Chapter 3

What's the Point of Living?

"Hey, that was quite a punch you threw there," Eric complimented.  He raised his camera and snapped a picture of me.

"Dude, why you taking pictures of me?" I angrily asked. I lunged forward to grab the camera, but he jerked back before I had the chance to touch it.  I made another attempt and failed horribly again. 

"Give me the stupid camera!" I barked. 

"I can't. This is going to be the best story ever for the school newspaper," he laughed. In my head, I was hollering so many curse words and thinking about punching him, too. 

"C'mon please. I don't want to end up on the paper. Besides, I look like a freaking wreck. Do you want to ruin my life even more?" I begged. I was almost in tears and Eric sensed it. 

"Fine, I won't use it. Just don't cry. But, I'll delete the pic in one condition," he bargained. He smiled and I tried to figure what goes on in his mind.

"Who says I'm gonna cry?" I lied, "And what condition?" I was eager to do anything to erase that horrific photo of me. 

"Wow, you sound mad desperate," he grinned.

"I am not desperate! You going to give me the deal or not?" I snapped. I frowned and was getting impatient with him.

"Okay. So, in order for me to delete the pic, you have to attend the football game on Friday," he smiled.

"Why?"

"You don't seem to go out much. Just want to help out."

"What?" I'm startled by the invite and baffled.

"Look, just come at 7 and I'll personally delete the photo in front of you."

"How do I know this is not a prank?" I asked suspiciously.

"It's not. Just trust me." I eyed him closely and found out he might of genuinely meant what he said. Without saying another word, I turned around and started walking towards the staircase to go to English.

"I'll get you the tickets!" he yelled. I looked back and saw him waving at me. I raised an eyebrow and sorta waved back. After realizing how stupid I was to wave back, I quickly pushed the door and disappeared from his sight.

'So, what's with him? Is he going to do anything to me? Am I going to be publicly humiliated? Should I go?' I thought to myself. My mind was heavy with all these questions and it gave me a headache. I shook it away and decided to think about it later at home.