Day 2: Cleaning the House

Me Living With 2PM

 

          I had awakened from my nap and was called down for dinner. By this time I was really hungry and could not wait to eat. However, I soon thought that dinner could possess a problem; for I have not had that much Korean food and had no idea if I was going to like anything that was made. I soon became slightly fearful, but nonetheless went downstairs to diner. I’m quite sure there was going to be something that I would like eating. Everyone was sitting around the table waiting for me. I was greeted warmly. I had to admit it felt so strange sitting down with them and eat as if they were not celebrities. I smiled and sat down. To my surprise, nothing on the table was Korean; but all of the things that I liked to eat. I felt special, seeing how they took the time to make me a dinner with all of the foods that I liked.

Me: How did you know that I liked to eat all of these things?

Taec: Remember when you filled out this long questionnaire before you came? Well, we requested it because we wanted to know things about you and what you liked before you came, so that when you arrived, you would feel more comfortable. Plus, we all thought that it would be good to try something different tonight so everything worked out fine.

          I smiled to myself. That was so sweet of them to do that. On the table was rotisserie chicken, macaroni and cheese, steamed broccoli, rice, cornbread, and stuffing. Everything looked so good! As we ate dinner, I was asked many questions about where I was from, where I went to school, what I liked to do for fun and so on. I felt like I was being interrogated, but it managed to spark a long and interesting conversation. One of the main things that got their attention was when I mentioned that I liked cats. Taec was so excited, ha-ha. Chansung and Junho were also excited, seeing how they both owned cats. We then had a whole conversation about cats that seemed like it would never end. I felt closer and closer to them the more that we talked. It became late pretty soon and after dinner, I offered to help wash dishes. Junsu insisted that I go upstairs and rest and that the guys could handle it. Taec was very helpful in translating everything. Language was not that much of an issue as I thought it to be. Everyone tried their best at speaking English and I was taught Korean in the same process. I noticed that as I was making my way up the stairs, everyone’s room looked so messy. Downstairs was also messy. I remembered that Nichkhun had apologized for how messy the dorm was and that tomorrow it was going to be cleaned. I knew that it would be good if I helped them. I got ready for bed and rested very peacefully.

          The next morning, I woke up early. I normally don’t wake up early, but I felt like I had enough sleep and was very thirsty. I walked down the steps lightly to make sure that I didn’t make a lot of noise. When I walked in the kitchen, the first thing I saw was Chansung munching on the granola that I brought back from my flight. He turned around and saw me looking at him in slight shock, but his facial expression was so cute. We stood there feeling like we were guilty of spying and getting caught.

Me: (feeling awkward) Good morning Chansung.

Channie: (swallows last bit of food) Good morning. Sorry I ate your food.

Me: It’s ok. Don’t you normally be asleep this early?

Channie: Yea, but I got hungry.

Me: (to myself) As usual.

I smiled and got a bottle of water out of the fridge. I then turned to go back upstairs but I couldn’t help but hide on the other side of the wall and watch him in the kitchen. He had on a black tank top and red shorts. One thing I knew that I had to get used to was seeing manly bodies 24/7. This was going to be great! I had always had feelings for Chansung, but now being around him, LIVING with him, made me blush all the time. I wondered if he was going to like me back. I shook my head of the thoughts and tiptoed back upstairs. About three hours later, I had fallen asleep and smelled breakfast. I went downstairs and we sat at the table again. Junho asked if I slept well and I did. I mentioned that because today was Saturday, it would be a good idea if we started chores after breakfast to get them out the way. Jay slightly pouted, but had agreed with me. An hour after breakfast, we split up the chores. I picked to do laundry. All of the guys never really liked doing laundry, so for me to volunteer to do so was really relieving. I told them to put together their dirty clothes in the laundry bags and leave them downstairs by the basement door. In about ten minutes, I came back in the living room and saw 7 huge bags. It was a good thing that all of them were color-coded because it would have been difficult telling whose clothes belonged to whom. I had also remembered that I had seen a pair of yellow, duck patterned shorts under the couch. They had to be Wooyoung’s.

