Chapter 1: Choi Mimra

It's Only A Matter Of Time [HIATUS]

 

Dong wook hyung talked to me specifically before his farewell. It was the last day of his two year contract with YG entertainment. He's been with the company long before his debut in 2003, even though I wasn't here since then, it was pretty obvious that Dong Wook was truly family.

He had revealed his newly-wed wife two years ago. Now he tells me he's expecting another addition to his family, a baby girl. I didn't know how to react to the news, envy had developed within me, but a false upside down frown hung on my face. Happiness, as I portrayed, nodded dumbly to the muffled sounds coming from his mouth.

"I want you to be her godfather." Dong-Wook patted my shoulder in hope.

"I can't, I can't take such an important role."

"No one else can look after my child better than you, I know you have always loved children." It was true, but honestly I want a child to claim my own.

"I would be honored."

"Thank you," he looked at the cold steel doors that separated the YG family from the world. "One more thing," he turned back to the face me, he stared into my eyes sternly "I want you to name your godchild."

"Are you sure? A name stays with a person for their entire life." I still remember when he gave me my stage name that I'm now known as; TOP.

He nodded slowly but carefully.

"Mimra"

"What?"

"M-I-M-R-A, Mimra"

"Why Mimra?" he said, trying to get his tongue around the phonetics.

"In memory of your YG days, in memory."

"Choi Mimra, it's catchy. Kind of like chimera, I like it." It sounded as if he was talking about my future daughter, but it was only my godchild to be. He patted my arm twice before leaving for the door. "Next time I see you, it'll be with Mimra."

~~~~~~~

It's hard to believe that only a month has past after Dong-Wook hyung left. Time has extended to 28 hours a day.

With a change of plans CL was left to promote her solo debut solely, a subunit was established between Sandara and Jiyong, I've never seen so many fans rush to their support. All daragon shippers I suppose.

Minzy's casted for a lead role in an upcoming drama. I nearly choked when I heard the news, I didn't mean to despise her acting skills, but I strongly suggested her to return to the musical stage where she belongs.

Seungri hasn't been able to return to the stage this month. He's still in thorough reflection, he was nearly sent behind bars last year. I would call his escape lucky. Honestly I don't believe his innocence, he's anything but innocent. The physical evidence was far more valid than his pleads. I'm not sure what relationship stands between us now, he hasn't talked to me individually since the court hearing.

You'd never guess who Taeyang's girlfriend is, a brown hair, blue eyed, yes, a fan. American Korean actually. I don't know what sparked his interest, but I see nothing in the flat chested, petite, aeygo spilling 20 year old. Maybe it's just the sorrow of being alone for 26 years of his life that made him fall for her. Or maybe it was just because he had actually fell on her, from a stage platform a meter high. I don't know for sure, but I know I'm lonely.

Very lonely.

A major motion film landed in my ballpark again. No unique plot or cast, just a sorrow love story about a boy's puppy love. I might be a little old for the lead role, but the director is a good friend of mine, he said this film is just to exercise my acting skills to the limit. I love challenges, haven't had one since my earliest memory, trying to ignore everyone's remarks about my weight.

There's been no time to visit Mimra, she's turning 2 weeks old today.

~~~~~~

Knock, knock.

I never got used to ringing door bells, their whines are obnoxious.

I drummed the door again, drumming to the beat of digital bounce, a collaboration between Dong-Wook and me. A scream sounded from the other side of the door "I'm coming!"

Clueless of what's happening on the opposite side of the door, I fiddled with the bag loads of presents prepared for Mimra, Park Han-byeol, and of-course Dong-Wook.

After successfully composing five rap verses standing in the air conditioned corridor, a woman with temporary wrinkles failed to be covered by light makeup, and her lifeless hair loosely held by a hair tie behind her left ear answered the door. "Seunghyun! Nice to see you" she pulled me into a bear hug, "it's been a hectic week with Mimra in our house."

