Rehearse rehearse

Your Song Is Everything To Me

 

"Okay from the top again!" cried Jieun's arranger from the sound control desk. She made a face at him and started scratching out her notes.

"Jieun-ssi do we need to take a break?"

"No, Oppa. Don't worry about me. I need to get this part down."

"You need some rest. You don't look so good" her arranger said gently.

"I am fine. Can we please just take it from the top?" the younger singer put on her earphones again in position.

Mr. Arranger was about to start the track when his cellphone vibrated. He looked at the caller id and got up.

"Jieun-ssi just take a break. I have to take this call really quick"

He went out of the recording room and answered the phone.

"Hello?"

"Hyung, I am sorry. Were you in a middle of something?" asked Junsu.

Mr. arranger looked around and lowered his voice. "Yeah, I am actually in rehearsal with Jieun-ssi right now. Honestly, there are some parts she is struggling. She is trying to cope it with herself and not even I can get through her. 

Then there was silence. 

"Hyung, can it be possible that I can work with her?"

"That is too risky. What if someone finds out? Are you going to show yourself?"

"I will be careful but I have a plan. It just might work. I just need your permission."

Mr. Arranger rubbed his temple and sighed. "I will allow you to do this. But you have to be careful. Let me know the time and place. I will pass it on to Jieun-ssi."

"Kamsamhamnida Hyung. And I promise I will not let either of you down."

They both talked more briefly and ended the conversation.

Mr. Arranger came back into the practice room and started the session again with Jieun. 

"Thank you so much, Oppa. I felt confident after we ran it  few times." 

Jieun bowed to Mr. arranger and started gathering her stuff.

"Jieun-ssi. I am a little bit worried about the performance level right now. Are you doing anything tonight?"

"No Oppa. Tonight and tomorrow night is a rest night for me."

"Good. Our mystery arranger wants to work with you."

"Buoh? Why??" The young singer's eyes widened. "Really Oppa you have helped me enough.."

"Jieun-ssi. This time I can only help you so much. Trust me. Go to this rehearsal tonight and don't be nervous or scared. This arranger I have known for quite some time and he is very promising.

Mr. Arranger gathered up his stuff and turned to Jieun.

"8:00  tonight at this same recording room. Whatever you do keep your eyes to to your music. He does not want to be looked at or else you will make him nervous. Good luck and I will see you the day before the actual performance"

He headed out the door as Jieun stared at her music again. She grabbed her bag and headed out the door thinking to herself "Who is the mysterious arranger? Is he the only one who can make this song possible.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

That night as the meeting time grew near Jieun grew nervous by the second. She was in the car feeling  a little guilty for having to lie to her manager that she was going shopping. She knew if she told the truth that she was having extra rehearsal with someone else besides Mr. arranger then she would get him into trouble. She folded her hands and looked down at what she wore. Since she was meeting with someone she wore a white tank top covered by a black cardigan,  jeans and black ballet flats. Her hair was tied into a ponytail. The car pulled up to the entrance. Jieun waved goodbye to her manager as she slid her card to get into the building. When she reached the practice room she noticed the light was already on. Jieun closed her eyes and took a deeb breath letting it out. She opened the door and looked in.

"Is anyone here?" she asked as she went in and set her bag down. Then the lights went out and she let out a scream.

Then a hand covered and a body pressed against her.

"Shh!! Quiet" The mysterious voice whispered. "The building is closed down after 6. No one is supposed to be here and unless stated."

"Who are you? And why are we here breaking rules?"

Jieun heard clicking noises as few candles were lit and she saw a dark figure sit at the piano.

"Do you know your lyrics?" asked the figure.

"Yes." Jieun whispered un able to grasp what was going on.

"Good. We will go through what you have now to warm up your voice and make adjustments from there."

"Yes..but…"

"There is no time for chit chat. I don't want to keep you or else you will strain your voice."

The figure played through song as Jieun sang to keep up with his phrasing. As they were practicing the part that she was struggling today he stopped.

"Is there something wrong? I am sorry.."

"Do not apologize. I am thinking this was one of the parts you are struggling."

"Ne. It's just that  I don't know why but feel out of breath for some reason."

"Pace yourself so you can belt out the phrase at the end. Don't over exaggerate. Feel and understand the music."

The figure handed a folder  to her without looking at her.

"This is the new arrangement I made. I doubt your arranger would use it because it is so last minute. However, I made notes and recording so you can understand what you are doing."

"Kamsamhamnida Oppa?? Excuse me, Sir what can I call you?"

The figure chuckled then the candles went out.

Jieun started to become scared when she heard in her ear. "Know that I am your mentor for music. Wherever you are I will be there."

Then the real lights went on. Jieun looked around but no one was to be found.

"Am I dreaming????" she thought to herself as she pinched herself thinking it was a dream.

Her cellphone beeped as she reached to receive a message.

     Good rehearsal, sweetheart. Remember what I told you and you will give  a spectacular performance. Sing from the heart.

Yours truly, D.G.

She smiled to herself but she thought to herself. "Why am I not freaked out about this? Who was the figure? I have to find out who is willing to help me so much."

++++++

Whew! Finally updated! Thank you all who subscribed to my story. Again copyright and no plagiarisim. Love you all

 

x0x0 Vampireluver911