Jedi Mind Tricks

A Paranormal Guide To High School Popularity

plz forgive any typos...I've been a mess all day BUT I PROMISED TO RELEASE THIS FIC TODAY AND HERE IT IS~ sorry it's a few hours later than I expected

 . . . . . . .

 

I ran through the woods, faster than anything, faster than light – and then jumped up suddenly, flying in the air over the trees. ‘Awww, this is so awesome!!’ I thought as I looked down and then suddenly realized that I was way too high in the air. My flying stopped and my eyes widened, that bitter moment of realizing that I was doomed to fall spreading through me faster than I could ever think possible.

   I started plummeting towards the ground, the wind pushing my hair back and ruffling my clothes. My cheeks flapped in the wind as I stared at my death, too afraid to make a sound, and then . . .

   BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP! My alarm clock woke me and my hand flew out from under the blankets, smacking the damned clock until it was quiet.

   Seven A.M. and still too early in the school year to be used to my alarm, and way too early to be awake – in my opinion. I sat up and yawned, hitting myself in the face with a serious case of bad morning breath that woke my right up.

   “WOOYOUNG!!! Mom said to wake up before you miss school!!!” My sister yelled through my bedroom door and then all I could hear were her footsteps retreating down the hall.

   . My. Life.

   After a shower, ion, washing my hair twice, and shaving the three hairs I could manage to grow since the end of summer vacation, I pulled on some jeans and a shirt before pulling a L.A. Laker’s hat on my bleach blonde hair.

   ‘Damn, I look good~’ I smirked to myself and grabbed my backpack. The second I opened my door I tried to close it again, my sister pushed it back open with one hand and pulled the perfectly round cherry er out of with a ‘pop’. Who the hell eats candy in the morning?

   “Mom said that if you don’t eat breakfast right now, you’re going to school without lunch~” She said with an attitude – but why? – and then turned around, trotting back downstairs.

   Ever since she graduated high school and started college, she’s been a ing snobby . It’s like, she can just treat me however she likes just because she’s two years older than me. Well, that and her grades have always been perfect, whereas mine are . . . poor. And she got a job at fifteen and I’m . . . seventeen and jobless. And my sister kisses up to our parents just so she can get away with murder behind their backs and I . . . kiss up to them and get away with nothing. Life is so unfair.

   When I got to the kitchen table, my mom slapped a bowl of something weird down in front of me. “Took you long enough, maybe I should start waking you up at six instead of seven~”

   My eyes widened. “Eomani aniyo! Hajimaaaa~” I pouted at her like I used to when I was a little kid.

   “Aish, hush!” She rolled her eyes. “You whine like a girl. Hurry and eat before you miss the bus.”

   “Eomani,” I mumbled as I spooned a bunch of the weird gunk into my mouth and almost choked. “If I had a car, I wouldn’t have to catch the bus . . . and then I could even do the grocery shopping for you and run errands . . . and stuff~” I kept mumbling, pretending to eat the disgusting porridge crap stuff.

   “And if you had a job you could buy a car, funny how that works out, isn’t it?” She said unfazed by my pouting.

   “Ughh, whatever.” I got up from the table, grabbing my backpack and heading towards the door. Might as well stand outside as I wait for the big yellow bus that all the uncool kids rode on. It wasn’t until I was on the bus that I realized that I left my lunch. Looks like it was crappy cafeteria food for me today.

   School was live and bustling when we got there.

   I walked through the crowd of students to get to my locker. When I got there, a big dude was standing in the way. “Hey, dude . . . this is my locker.” I said nicely.

   The guy didn’t move. ‘What the hell is his problem?’ With an impatient sigh, I tapped him on the shoulder. “I said this is my locker . . . I need to get in there.”

   Whoever it was stood up straight and turned around, towering over me in a way that made me want to piss my pants. The guy narrowed his dark eyes at me and then stepped closer. “I don’t see your name on it.”

   “But . . . it’s right there.” I dared to utter, pointing to the label on the front of my locker door.

   “You being a smart ? I don’t read good, okay?!” The guy growled. “So just back the off!”

   “Well~” I blurted out. “It’s not ‘read good’ it’s ‘read well’ . . . You don’t read well.”

   He stared at me. I stared back at him, only flinching a little when I saw his fist rise up. My eyes crossed as I followed the giant fist all the way to where it made contact with my face.

