Chapter 4: Back To Normal

Fated Destiny

The doorbell of the girls’ house rang and they wondered who it could be.

“D’you think it’s them?” Sooyoung asked.

“Probably.” Leeteuk joked.

Seohyun opened the door, only to see a sobbing Yuri.

“Omo, unnie! What happened?!” She exclaimed. The others got up from their seats and rushed to the door and saw Yuri.

“Yuri, what happened?! Why are you crying?!”

Yuri said nothing. She was just staring into space with a frown on her face.

Yoona pulled her inside to the living room and pushed her down gently so that she sits down on the sofa. “Seohyun-ah, can you get Yuri some water?”

Seohyun rushed to the kitchen.

“Now, Yuri. Tell us what happened?”

“He… He… He left me in the dark.” Yuri replied.

“WHAT?!”

Jessica sighed and put her hands on her face. “Minho’s done it.”

“What’s with the dark?”

“Yuri’s nyctophobic. She has nyctophobia, a fear of the dark.”

The boys just looked at each other.

That’s really way too much of a coincidence. Key thought.

Seohyun then came out of the kitchen with a glass of water and handed it to her sister, Yuri. The doorbell then rang again so she went to get it. Minho just rushed inside to the living room.

“Yah, Choi Minho! You went overboard tonight!” Key told him.

“I… I know. I… I didn’t mean it.” Minho said. “She told me she was scared of the dark and yet I left her. Aaahhh. What was I thinking?!”

“It’s okay.” Taeyeon said. “But maybe you should go for now. We expect an apology tomorrow.” She told him while pointing at him. She then assisted Yuri to her room. When they just passed Minho, he grabbed her arm gently and Yuri looked at his hands on her arm and then at Minho while he was looking straight at her. “I’m sorry.” He then walked outside.

They brought Yuri to her room and stayed there and had some girl talk.

“I don’t know how to say this but… Guess what!”

“What?” Jessica asked, munching on some chips the second after she asked.

“Nichkhun and I are going out.”

“No way! Me and Siwon are too!”

“Really?! High-five!” They then high-fived each other.

“Uhhh… Kyuhyun and I are too.” Seohyun said.

They looked at her. “Our maknae’s growing up!” They then looked at Jessica.

“What?” She then munched on some chips again.

“You’re not going to say anything?”

“Like what?” Then munched again.

“Like you and Jonghyun are going out?”

“No.” And munched again.

“Why?!”

“What do you mean why?!” And munched again.

“I thought you would be going out before us but no. How come you’re not going out?!”

“He doesn’t like me in that way.” And munched again.

*flashback*

Jonghyun and Jessica were at the pool by themselves, drinking wine.

“You think Minho and Yuri would get along later on?”

“Not a chance.”

They then laughed. Jessica looked at Jonghyun while Jonghyun was looking at the night sky filled with bright stars.

“I like you.” She said out of the blue. Jonghyun just looked at her while she moved her eyes to the glass she’s holding. She then leaned back on her chair. “The wine makes secrets come out.” She then smiled. She put down her glass on the table. She sighed and stood up. “It’s okay if you don’t feel the same way.” She said with a smile. “I’m fine with being friends.” She added and then walked inside the house. “You coming?” She turned around and asked Jonghyun, who was stuck dumbfounded on his chair.

“Uhhh… Yeah.” He drank the remaining wine on his glass in one shot and put the glass on the table and followed her inside.

*end of flashback*

“That was just earlier.” Jessica said, then munching on chips again. She then looked at Yuri. “You feeling better, Yul?”

“Yeah. Can you guys sleep here tonight, though?”

“That’s what we already planned.”

“But you’re still friends after that? As in close friends?”

“Oh Yoona, drop it.” Jessica told Yoona with a smile then munched on some chips again.

Yoona put her hand over the chips, blocking Jessica from eating. “Unnie, this is serious! You’re the only one not going out with a Spark member!”

“So? Hey, I can’t force the guy, can I? He’s just not interested in me the way I am with him. I can’t force him, Yoona.”

“But we can.”

“You guys stop. If you force our relationship, it will probably be crap.”

“But-”

“Sica’s right.” Taeyeon interrupted. “You can’t force the guy to go out with her.”

“So he doesn’t like me? We’re just… cool with just being friends.” Jessica was finally able to munch on some chips again.

“But Jessica, are you sure you’re alright with that?”

