I blinked. A little dramatic, much? “You will join the football team again, and if you’re bad at it, you will work hard and force yourself to become the greatest!”

   “I don’t know if you realized this, but . . . I’m not exactly the biggest dude around, dad.” I mumbled.

   “NO EXCUSE!” My father yelled again. “Eat more food that your mother makes instead of throwing half of it away; work out for two hours every day after school. You will get a football scholarship!”

   “But I don’t even like foot–” I noticed the look of my father’s face and mumbled the last part. “ball . . .”

   “You don’t like football?!” His face turned red and he looked like he was having a heart attack. “YOU ARE NO SON OF MINE!!”

   Really? Because I don’t like football? Really dude? I blinked at him and then excused myself from the table.

   “Take the dog for a walk~” My mom said as I left the room.

   With a sigh, I grabbed the dog leash and called out to Duke, our family dog. He came trotting up happily and then dipped his head down, letting me put the leash on him. “Good boy~” I mumbled, ruffling his ears and then sighing at him. “Sometimes I think you’re the only one who really gets me.” I stood up and then grabbed my hoodie, heading outside.

   We walked, just the two of us, for a while. I didn’t really want to go back home, so I jogged up to the park. Duke loved it, running alongside me with his tongue hanging out. I looked up at the starry night sky and blinked at how big the moon was, I think the full moon was tonight, I dunno . . . I never paid attention to stuff like that.

   I let Duke off his leash and found a stick, throwing it across the field and smiling when he took off after it.

   Duke barked from across the park and I rolled my eyes, he was wagging his tail and barking at something in the woods next to the park. “What the hell, Duke?” I started walking over to where he was and then blinked when he yelped and then seemed to be dragged into the woods by . . . something.

   “Duke!” I ran after him but by the time I got to the edge of the woods where he was, I couldn’t see anything. “Duke?!” I looked around in panic. “Here boy? Come here, Duke!!” I stepped into the woods a little hesitantly, slowly, my heart beating rapidly. “Duke, where’d you go, boy?”

   I heard another yelp and a whine and I knew it was Duke, he was in pain. “Duke!!” I strained my eyes, trying to see through the darkness, my eyes watering as I roamed around through the trees.

   A branch snapped behind me and I turned around just in time to see something giant running out from the cover of the woods. It was big, and covered in thick black ripples of fur – it looked like a giant wolf. My eyes widened at the thick bunch of fur in its mouth and I couldn’t deny that I recognized the brown leather collar.

   The giant wolf monster thing ran off, across the park . . . with Duke.

   For some stupid reason, I tried running after it. Screaming and fighting off the tears as I watched it disappear into another part of the woods across the field of the park. “Dukeeee!!” I yelled and then fell to my knees, hanging my head at my failure to rescue my best bud.

   It was then that I noticed the paw prints I was following. They were huge, bigger than my whole head. I wasn’t like, your expert animal guy, but . . . I was sure that wolves didn’t get that big. And they especially didn’t live here in Busan.

   When I got home, I walked into the living room with a ghostly stare, walking past everyone watching TV and sitting on the couch, Duke’s empty leash still clutched in my hand.

   “What happened?!” My mom was the first to notice me and then stared in horror when she saw the grass stains on my clothes. “Where’s the dog?” She asked, panicked.

   I looked at her and then frowned, looking down. “He’s . . . There was this . . .” How did I explain without sounding crazy? “This thing took him . . . and he’s gone.”

   “What are you talking about, son?” My dad paused the tv and looked at me.

   “There was this creature thing at the park . . . I ran after them and chased him into the woods, but it killed Duke and ran off . . . I think it ate him.” I frowned more, feeling my eyes water all over again.

   “You’re not making sense, what creature thing?” My mom questioned.

   “It was a wolf . . . a giant wolf.”

   They all looked at me like I was insane. My sister was the first to talk. “Well that sounds stupid . . . if you’re going to lose the dog, Woo, you could at least fess up and not lie about it!”

   I knew they wouldn’t believe me . . . I wouldn’t have believed me and I still wasn’t sure if I believed me.

  

The next day, I walked into school, drowsy from my lack of sleep. Everything was different. The pictures of Nichkhun that had be placed along the halls and ‘Khun quotes’ banisters that were hanging everywhere had been taken down, and everyone was walking around like any ordinary day. I raised an eyebrow but shrugged.

   Maybe everyone just came to their senses and realized how much of a douche the guy is. I smiled at the thought and made my way to my locker.

   On the way there, I noticed a small circle of people in the halls, it looked like a fight as breaking out. I crept around it, stopping when I heard Nichkhun’s voice from inside the fight circle. I ran up and wiggled my way to the front, blinking at the sight.

   Nichkhun was being pushed around by three of the guys on the football team. They tossed him from side to side like he was a salad. What the . . . One of the jocks punched Nichkhun in the face and the medium blonde went down, knocked flat on the floor and holding his own nose as a trickle of blood ran down to his lips.