   And that, my friends, is normal school morning on a normally sad day in the life of me, Jang Wooyoung. This is my story, but I think of it more like a guide. A paranormal guide to high school popularity.

 

The weekend passed in a slow rush – if that’s even possible. While I was sitting in my room for forty-eight mind numbing consecutive hours, it felt like years. The time just refused to tick any faster than slowly, pissing me off to the point where I eventually gave in and just started jacking it . . . and didn’t stop. By the time my hand was red and all the skin on my . . . er . . .  boy parts was nice and chafed, I finally passed out – about two hours before my alarm clock went off on Monday morning.

   School, of course, was ty. Before lunch hour, I had been shoved in a locker, had my New York Yankees hat stolen right off my head, my lunch smashed into my chest by this really big dude that I did not wanna fight with, and my history paper crumbled up and flushed down the toilet. Like, really?! I thought being a freshmen was bad, sophomore was rather mild, but a junior . . . everyone hates juniors. Because they’re not quite seniors, but they’re not as bad as freshmen, and bullies are afraid of what they don’t understand . . . And they don’t  understand anything.

   By the time I got home, my clothes were a mess and I was sure I had bruises on parts of my body that I didn’t even want to talk about. But oddly, there was a strange car parked in my driveway.

   I walked up the steps to the front door and used my key to unlock it, stepping in the house. “Moooooooom?” I said as I dropped my backpack at the door and kicked my shoes off. “Eomani?” I tried using traditional talk and still got no answer. “. . . Mommy?”

   Strange. My mother had never been the kind of house mom that made awesome treats and was always smiling and happy to greet me home from school, but usually . . . I’d at least see her.

   I stepped upstairs quietly and the still silence kept itself all the way up to the hallway. “Mom?” I almost whispered, staring at my parents’ bedroom door, it was half open and I could hear something ruffling around in the bed. ‘She must be napping.’ I smiled and walked into the room to wake her up and give her a hug.

   What I found was not my mom taking a nap.

   She was there, but so was someone else, a man . . . a man who wasn’t my father.

   “Wooyoung!” My mother pulled the blankets around herself and I blinked, looking away with red ears. Shock grounded me to the floor. “Wooyoung, sweetie . . .” She got out of bed, making sure the blankets were wrapped securely around her slender figure and then stepped over to me. “Wooyoung, please . . . look at me.” Her voice was alarmed, but she was keeping up a good job at hiding it.

   I looked at her, ashamed, embarrassed, and pitiful all at the same time. My mother laid her hand on my cheek and then pulled me out of her room, closing the door behind us. “Eomani,” I finally whispered, my voice hoarse for no reason. “Why are you doing this?”

   She sighed and looked down. “You wouldn’t understand, Wooyoung.” I wasn’t mad, I wasn’t even sad. I saw the discomfort in her, all the time, when my father was around. I saw their marriage hit rock bottom years ago. “Woobear, please . . . please don’t tell your father.” She looked up at me as she begged. “Please.”

   She begged.

   An action I didn’t think was possible for her to do.

   I didn’t want to hide the secret from dad, but I didn’t want mom to have a hard life either. I frowned as I tried to talk myself into one of the choices.

   “I’ll give you my car.” Mom blurted out and I wrinkled my nose.

   “You think you can bribe me with – wait your car?!” My eyes widened. “My lips are sealed~” I made a motion as if I was zipping my lips and then trotted to my bedroom, doing a victory dance.

 

Driving to school was the coolest ing thing I’ve ever done. And it’s not like I was driving some beat up hand-me-down car. My mom’s car My car was brand new convertible mustang. Life is good. I smirked as I blasted my DBSK cd and tried not to unf while thinking of Yunho and all his iness.

   I pulled up in the school parking lot, passing up all the empty spots in the back and finding the last open spot near the front. A lot of the other kids around me stared at my totally awesome car and I smirked at some of the random gasps and various awes of approval.

   ‘That’s right es, I’m drivin’ the stang~’ I started to pull up to the parking spot and then slammed on the brakes as another car sped up and stole the empty space right in front of me.

   “What the ?!” I yelled and then everyone around me laughed. In total embarrassment, I went to park in the back of the parking lot, away from everyone and everything.