“Of course… not. I do try my best to not look like it, though.”

“Oh, unnie! You’re doing a great job of doing so. It doesn’t look obvious at all.”

“Yoong.” Sica said with a poker face. “Leave me alone.”

“I’m just worried, unnie.” Yoona told Jessica. Sica can tell she really was worried because of the sincerity in her voice.

“Well, when I start to kill myself slowly, then you should be worried. But right now, I can handle this.”

“Aigoo. What a drama. I guess if Bummie Oppa sees me like this then I can probably tell him I was watching a drama.” Yuri joked, trying to break the icy atmosphere.

“Hey, you’re on the filming set, honey. You got a behind the scenes pass.”

“Yeeeeah! So enjoying seeing the drama live!” The door opened and two guys appeared.

“Enjoying your lives without us, I see?” The older guy said.

“You’ve forgotten about us!” The younger guy exclaimed.

“Bummie Oppa! Minwoo!” The girls got off the bed and glomped at the two.

“Woah~” Minwoo was surprised and almost lost balance.

“Yah~ You’re really weak.” Sooyoung told him while lifting his arm up.

“Of course he is. He spends mostly all of his time playing video games.”

“Hyung! I hang out with my friends too, you know!”

Bummie smirked. “Yeah. Playing video games. If not in our house, in theirs.”

“I’m just… practicing.” Then playfully gave Sooyoung a playful glare. Everyone smiled.

“So… Think you can beat me now?” Sooyoung jokingly asked with an evil grin on her face.

“With my eyes closed.” Minwoo talked back.

“It’s on.” Sooyoung squinted her eyes on him. Minwoo turned around and ran downstairs while Sooyoung quickly followed.

“Aigoo, Soo hasn’t changed. Still like a kid.” Bummie said, shaking his head gently.

“Who do you think’s going to win?”

“I dunno. Let’s watch.” Then they all went down. Yuri was last to leave her room and Sang Bum grabbed her.

“Oppa.”

“What’s wrong?”

“Nae?”

“Look. You’re my younger sister. Even though you didn’t grow up around me, I still know if you’re alright or not. And it’s my responsibility to make the people who made my little sisters cry to pay for what they did.”

“Oppa, even if I tell you why and who, you won’t be able to get payback.” Yuri told him, looking down.

“Why? Are you doubting your Oppa’s power now? Uh! I’m so hurt.” Sang Bum fooled around and pretended he’s been shot in the heart.

Yuri chuckled a little bit. “No.” And then she became serious. “No. It’s Spark’s Minho. He… He, uhmmm… He left me in the dark.” Yuri then looked back to the ground.

“Mi… Minho?! As in that Choi Minho?!”

“Yes.”

Sang Bum couldn’t believe what he heard. Could it be…? “Look. You’re right. I can’t get payback from him. But not because he’s a Spark member and he’s popular. It’s because of… something else.” Sang Bum told her. “Tell me if he makes you cry again and I really WILL. BREAK HIS BONES.

“Sure.”

“You can go over to the others now.”

So Yuri went over to the others only to spot Sooyoung and Minwoo having a really intense video game match.

“I’m winning this time, noona!”

“Think again, Minnie! Ze great shikshin never loses to a dongsaeng!” Sooyoung and Minwoo told each other while pressing the controllers’ buttons so rapidly.

The next day…

“Yuri, can you go to school today?”

“Yeah.”

“Sure?”

“Yes. I’m getting my payback on that jerkface.”

The girls sighed and rolled their eyes and lamely got into the van.

They arrived in their usual lunch spot and it was really quiet. And awkward.

“Uhmmm… We should leave.” Leeteuk suggested.

“Yeah.”

Then they left Yuri and Minho alone.

Yuri put on her earphones and tried to annoy Minho in every way possible.

“Look. You’re lucky because of last night, I’m going easy on you.”

“Then don’t go easy on me. I don’t want you to lose your game because of my phobia.”

“Yah! Who says I’m going to lose my game?!”

“Uhhh… Me? There’s no one else around here. Unless you have an imaginary friend sitting right beside you.” Yuri joked. “Hi there, Minho’s imaginary friend.” She then put out her hand and shook it like she’s shaking hands with someone.

“Yah!” Minho slapped her hands.

“Ow! Yah! That hurts!”

“So? I don’t care.”

The others, who were hiding behind a wall, sighed. “They’re back to normal.”