"Sorry I haven't had time to escape my routine life." A weak unconvincing smile surfaced on my face. I held up the truckloads of bags to her eye-level "I've brought some presents."

"You shouldn't have!" the sound glass shattering came from inside the apartment. She sniffled back a tear "Why don't you come in? I can use an extra pair of hands."

"Isn't Dong-Wook hyung home?" I slipped out of my shoes and into some slippers.

"He's taking a nap, he had the night shift."

"So Mimra's really has no sense of time aye?" I joked, "Should've brought her a watch!" A curve of happiness spread through Han-Byeol's cracked lips.

"Can you watch over the little devil while I brew you some coffee?"

"Sure, she doesn't look that nasty."

Mimra's inherited the same round light brown pupiled eyes and jumbo ears from his father, and plum pink lips from her mother. A tiny bump stood where her noes was meant to be, and even though she only had a few patches of inky black hair they glistened under the sunlight.

"Hi Mimra, I'm your uncle, Choi Seunghyun!" I ticked the invisible bridge of her nose and she spew out bucket loads of milk.

"Here's your-" Han-Byeol scrambled to the bed where Mimra sat. "Oh, no! Not again!" she prepared some wet wipes from her apron pocket and dunked it in the puddle of milk on Mimra's neck.

"Is there anything I can do to help?" I watched from a safe distance from the milk geyser. "I can stay for the the night and take care of her if you want."

"We can cope, we're new to this, but it'll get better as the days come won't it?" There was a hint of distress in her voice during the last fear words.

"You guys should take a break! I haven't seen Dong-Wook hyung sleep this soundly in a long while. I can handle it."

"But we've got nowhere else to stay."

"Here's the key's to my villa" I placed the jumble of keys in her milk saturated hand. "Just don't touch the bearbricks, hyung knows the rules."

"But.."

"You guys should go for an evening out, just you two. Quick. Go before I change my mind." I laughed the last sentence.

"Honey! Wake up, we're going out for something to eat!" The pleasures of someone waking you up to the sound of honey...

"But little chimera..." he said flapping his arms in the air.

"She's all taken care of," he didn't budge. "Seunghyun's here!"

"What!" he jolted from the bed and swung his head around violently until he spotted me. "Seunghyun-ah, what took you so long, you're failing to live up to your godfather status!"

"That's why I'm taking care for Mimra for the night while you guys enjoy your two person paradise."

"What are you waiting for then" hooking her hand with his own, he dragged her out the door without another word.

"Wait! I forgot something!" Han-Byeon run back into the bedroom where me and Mimra stayed. " milk is in the fridge, feed her once every 5 hours or when she cries. Each time feed her 200 mills, make sure you heat the milk first, and always test the temperature before you feed her. If she's still crying change her, nappies are in the box below her bed, make sure you power her before you seal the nappy."

"Come on, let's go!" Hyung was getting a little impatient, he dragged her by the arm. She swing her arm back at him, forcing him to release his grip.

"I'm not finished! Do not feed anything other than the milk to her. She needs a bath before bedtime which is supposed to be just before 8 pm, no later than 9 pm. Don't shake her. Don't throw her in the air. Don't press on her head. Don't make her stand, her legs can't support the weight. Don't let her stay in the bath for too long. Oh yeah, you have to massage her down with baby oil before she sleeps. She can't move yet, so that's a bonus. But she dribbles and vomits milk alot, it's not irregular. She tends to scratch her face so keep a close eye on her. She-"

"Let's GO! With all this explaining, we'll never make it out of our house before tomorrow." He hauled her one more time.

"If there's any problems call me!" She blurted. The door clanked shut.

It's just me and the innocent little chimera.  A piercing scream through shredded the brief moment of silence.

What had I signed myself up for?

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

(A/N) Here's the first chapter, I will continue this fic as a chaptered fic. I haven't introduced the other main characters yet, but I will get there. Eventually.