   Slowly making my way into school before the bell rang, I looked at the car that stole my parking spot and blinked at the two new guys that jumped out. The one behind the wheel grinned at me and I almost stumbled back in awe at the size of his teeth. ‘Holy ,’ I stared at the massive smile and then noticed how his canines seemed a bit sharper than most peoples’ – Ugh, whatever. I rolled my eyes and tried not to notice how incredibly buff he was, even for a senior. His dark hair was tied back in a couple of knots that made his prominent jaw stand out even more.

   The tall stranger his teeth like a creep and then his gaze passed me as he pressed a button to the remote on his keychain, locking his huge Jeep and grabbing his backpack from the open back of the car.

   The other guy was smaller, not tiny, but just . . . smaller – but that wasn’t hard considering the first guy was a freaking giant. The later was a bit slender, he wore baggy clothes, unlike his companion who was wearing a closely fitted tank top that made girls swoon as he passed. But this guy . . . he was different. His eyes were more round, a lighter brown color, but not as light as his dark blonde hair.

   He looked at me as the tall guy walked away, our eyes meeting for a long time before suddenly he smiled, and winked, disappearing inside the front doors of the school.

   . . . Creepy much?

   I blinked when the bell went off and then ran inside, making it to my first class just before the teacher walked in the room.

  

By the time the lunch bell rang, I was oh too ready to dash to my locker and grab the fried rice my mom made me. Another bribe to remind me to keep my mouth shut about the ‘incident’. Hell, if walking in on her and some random guy ing means she gets to kiss my and do motherly stuff for once, then hallelujah!

   I nearly ran to my locked and then rummaged around, putting my books inside and grabbing the lunch box before slamming the door shut and jumping in surprise at the guy leaning against the locker next to mine, staring at me with a twisted and creepy smirk.

   “Hello~” He said softly. I recognized him as the same guy from the parking lot, the one who winked like a weirdo.

   “Y-Yah!” I finally said once my heart had decided to settle back into my chest. “Why are you right there? Are you following me or something?”

   He shook his head and then laughed, so casually. “I just wanted to meet my locker neighbor,” He said before holding his hand out to me. “I’m Nichkhun, nice to meet you officially.”

   I stared at the outstretched hand and wondered what the hell he wanted me to do with it and then remembered that in western culture they shake hands instead of bowing. ‘Ew, this guy’s a foreigner . . . no wonder his Korean ~’ I shook his hand and felt weird, his skin was soft, almost like a girls.

   “Don’t you have a name . . . or were your parents unkind to you?” Nichkhun joked lightly when I didn’t say anything.

   “Uh . . . I’m Wooyoung.” I mumbled, staring at him in a short silence before remembering about my fried rice and turning to go to the cafeteria.

   “Hey, wait!” Nichkhun stopped me and then strode forward, catching up with my walk quickly. “Do you want to share a table with my friend and I?”

   I raised an eyebrow and then put two and two together when I walked in the cafeteria and saw a table off in the middle of the room with about twenty girls surrounding it. Sitting on top of the table was that big toothed jerk with from the parking lot, he smirked as girls huddled around the table, talking and all fighting for his attention.

   “You mean that who stole my parking spot this morning?” I snorted, staring at the guy across the lunch room. ‘He wasn’t that hot.’ My eye twitched as I lied to myself and then I looked away, thinking about his ears. His ears were freaking huge . . . yes. He looked like a clown. Not a model. Clown, good. Model, baaaad.

   “I’m sorry about that,” Nichkhun followed me. “My friend, he’s very . . . self absorbed.” He explained and then smiled lightly.

   “Yeah . . . I’m cool though, thanks.” I sat down at an empty table and started unpacking my lunch. “I’ll just eat here.”

   “Well then why don’t I sit with you, do you mind?” He sat down before I could even say ‘yes’. “So, Wooyoung . . . I didn’t see you in any senior classes, are you a junior?”

   I nodded, eyeing him with dark eyes. ‘If this tries to pick fights with me because I’m a junior, I’ll cut him.’

   “That’s cool,” I must not have heard him right because I could have sworn that Nichkhun just called me ‘cool’ for being a junior. “Have you always lived here in Busan?”

   “Hey, I’ve got an idea . . . why don’t we play the ‘Let’s shut the hell up and eat lunch’ game?” I snorted and then started digging into my delicious food. I love you food. Mr. yummy fried grains of rice and seared pork.

