Closer

Operation Valentine ♡
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

12:00 p.m (Seventh Period)

 

"This is so lame," Key said as he started for our traditional places in the seats in the middle of the auditorium, where, during our freshman year, we had decided to sit there since nobody wanted to.

 

"Let's sit closer." I said before Key could flop into a seat.

 

He lifted his eyebrow, "Is this the part of a criminal master plot?"

 

I let out a small laugh and thought he was thinking too much. "No, Xin is going on stage today. Come on."

 

"Right. Whatever your plain is," Key said when he saw how close the seats were to where the 'Exo' boys and teachers are siting, "it better be worth it. We're going to, like, pay attention."

 

The Exo boys were the popular boys in our school. Although everyone were pretty famous here but their popularity was no joke. I still didn't understand why girls would be ecstatic whenever they see them though. I liked Kai's appearance and talent so I assumed they liked Exo because of those too.

 

TaeMin was a little bit too cheerful because we had agreed to sit just a few rows from the stage. It was because he liked the charming boys of course, and MinHo? He couldn't help but to groan. He always did.

 

"Exactly," I said, and took the seat on the aisle.

 

"Hey, you didn't come and get your box. Giving up?" SeHun wanted to know. 

 

Even though I felt happy since he was sitting on the empty sit next to me but I was not supposed to talk to him. So I ignored him by talking to Amber and Key about bubble teas. Key wondered why I was disregarding SeHun by giving me weird looks. Thank goodness he didn't ask me about it. Because if I were to lie, he would know. And then he would ask me tons of questions until I spill the beans, then kick Cleo's sorry .

 

As I was still blabbering nonsense, SeHun interupted my conversation with them. I felt him poking the side of my rib and told me not to ignore him or else he would talk non stop until I actually reply him.

 

"Shhh," I said, because Principle Lee was starting the convocation. Which is what they call it in Seoul International Academy when we all gather in the auditorium to listen to something majorly important.

 

SeHun was still being annoying though. He held a long, piercing gaze at me and tilted his head slightly to the side, trying to meet my eyes. I was trying my hardest to not give him eye contact at all, so I kept looking at my surroundings.

 

When Onew tried to get everyone to settle down (by saying, "Settle down, people. Please settle down." over and over into the microphone at the podium), I watched as rebels and punks walked in and started filling up the last row behind us. 

 

And then, just before the bell rang, in come Xin, hand in hand with Kris. They needed to sit in the front row, since both of them were the president and the vice president of the student council. They would be giving us a speech today.

 

Our principle finally approached the microphone, the chattering hordes  fell silent. He started his welcome speech but SeHun was still bugging me. Unfortunately, paying no attention to him was not as easy as I thought.

 

"Psst..," SeHun hissed, I looked at him this time. "I'm ordering pizza for lunch later, want any?" He asked and I sighed, letting my shoulders slump and listen

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter