Chapter 3

Fated Destiny

{ F i r s t  D a t e } ! ♥

 

"Go out with me."

 

"What?!" Yuri exclaimed while the others stood up in shock.

"I'll repeat it again. Go out with me."

"I declared war on you and you're just going to ask me out?!"

"Hmmm... Yeah, pretty much."

"And what made you think I'd say yes?"

Minho put up his closed hands and let something fall. Yuri looked at the dangling object coming from Minho's hand and then looked at Minho.

The girls, on the other hand, were shocked by what they saw. They have the same reaction as Yuri's but hers was even more shocked. It was the necklace she dropped in the airport. It was dangling from his very hands.

Nothing was heard that time except for the crickets. Yuri grabbed Minho's wrist and pulled him outside, in front of their pool.

"Where'd you get that necklace?!"

"I bumped into a girl in the airport the other day and saw her drop her necklace."

"That... That was me."

"Seemed like it." he walked behind Yuri and put the necklace on her from behind. "So... is that a yes?"

No words came out of Yuri's mouth.

"If you don't say anything, I'm gonna take that as a yes." Minho said, with that kind of serious and loving and romantic voice.

Silence. That's what filled their whole surrounding. Yuri was too stunned about the things happening. I think I'm seeing this different side of him. Yuri thought. She started to smile. He's being so kind and... And...

"It's decided then." Minho broke the silence, although it wasn't that silent in Yuri's mind. "Pick you up at 7, tomorrow evening." He said with his normal and playboy-ish voice and then started walking back inside. Yuri's smile faded. It was obvious she was upset about his voice changing so quickly.

She just followed him inside slowly.

The others, who were peeking through the windows of the kitchen, ran back to their spots and fixed theirselves as quick as they can when they saw them walking back inside. When they both got in and reached the living room, they saw everyone else, it was quiet and they were clearing their throats and it was awkward. As for Minho and Yuri, it was even more awkward.

"Uhhh... So... What happened?" Leeteuk asked.

"Don't act like you don't know, hyung."

 Dammit. Leeteuk told himself. 

"Well, it's been a long day. We should go home."

The girls left while the boys stayed in the living room.

"I thought you didn't like her so you didn't shake her hands or take the stuff she gives you but it turns out you were stunned at her because you like her."

Minho smirked. "Say what you want."

The next day...

 

They went to school with Yuri and Minho not talking and avoiding each other's glances.

After school, they went to the boys' house.

"Uggggh! Why did I even ask you out?!" Minho exclaimed.

"Your fault! I didn't even say anything and yet you insisted, you !"

They were yelling at each other in the kitchen as Yuri was making snacks. She just threw cabbages at him.

"Ah- Yah!"

"What?! What do you want?!"

Minho said nothing and threw the sandwiches Yuri already made at her.

"Uhh! Yah! I've already finished those sandwiches!" She exclaimed then she poured a glass of iced tea that she already prepared on him.

"Yah! Now I'm gonna have to take a shower again!"

"No matter how many times you shower, you'll still stink, you !" Yuri then hold onto a knife and held it up without her even realizing it.

The others, who were watching the two of them quarrel, ran to stop her.

"Woah, woah, woah~" or "No, no, no, no, no!" Those were what they said at the same time while running over to stop her. "That's going way too far~"

"Yah! Choi Minho! Just go and have your shower before she kills you!" Siwon yelled to him, while pushing back, along with the others, Yuri.

Minho went upstairs and took a shower.

"Yah, Yuri-ah, kumane~" Yoona told her.

"Uuuuuuugh! I really hate him so much!" She said, putting down the knife and calming down.

"Yeah, you hate him so much you were stunned when he asked you out." Yoona teased.

Yuri pointed at her. "Shut it."

"Whatever you say~"

"We should go home." Taeyeon said. "Yuri has to get ready. Don't want her to be late on her date with Minho, do we?" She teased.

"Yah! Unnie!" Yuri exclaimed.