   After Nichkhun was quiet for more than five minutes, I looked over to see that he was gone. Like, what the hell, he just disappeared. I didn’t even hear him get up. Then I felt bad.

   Really bad.

   He was probably just trying to make friends on his first day at a new school and I treated him like an . . . oh well.

   I finished my lunch happily, devouring all of my food and wishing I had more.

  

I stared at the clock, waiting for the second hand to go all the way around the clock to three fifteen. The bell rang and I was the first out of my seat, almost making it before the teacher could give me my assigned homework.

   Tossing the paper in my backpack, I shuffled to my locker which was just around the corner aaaaaand . . . I turned right back around when I saw my precious locker space being taken up by that stupid pretty faced Nichkhun and that stupid hot jerk that he called his friend. They guy had been here for all of one day and he already had an entourage of people, mostly girls – all hot girls – following him with plastered smiles across their fake lips. I rolled my eyes and decided to wait around the corner for them to leave before getting my car keys out of my locker.

   “Wooyoung-ah.” A calm voice said from behind me and I shivered at how close it was, feeling the vibrations from the sound on my skin.

   I turned around and almost ran into Nichkhun. “How the hell did he get all the way over here so quickly?’ He smiled that creepy smile that I felt was actually erted, deep down inside him. “Yah! Why are you so close, step back~” Instead of pushing him away, I found myself retreating, still staring at him as he kept smiling.

   “I’m sorry,” Nichkhun chuckled a little, his lips and then saying nonchalantly. “Aren’t you gonna go to your locker? Or do you plan to just stand here until the school closes?” He said, teasingly. Mockingly. Annoyingly.

   I snorted. “I was waiting for the crowd to disperse!” I motioned to our lockers and then blinked when no one was there. No one. ‘What the ?!’ I covered my mouth in shock and blinked at the relatively empty school hallway.

   “I don’t see a crowd.” He winked and then turned to walk to his locker, which was right next to mine.

   My head hung forward as I lazily walked up to the metal door and then tried to open it. I put in my lock combination.

   It didn’t work.

   I tried again, frowning when the second attempt didn’t work. Grumbling after a third and fourth attempt, I slammed my fist into the locker door and then yanked on it as hard as I could, jerking the metal around and hearing it rattle and creak and bend just a little but not open. After a few minutes, I glared at the metal door and then noticed the person standing close to me on my right.

   Nichkhun smirked, his shoulder leaned against his locker door as his backpack was around his shoulder and he slowly unscrewed the cap to a bottle of water. “You okay?”

   I narrowed my eyes and then sighed. “My locker door is jammed.”

   “The janitor will fix it in the morning.” He smiled, attempting to comfort me.

   With a heavy sigh and eye roll, I let my head hit the locker door, it actually hurt a little. “My car keys are in there.”

   “I can give you a lift home.” He offered and then smiled.

   I turned my head to stare at him with a serious ‘are you ing crazy’ face. He didn’t even know me, why would he give me a ride home? Unless . . . unless he was one of those crazy psycho stalker dudes and wanted to know where I lived so he could murder me in my sleep. There no way in hell I would tell him where I lived. “Umm . . . it’s cool, I’ll walk.”

   Nichkhun shook his head, surprising me when he placed his hand on my shoulder and looked me deep in the eyes. “No, really . . . I insist.” The amount of emphasis he put on that one word made it impossible for me to see the way he smiled genuinely.

   It was weird, the sudden feeling of acceptance. For some reason, my heart wanted nothing more than to say yes, even though my mind was screaming at me to say no. “Okay~” I said out loud, yelling profanities to myself in my head. ‘WHAT THE , NO NO NO NO NOOOOOOO!! SAY NO!’ I, like an idiot, smiled back and allowed Nichkhun to lead me outside.

   The strange feeling was slowly wearing off as we stepped closer and closer to the huge Jeep sitting in one of the front parking spaces. The other dude was already in the driver’s seat and eyeing me and Nichkhun as we walked up to the car. “What the hell, Khun?” The dark haired jerk questioned, shooting a glance to me.

   “This is my locker neighbor,” Nichkhun ignored his friend’s uneasiness. “Wooyoung, this is my best friend since forever, Taecyeon.” He introduced us and then opened the passenger’s door, pushing the front seat up to let me get in the back of the truck.

   I stared at the truck that reminded me of one of those safari vehicles.

