Chapter 2: Kim Joselyn

It's Only A Matter Of Time [HIATUS]

Mimra's tiny face scrunched in agony, the deafening sound of her cry sent my head spinning in circles.

"You want milk? Did you do a poopoo? Do you miss your mama? Are you sleepy?" I quick-fired in my melodious voice, nearly forgetting she couldn’t understand a single word coming from my mouth.

She continued her war cry.

"Let's get you something to eat!" I cradled the struggling weight against my chest, while resisting the urge to not to hold her her upright as her mother instructed. Wow, she's light.

I maneuvered through the scrapyard of a room into the extended kitchen filled to the top of dirty dishes. I returned my eyes to the whining baby, it's amazing how easily I can adapt to her crying. I guess she inherited her father's vocal cords. I stifled a silent chuckle against the powerful tantrum. Was she really capable of inducing such a transformation on a person with a simple cry?

To free my hands I rested her on the only free place, the bench-top. Luck she can't kick yet otherwise there'll be shards of dirty dishes on the floor.

The fridge was surprisingly spacious considering the extra body to feed. I found a big bottle labeled "milk" well that should be it since hyung doesn't drink milk that smells slightly off.

No wonder infants didn't drink this stuff, it was not the nicest of tastes out there. I waited anxiously, watching the bottle of cooled milk bubble as it rotated in the microwave. At this point Mimra hasn't shown the slightest sign of exhaustion, she was still shrieking at the same volume. Did she even take a breath in between? Her chubby face was turning purple.

I scooped her up and started to bob to the rhythm of my improvised lullaby. Within seconds her muscles loosened. Her endeavoring cry toned down to a squeak. My ears had only just adapted to the noise, now there was eerily quiet. Just like flash deafness.

"Open up, you little chimera!" I flew the bottle into her hungry mouth while making plane sound effects. This is fun.

Just when I thought peace had been restored someone sung "wow fantastic baby. I want to dance dance dance da-dance." Mimra shuddered at the pounding electronic backing music. She spat the bottle out in disgust.

Panicking, I leaped for the bottle that was falling to the ground. Just before the bottle emptied it's remains I popped it back into Mimra's mouth.

"Yoboseyo?" I steadied my breath when I ended the Fantastic Baby ringtone.

"What took you so long to answer your cellphone? It was Mimra right? I knew I shouldn't have left you with her..." Han-byeol rushed to her own conclusions. I could hear the faint discouragement in the background on the other side. It must be Hyung.

"Mimra and I are having a great time. Don't worry! Forget about her tonight, she's in good hands. Just enjoy your night. Okay? I'm going to hang up now, I want you to not call me until tomorrow before you come back. Understand?"

"But-"

"It's done then. Annyeo." At last. I disconnected the battery from its slot and hid it in the top shelf on Hyung's bookshelf.

In my arms Mimra had already finished her bottle of milk. She examined my features with her undeveloped beady eyes. I her back earning a big burp from the tiny body. The edges of her lips curved up accidentally forming a smile.

"Aren't you the cutest thing!!" I rubbed her soft nose against mine and favored the silky texture.

Nothing could remotely match her beauty. I laid myself beside her and marveled her puppy eyes. Through the light brown surface there was a glimmer of hazel. She giggled in delight.

I brushed the crown of her head. "I it's twime for ywou to sweep." Usually I hated showing aegyo, but who can resist her temptation.

Her eyes weren't focused on my eyes. They were veering off into the unknown distance. She'll sleepy. To her the milk is her morphine, her eyelids were already drooping. Only a slit of brown was visible from her disappearing eyes.

The silhouette of the nearby building disappeared from the drapes. Nightfall was upon us. Just in time too. 8 o'clock, Mimra sleeping soundly. Check.

I fumbled through the bookshelf to retrieve my two piece cellphone. Clicking it in place, I booted up the unreliable thing. Maybe now's a good time to check on how Hyung's doing. But I shouldn't disturb them.

Other than Mimra's light breathing there was no other noise except my loud thoughts. I still don't get how her mother became so wore out. Mimra was hardly the devil she described.

Ugh... I can't stand this quietness. Too bad I can't take a drink on duty.

Hmm... Should I give the BIGBANG dongsaengs a call? Nah.. Taeyang will be preparing a valentine's day gift for his girlfriend.

Jiyong? Even he's found a girl to make fangirls scream about.

Seungri had a girl two years ago. Actually a few. No a couple. Does a class sized clique of fangirls count as a couple? That was the scandal, a class-sized scandal. Alive world tour; the nights before, during, and after. One a night, one-use fans, permanent everlasting scars, serial . At the time I was shocked. Not because of what he did. But because of how he reacted. Initially he didn't deny it. Obviously he was swayed to tell the lie to the judge. However you look at it, even if he was not sentenced to life behind bars, even if they were not cases. Fan service? There was no possible way to accept him for who he became. I'm not talking to him, he's probably still robbing fangirls of their innocence.

I guess the only singles left were Daesung and I. That's only because dating was prohibited in the army. There were no restrictions to my love life. Why was I still pondering about my lonely life when I should be scouring the world for my wife.

A ring resonated from the door, cutting my intense train of thought. I slipped the thin cellphone in my back pocket. "Coming!!" I assured. I tucked Mimra in her bed and ran towards the door.

I was greeted immediately by the roof of a freshly dyed brown head of silky hair. "Annyeo haseyo Kim Joselyn imnida." The head returned from it's half trip towards the ground. It was replaced by a snowy complexion endorsing the angel face before me. She seemed to barely qualified the title of a college graduate student, but her light makeup unearthed the maturity in her blue tinted marble eyes.

"An-neyo." If she could sing I would kill to harmonize with her mellow alto voice.

She fumbled shyly with her lensless glasses. "I'm... The... I'm here to look after Choi Mimra. Are you her father?" I don't think she was from around here. Because of a few reasons. She had no accent hinted in her flawless Korean. Her eyes were blue, she wasn't wearing contacts. She thought Mimra was my daughter. She didn't know me.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(A/N) Picture the image at the top with blue eyes...