          One by one I took the bags down the basement. I first started with the red bag, and it was Jay’s laundry. I had never seen someone with so much underwear and tank tops in my life. The others had the similar pattern of laundry. I knew that at some point they would run out and how to wear each other’s. It took a long time to get finished but somehow I managed. Meanwhile, I heard movement upstairs, the vacuum going, dusting, the moving of furniture, the thrashing of trash bags, and doors opening and closing. I could tell that everyone was working hard to get the dorm clean. We started cleaning around noon and did not finish until 6pm. We had eaten and taken a break, but really the hard part was organizing everything. Their manager came by to visit and was impressed at how clean the dorm was. He made a comment saying that the reason why they cleaned so hard was to impress me. I laughed shyly, doubting that was the case.

          That night, Jay and Taec thought that it would be a good idea to take me out with them. I was old enough to go to the club thank goodness and had I.D. I was so nervous and I had no idea what to wear. I brought with me a cute shimmery black top that went with some black leather pants. I wore that with black pumps and silver jewelry. I had no idea what to do with my hair. My hair was straightened, but I had been tired of buns. Junho walked past my room seeing my fiddling with my hair. He walked in and sat on the bed.

J: (amazed) Wow, you look nice.

Me: Aww, thank you. I am just trying to figure out what to do with my hair.

J: (takes a moment to think) Let me try something…

He gets up and grabs the comb. He parted my hair on the side and brushed one side back and the other side in a slant. He then put my headband on and combed the rest of my hair. Because the ends were curled, it gave a nice flip to the style. I was shocked as to how he just took control like that but nonetheless I thanked him. I then put on my makeup and was ready to go. I went downstairs and everyone was mainly wearing black. The boys joking made a “woo look at her” type of whistle at me. I blushed really hard. Our driver soon pulled up and we were out the door.

We arrived at the club and it was easy for us to get in. The good part was that no one recognized us until people recognized me. People were coming up to us, trying to dance with us and it was so awkward. I knew that they had to experience this a lot, but if it was really like how it was happening now, I would not be able to deal with it. It was so annoying how persistent people were. We decided to go to another club and at least we didn’t have the same problem. I could not help but notice that I was given a lot of evil looks by some of the girls in the club. I asked Jay about it and he said that it was because they were jealous. My translator did say that there was going to become controversy whenever I was seen in public with them, but I had nothing to do with that. I would think that it would happen regardless whether I was from America or a girl for that matter. I just knew that despite what people thought about me, I had to ignore the bad things and just enjoy myself. After all, an opportunity like this does not happen often.

That night was so fun. I danced with all of 2pm together and individually. I could not help but notice that when I danced with Chansung, there was a lot of passion there. I am quite sure that the others noticed too. We had a lot in common though: we both were tall, close in age, liked cats, and always made animated facial expressions. I had to admit, we did look good together. When we arrived home, I was so tired and my feet hurt like hell. Chansung offered to take my upstairs to my room. I told him that I would be fine, but he insisted. There was no way that I could resist his puppy look. He had been so sweet to me since I had arrived. As I prepared for bed, I noticed that my stuffed kitten was gone. I thought that maybe it had fallen off the bed, but it was nowhere to be found. I then was going to ask Junho if he had seen it, and when I was about to walk in the room, I saw him sleeping with it in his arms. He looked so adorable sleeping with it and I decided to not make an issue of it. It was a good thing that I still had my phone on me because this was the perfect Kodak moment. I took the picture and snuck back to my room. I prepared for bed and went to sleep. In the middle of the night, I instant messaged my best friend, telling her all of the details of the trip so far. There was so much to tell. She was so excited that I went to the club with them. She asked if I had taken pictures and I took lots. I had to have taken five pictured with them individually and many more as a group. As time progressed, I got tired and told her that I would keep her updated. So far my stay was awesome and I knew that I was going to have a great time staying with them!