   “Yah!” I stepped in and pushed them off him, not knowing why. “What the hell . . . yesterday he was your hero and savior and now you’re beating his ?” I glared at everyone. “You’re all fake and pathetic!” I yelled and then received a bunch of odd looks.

   “What are you talking about?” Someone said.

   “He must be crazy, we’d never follow a dork like Nichkhun~” Another voice murmured.

   I raised my eyebrow and spun around, realizing that everyone here was . . . bullying Nichkhun. This was a mind that was too much for my mind. “Just . . . go away, before the principle gets here and we all get detention.” I warned and the crowd slowly dispersed.

   When there was no one else around, I looked down at the grown. Nichkhun looked up at me and then looked away, shamefully. “Yah!” I yelled at him. “What the hell happened to you Mr. Everybody-Loves-Me?” I reached my hand out to help him up.

   Nichkhun grabbed my hand and pulled himself back into a standing position, holding his nose still. “I didn’t want to be popular anymore.”

   This must be crazy. “You can’t just choose to be popular, you either are or you aren’t.” I handed him a napkin for his nose. Why was I helping him? He was still annoying and stupid . . . only, seeing him like this was . . . rather pathetic. “Where’s Taecyeon at? Isn’t he like, your bodyguard or something?”

   Nichkhun looked down and shook his head. “He’s not here today . . . he had stuff to do.” We had started walking towards our lockers. “Hey, I’m sorry about your hair, by the way.”

   So it was him. I narrowed my eyes. “How’d you do it?” I asked, reaching up and touching some of my hair.

   “I can’t tell you,” He sighed, opening his locker door and grabbing a few books. “But I can tell you that it’ll wear off . . . in a few weeks.”

   I winced at the thought of being brunette for weeks and then sighed, nodding. “If it doesn’t, I’m killing you.” Why was I being nice to him? Things were weird today. Just . . . weird. “Hey . . . sorry I yelled at you the other day. I just, kinda hate you . . . but you’re really not that bad.”

   Did I just say that?! I blinked, waiting for him to get angry at me, but he didn’t.

   Nichkhun nodded. “It’s okay. I’d still like to take you out, though . . . so the offer still stands, whenever you’re ready. I’ll make you not hate me, one day . . .” He closed his locker and then walked away.

 

I was driving home from taking my sister to her friend’s house that night. I still felt a little weird about being out at night, but . . . my sister blackmailed me with telling my dad about my fascination with kpop if I didn’t give her a lift because she didn’t have the gas money. Stupid . I gripped the steering wheel, sighing as I drove down the highway.

   The moon was still freakishly huge and creeping me out hardcore as the heavy warm breeze of the early autumn air blew through my windows as I sped home, trying to get there as fast as I could. I was the only car on the road, which also scared me, as far as I could see.

   I decided to listen to some music just to ease my mind. Bobbing my head along to the radio, I relaxed a little bit, speeding up just around the bend in the highway and then gasping, hitting my brakes and swerving out of the way of the giant black mound running across the highway.

   I hit the back part of the pitch black thing and then the front left side of my car flipped up and the next thing I know, I was airborne, tumbling down the side of the highway into the ditch. My car rolled several times and stopped from the impact of slamming into the line of trees, marking the edge of the woods and taking a few down with me.

  All while this happened, my body was jerking around the cage of the car – since I totally decided not to wear a seatbelt – and when the car finally did stop, I was barely conscious.

   Silence.

   I lifted my head up and looked around the smashed wreckage, wincing when I realized that I was bleeding, my whole body embedded with tiny chunks of glass from all the windows smashing. Everything hurt as I squirmed around and reached out to try and open the door. That’s when I realized that the whole car was upside down and my convertible top was crushed in.

   It took me a while, but I dragged myself out of the car and collapsed on the ground. I was bleeding a lot more than I thought. I looked down and screamed, wincing when the action caused my stomach to tighten around the large bloody tree branch sticking out of my stomach. I reached to move it and winced as my grip tightened around it, positive that my hand was broken, I let go and just gasped in pain. I screamed for help and my voice call was cut short by the pain catching my words and devouring them into darkness. Nothingness.

   That’s when I heard the sounds of footsteps and sighed in relief. Help coming. I looked around, realizing that my vision was starting to fail me, even though it was dark already. “Hello?” I asked as loud as I could. “Please . . . help me.”

   I blinked a few times, looking straight up and wanting to scream when I saw a giant wolf with black fur walking up to the crash site. The wolf crept its way up to me, sniffling around my body and looking at me in the eyes, familiar eyes. I stared at the wolf and then jumped when I saw a flash of something behind it, like a figure walking. Panic started spreading through me, as I was sure I was going to die. This was going to be my last moment alive.

   I was doing to die.

   And this thing was going to kill me.

   Everything went black, just like the wolf.

 


to be cont.

 

oh and just to let you all know, here's the Woo/Taec/Khun that I imagine for this fic~