   Before I could protest, Nichkhun pushed me into the back and I glared at him, suddenly being hit with another one of those freaky strange waves of acceptance before sitting down in the seat.

   Taecyeon looked back at me and then chuckled. “I know, he has a way with people.” He flashed his giant teeth and then put the car in reverse, backing out of the parking lot at and taking off at an alarming speed. “So kid, you’re pretty lucky . . . not many people have been in this car before, don’t mess up the leather, alright?” Taecyeon said, glancing back at me every now and then as Nichkhun sat quietly, unaffected by Taecyeon’s harsh turns that had me flying all over the back seat.

   “Hey, can I ask you – why are you so blonde?” I raised my eyebrows at Taecyeon’s question and then suddenly realized what had happened.

   ‘OMG I’ve been jedi mind tricked!’ My eyes widened as I remembered that look in Nichkhun’s eyes. When he was in front of my locker, he convinced me to accept a ride home. When we were in front of the car and I didn’t want to get in, he looked at me and changed my mind again. In that moment, I was convinced that Nichkhun was some crazy weird psycho guy with an evil plot . . . or maybe I was just in denial of his ultra beauty.

   Guy’s aren’t supposed to be so beautiful.

   The car screeched to a stop and I blinked as I realized we were in front of my house. I didn’t wait for Nichkhun to get out to let me out, I just grabbed my books and hoped out the back, looking at the two guys. “Uhh . . . thanks for the ride.” I said, trying my hardest to smile politely and not seem creeped out.

   Taecyeon wasn’t paying attention, but Nichkhun smiled back, hanging off the side of the car. “Yah~ Wooyoung-ah . . . you look cute when you do that!” He laughed and then waved as the car backed out of the driveway, speeding down the street and out of sight.

   Cute?

   I’d been called many things in my life, and cute was never one of them. In a total mind daze, I turned around on my heels and went inside the house.
 

I sat on the bus, waiting to arrive at our daily prison, my head pressed against the glass window in the back row. Oh the glory of having my own car, this was so unfair. I grumbled to myself, hoping to whatever god might be watching that the janitor fixed the god damn locker door by the time we got to school. The bus stopped at a street light and then I blinked when a car pulled up alongside the bus.

   The two passengers in the car were talking to each other, totally immersed in their conversation that they didn’t notice me staring. Until . . . Nichkhun looked up and then noticed me in the window. His face suddenly changed into a smile and he waved.

   Jesus Christ, what is with this dude? Can he be any more weird?

   I pulled my history book over my face and tried to hide from him, thankful for when the bus started moving again and the big Jeep was stuck behind the bus. When the bus stopped in front of the school, the doors opened and students poured out of the bus quickly. I was one of the last people off the bus, and for some god forsaken reason, Nichkhun was waiting for me. Taecyeon was standing a few feet behind him, looking rather annoyed . . . and y.

   I blinked at the two of them and then passed them both, making my way inside to my locker. Taecyeon broke away to go to his own locker, and follow a girl down the hallway, but Nichkhun stayed close behind me. I tried to ignore him and just went to my locker, staring at the metal door that was still sealed shut. It didn’t look like anyone had tampered with it, but . . . I sighed and reached up to try and open the door.

   My jaw dropped when, at the lightest touch of the door by my fingertips, my locker door swung open. Really?

   Really?!

   I heard a light snicker and then looked around to see Nichkhun opening his locker door, chuckling to himself. “Laugh all you want, pretty boy.” I snorted and grabbed my books for my first class of the day.

   “Oh, come on . . . you have to know how cute you look when you’re in shock . . . it makes your squishy cheeks all the more adorable.” Nichkhun winked, casually walking away.

   Oh.

   Em.

   Gee.

   ‘He did not just call my cheeks squishy?!?!' I fumed and stomped to my first period classroom, my face red hot with fury. What did he think I was? A girl?

   No.

   Jang Wooyoung is a man.

   A manly man. Manlier than his sorry pretty boy self. Girls have squishy cheeks, not boys. Not me. I pushed the classroom door open like a big tough badass, barely having enough time to blink before the door swung back and hit me in the face, knocking me on my .

   The last thing I remembered was the sound of all the students around me laughing. 

 

to be cont.

have some wooyoung while you wait for an update~

 

http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2hab3v1cq1r6ezflo6_r2_250.gif

http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2i5q1XioV1ql4j8lo1_500.gif