Chapter 2

What's the Point of Living?

"Now, behave in class, Eva. Remember to give in that permission slip. Okay?" I reminded her as I kneeled down so we were face to face. I fixed her coat collar and hurried her along to the school building. I turned around and walked down the block to my high school. It wasn't a big building. It only had two floors and a total of 15 classrooms. 40 kids would be squeezed into one classroom and it was always very stuffy in there considering there were no air conditioners installed for the summer. 

I conquered the stone steps leading up to the entrance of my school and yanked open the door. 

"Ugh. You smell. Get outta here," some girl screamed from the side. I glared at her and she stuck the middle finger at me.

"Oh gee thanks. I'm so offended by your low class insult," I shot back.

"Well, at least she got money and a dad that's rich," someone smirked. It turns out it was the girl's boyfriend. His name is Alan and her gal is Izzy. He slowly walked towards Izzy and wrapped her around her arms.  

"Don't you ever talk about my father," I threatened. I marched up to them and gave the guy a shove. 

"Oh, I'm sorry. I forgot that he suicided and left your family into a living hell," he exaggerated. I was so pissed. That f------ b----. I couldn't control myself and the next thing I knew, I leaped at him and threw a punch across his face. Izzy frantically pulled us apart and asked Alan so many questions. She practically acted like he was going to die in an instant. I admit I knocked him out cold. I guess fighting is one of my special talents. 

At that moment, I realized that Alan, Izzy, and I were surrounded by students. I examined each of their faces and they represent: shock, terror, and some were impressed. Out of the blue, a senior named Eric,from the football team, applauded.

"WOO. You got them good," he shouted. I was puzzled when everybody started to clap. Izzy even looked startled by the position she's in.

"Shut the f--- up!" she raged. She half carried, half dragged Alan down the hall and into the nurses room. I chuckled evilly in the inside and never felt better.

The circle shattered and whispers filled the school building. I overheard a couple say that I'm a beast and no one should get near me. Another person said that he finally understood why I have no friends. It's because now, everyone thinks I have anger management problems.