The Truth

Could You Just Disappear From My Sight? (One-Shot)

I stared at the man standing before me with eyes of mixed emotion.

 

There he was, as always. There he was, every single day I stepped out from my home each morning.

 

I closed my eyes for a slight moment to try and calm down the fright that must have been apparent in them. I let out a small quavering sigh before I started to move again.

 

"Where are you going," a smooth, deep voice asked me, as if nothing was the matter. I used to love that voice, but now it sent shivers down my spine.

 

I stopped in my tracks for a moment, debating whether or not I should answer him. I decided on the latter and started on my way.

 

I heard footsteps following up behind me.

 

"Hannah-ya, why the cold shoulder?" he asked cheerfully, coming up from behind me and grabbing my hands.

 

I winced at the contact, his fingers intertwined with mine. From a distance, we must have looked like a normal couple, walking down the streets holding hands. But the truth was far from that.

 

I kept my mouth closed, trying to focus on the road ahead of me.

 

"Hannah?" he called my name.

 

I refused to respond to him.

 

"Jung Hannah."

 

He stopped in his tracks and pulled me to him with our linked hands. I bumped into his chest and he wrapped his arms around me.

 

"Don't ignore me."

 

His eyes bore into mine and I couldn't look away.

 

But I was so exhausted. So, so exhausted from him. I couldn't keep up with this anymore.

 

I broke our eye contact first, staring into his chest. I had to say it. I was so afraid.

 

With a shaking voice, I finally managed to tell him:

 

 

 

 

 

"Could you just... disappear from my sight?"