Memory loss.

Remember Me!

 

The doctor had finally told me that I had memory loss. He was unsure of if it was a perminant loss or temporary. He wasnt sure how much I had forgot. It took a few days for my parents to finally make it to Seoul to see me. I was happy to see my mom again but it didnt seem like long ago I had seen her. She watched over me most of the time. My dad took most of the phone calls out side of the room to talk to friends and family from home. There was also another person who seemed to talk to my parents and the doctor alot. He seemed to be worried about me though I have no clue why. I would watch him pull his hair back and pace back and forth in the hall. Taking calls from people every minute it seemed. I did know a few girls had come to visit me. They said they knew me but I had no recollection of who they were. I felt lost all the time. I recived gifts all the time. Flowers, balloons, teddy bears. I even got letters of many languages around the world but had no clue how to read them unless they were english. I did how ever started to remember how to speak a few words in hungul but couldnt carry a full conversations yet. I watched Tv alot, to help remind me of some of the things in my life here like why I was here but I could only think how some of these people look familiar or how I wanted to be like them. I couldnt connect anything in my head and it seemed to bother me. Anytime I try hard to remember my head would burst into pain that made me scream at times. My mom held my hand, rubbing her thumb on the top of it to confort me. I hated not remembering what had happened or what I had been doing all this time. 
 
"Why did this have to happen to me?" I asked as a few tears fell from my eyes. My mom could see I hated forgetting. I always have. I remember having forgotten a few things in my life like leaving the keys in the car or leaving homework at home when I went to school. But those things were long ago.
 
"Shhh... its ok baby. Its not your fault. Things like this happen for many reasons." She answered.  The doctor soon had given the ok for releasing me from the hospital after my week staying there, well the week that I was awake for. I just had to go back for check ups. Leaving the hospital was really hard since there were so many people screaming, taking pictures and holding signs with my name on it. I wasnt sure what was going on but I was glad we had body guards that took us away from the crowd and into the car that led us to the appartment. When I entered the apartment there was the two girls that had been at the hospital when I woke up. They been wanting to see me but Im guessing the doctor said it wasnt a good idea. They seemed to want to run to me and hug me but to affraid to approach me. There was many things in this apartment that seemed familiar and seem like home to me but I couldnt understand why. The guy who had been waiting at the hospital with them was also there. 
 
"Ah... Hello Grace. We are your roommates. This is YoonMi and I am SunKi.  This is TaeHwang. He is our manager and takes care of us." Sunki greeted me and try to introduce everyone to me but I could see in her eyes she was a bit upset that I had forgot them. I didnt want to forget everything. They seem important but were they really that important to me. They seemed like strangers but familiar but I had to start over from the begining.
 
"Hi... um, have you met my parents?" I asked. They all nodded.
 
"A few times." YoonMi answered. There seemed to be a awkward silence in the air. My dad quickly asked for the bathroom which the TaeHwang was pleased to show him where it was. My mom went to the kitchen to fix me my favorite while I sat alone with the girls. 
 
"So what is it that you girls do for a living?" I tried to start the conversation so it wasnt so silent in the room. The girls looked at each other for the best answer.
 
"We are Korean pop singers. We are a three member group." Sunki answered but was keeping parts of it away from me. I could read it off there faces that I must be the third member.
 
"Us three?" I asked. YoonMi smiled for a second but it quickly went away as she remembered something.
 
"Is something wrong?" I asked. They were silent but Sunki finally came up with the answer.
 
"The doctor told us that we had to let you figure out some of the details on your own so you could regain your memory back."
 
"Its for the best if we answer the questions with little details and hint things to you. Its suppose to slowly bring back your memories. Eventually you will be able to talk to all of your friends like it never happened." YoonMi explained. It had to been the instructions given to them by my doctor. I guess it was for the best. If it would help me remember everything that has happened then I guess I should go with it. I looked around the room seeing many picture of the three of us together everywhere. The pictures looked real profecional. I could hardly believe I could afford something like this, let alone several. I decided I should look around. I got off the couch and walked away from the living room. The girls began to follow me, curious as to what I was doing. I walked down a hall, seeing a few other pictures. The place was strangely familiar and found myself stopping at a door which seemed to be closed for a while. I reached for the door knob but hesitated. My head was starting to hurt a bit. Shaking the pain off, I opened the door to a room that began to bring me back some how. Was I remembering? My baby blue sheets with matching pillows and comforter. The cd's that I had loved and cherished for so long. My endless movie collection that over took my wall. This was my room for over four years. I had lived here for four years of my life along with YoonMi and SunKi and our manager. We had been together through the worst of times and the greatest. They were my life!
 
"Gracie?" SunKi called me, not sure what to do or ask. I turned to her and YoonMi in tears.
 
"How long have I been away?" I asked as tears ran down my face. The two of them ran to me, hugging me to comfort me.
 
"It's ok. Your fine! It doesnt matter how long you were out for just as long as your with us now." SunKi rubbed my back soothing me to calm down. YoonMi was crying as well. I guess she was more afraid that I wouldnt remember them ever again. But there was still alot missing. I knew that my memory had not completely come back and it would be a while before it would come back. I just had to be patient with myself and figure things out on my own. But will I like the things I remember or not?