Back

Don't Judge a Girl by Her Cover

~Hayoung's POV~

Welcome to Korea. Thank you for choosing our airlines and have a nice day.

I stretched my arms and legs and got out of my seat, blinking the sleepiness from my eyes. I groaned as the bright light hit me and I ruffled my hair. After many many many millions of years on that plane, we arrive in Korea. Remind me why it's winter and the sun's so bright.

I glanced out the window to take in the familiar surroundings that I missed from my three years in California. Oh, it feels so good to finally be back.

I grabbed my backpack from the top compartment and apologized to some people for elbowing them. I slung it over my shoulder and waited in the tremondously long line to get off the airplane. Obviously, I'm just not very patient.

After I finally made it to the front, I stepped onto the actual solid ground of the Incheon Airport. Why do I feel like hugging the airport air?

I hummed a little tune as I got my luggage, happy to be back in my home country. The United States weren't bad but you just get a little homesick sometimes. After so many missions, it's about time I had a permanent one and one where I could relax more.

I made my way through the crowds, heading towards the airport exit.

I glanced at my phone for any new messages and shrugged my shoulders. Looks like Infinite forgot about me at the moment. I pushed the airport door open and was blasted with a gust of cold air.

Screw February for being so cold but bright. I wrapped my gray jacket tighter and glared at a random pole. I continued staring at it for another five minutes when somebody grabbed my arm.

Shoot, what the fck is this guy doing? I thought I could relax when I came back but nooooo, I just had to be attacked the first day.

I instinctively grabbed the arm and easily twisted it behind the stranger's back.

"What do you think you're doing?" I asked in a harsh voice, boring holes into the stranger's back.

A chuckle came from behind me.

"Told you that you shouldn't have done that." A familiar voice came from behind me.

I shifted my feet, not releasing my grip on the stranger.

"Hi Sungyeol." I smiled at my brother.

I examined him for a second. He grew taller and he's already tall enough. Aish, him and his growth spurts. His hair was longer than I remembered and.... oh gosh, I sound like I'm checking my brother out.

"Hey twinnie. Could you possibly let go of him?" Sungyeol nodded at who was in my grip.

"Sorry, Woohyun oppa." I let go of Woohyun's arm.

"Aishhhh. I'm going to have a bruise for many weeks because of you, Hayoungie. Do you know how long that is?" Woohyun pouted at me.

"Several weeks?" I deadpanned.

"You know how instinctive Hayoung is. You deserved it, Woohyun hyung." The two started arguing while I innocently stood at the sidelines.

"Shouldn't we be going now?" I pressed my knuckles to my mouth to stop myself from laughing.

"Of course we should. You have no idea how happy Sunggyu was when he found out you were coming." Sungyeol rolled his eyes.

 

I hopped out of the van and smiled at the familiar house. The trees were covered in a layer of snow and the flowers seemed to sparkle from the melting ice.

The door was suddenly thrown open, causing a bunch of snow to fall down.

"HAAAAAYOUUUUNG!!!!" Sunggyu dashed out of the house.

Before I could say anything, he glomped me.

"H-hi Sunggyu oppa." I breathed out from the many layers of jacket.

He let go of me and held onto my shoulders. "You've grown taller. Soon, you'll be caught up with Grandpa Gyu. I feel old now. So how was the States? Didn't you have horrible winters since there was no snow? And it must've been sooooo hot during summer."

I crossed my arms and fought the urge to roll my eyes. Mr. Kim Sunggyu never changes, does he?

Before I could complain to him about his many questions, a voice interrupted.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! Oh my gosh, you have no idea how BORING it was without you. For three YEARS too!" Sungjong hugged me tight.

"YAH!!!! LEE SUNGJONG! YOU WANT HER TO SUFFOCATE ON HER FIRST DAY?!" Hoya's voice screamed from the house.

I shook my head and grinned. Same girly dongsaeng, same overprotective oppa. Has none of them changed?

Sungjong let go of me and smiled slightly. "Sorry, noona."

"You better be." Hoya gave me a loose hug before glaring at Sungjong.

"Yo, long time no see, homie." Dongwoo came up from behind me. We fistbumped, doing our handshake in the process.

"I would hate to ruin your happy reunion but we should at least help the poor guy here with all this luggage for the pretty lady." Woohyun complained but sent a wink in my direction as well.

"EWWWW! HYUUUUNG/WOOHYUN! DON'T HIT ON MY SISTER!" All three of my brothers shouted, pointing at Woohyun.

"Besides, it's only a suitcase." Sungyeol added, smacking Woohyun's head.

"Owie....YAH! I'M YOUR HYUNG! COME BACK HERE YOU LITTLE BASTARD!" Woohyun threw the suitcase back into the trunk and chased after Sungyeol.

I crossed my arms and laughed at my dorky oppas.

I'm so glad I'm back.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

So.... a little more background on Hayoung.

Be patient my dear readers, L will be coming in the next chapter.

Comments are <3!