"Wae?"

"I'm not going on that date."

"What?! Why not?!"

"Why should I?!"

"Yuri-ah, Minho's actually a great guy. He might act like a jerk but when you actually get to know him, and you actually really like him, he's actually a great guy." Key told her. "You should give it a try."

"And come on, Minho even had his second shower just to smell nice on your date."

Yuri just sighed. "Fine." She finally agreed. "But I swear, if that guy does something I hate again, I'm gonna strangle him."

 

They then went home and Yuri got ready. She took a shower, blow-dryed her hair, curled it, put her make-up on and put on a reddish pink silk dress and high heeled shoes.

 

Minho was just waiting for Yuri downstairs. He was already getting impatient.

"What the hell is taking her so long?!"

"Dude, we just got here like a minute ago." Jonghyun said. "Excited much?"

"No." He said.

They then heard footsteps, meaning Yuri's coming down.

When Minho could finally see her, he was shocked. His mouth opened a little bit. Every single step Yuri takes down the stairs, his heart kept beating faster and faster. When Yuri reached the last step, and is now in front of Minho, Minho just stared at her. The others were just there, looking at them, especially at Minho, they were smiling too.

"Choi Minho fell for the great Yuri." Siwon joked and the others laughed.

"Well? Are we going or not?" Yuri asked him. Minho came back to his own self again and replied. "Yeah."

Yuri then walked outside while Minho followed her. They got outside and they walked over to Minho's car. Minho just opened the door to his seat and sat on the driver's seat without even opening the door for Yuri. Yuri sat on the passenger seat and they drove away. It was quiet the whole trip so Minho decided to play some of their songs. He just sang along with it. Yuri looked at him with a raised eyebrow. "Really?" She asked in an "are you serious" voice.

Minho turned down the volume. "Why? Don't you like our songs?"

"No."

"Then you have bad taste in music."

"You're so full of yourself."

"But you do, though."

"Say another word and I'll hit you in the face." She said, then looking outside the window.

After a few more minutes, Minho parked somewhere in front of a fancy building, but the lgiths were off and it seems like no one's there.

"We're here."

"Are you sure this is the right place? This place looks deserted."

"I'm sure."

They went inside. It was really dark and Minho was just wlaking way ahead of Yuri in the dark. Yuri was kind of getting left behind. "Waiiiit." She called out to him and held onto him. Minho was shocked, she was holding onto his arm.

"What?"

"I... I'm... I'm scared of the dark." Yuri confessed.

Minho's eyes widened.

"You serious?"

"Yes!"

"Wow."

"Is it that surprising?"

"Yeah." Minho replied. "For someone like you, I never thought you'd be scared of the dark, not to mention even anything."

"Yeah, well, Minho, no one's perfect. Everyone has something they're scared of."

"Yeah, like for example, being alone in the dark." He said, then running away from Yuri. Yuri started freaking out. 

"Yah, Choi Minho. Yah." Yuri kept calling out to him, she was already starting to cry, but Minho didn't answer. The last thing she know, she was getting pulled up the stairs and when they stopped walking, Yuri was getting even more nervous. The lights then went on and there were flowers everywhere and a table for two, they were also at the rooftop of the restaurant.

"I had this restaurant closed for our date." Minho said, who was just beside her, but he was looking around when he talked. He was the one pulling her. But Yuri just looked at him, then looked around.

"So? What do you say?" He asked, then looking at Yuri and was shocked at what he was seeing. "Are you... crying?"

Yuri pushed him away and ran away.

"Yah! Yuri!" Minho yelled to her and tried to chase her.

Minho ran straight to his car and drove, hoping he would find Yuri wandering around the streets. He also dialled her number. She wasn't answering so he just left a message.

"Hey, Yuri, I'm sorry I scared you. I didn't mean it. Call me back, okay? If something happens to you, I'll never be able to forgive myself. Tell me where you are and I'll pick you up. And Yuri... I'm worried."