Unexpected

Operation Valentine ♡
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

We broke away from each other and we just sat there, on the grass. I couldn't comprehend my emotions as he said he didn't want to return it back to me yet. In all honesty, I actually felt happy because one, the game was not over and two, I could spend more time with him today.

 

All of a sudden, we heard a thump and turned towards the source of the noise. It was a basketball rolling out from the wall nearby. 

 

"Ah…sorry. Can you pass the ball back to me?" A familiar voice was heard and I instantly looked up at him.

 

Kai? He was accompanied by BaekHyun sunbae who was too standing in front of us. They were in their basketball attire so I assumed they were going to practice in a short time.

 

My gaze averted down to the pink box beside me. 

 

This is it, I thought. Now's my chance. I can give it to him now, so…

 

I stood up, taking my box with me and walked towards his direction.

 

"What's that?" He asked with a smile plastered on his face, "Is that for me?"

 

I nodded and told him to have it but when he had taken that, his expression changed instantly. Kai cringed, looking disgusted as he unwrapped the box and opened it. I couldn't help but to wonder if something was wrong.

 

"...Wow, er…it's really dirty." He finally commented.

 

"What's up with that?" BaekHyun questioned, looking grossed out. He took the ball and patted on Kai's shoulder, telling him he better get going first. Kai agreed and told him to go to practice first as I just stood there, not knowing what to say.

 

"Do you seriously want me to eat this?" Kai emphasised on the word and cocked his brow.

 

I wrapped it prettily though. SuHo even told me the truffles looked delicious last night. Thousand of thoughts flooded my mind as I looked at Kai nervously.

 

"I…Well I jus-" I couldn't believe what I was hearing. People told me he was nice, that he was kind and right now, I was speechless. Sometimes people don't want to hear the truth because they don't want their illusions destroyed. The 'people' I just said was me.

 

I was taken aback because suddenly, SeHun got up with a handful of chocolate truffles and shove it down Kai's throat. His left hand forced the older lad to open his mouth wider.

 

"Eat it." SeHun said as he glared at Kai, "It's for you. She invested her time and energy into this so you better be thankful you got 'em."

 

Kai groaned and tried his best to struggle under SeHun's strong grip but SeHun was persistent with his actions, "That's right, finish and enjoy them."

 

Surprised at what he had just said, I covered my mouth with both my hands. I just stood there horrified by the unpleasant sight in front of me. Kai's body stiffened and he looked light-headed as if on the verge of fainting.

 

And as if on cue, Kai fainted swiftly and SeHun dropped Kai's body onto the ground. He turned around, walking away and inquiring me if I was glad he had eaten them. 

 

"Wait, SeHun." I said and took out one of the truffle from the box.

 

He twirled and I handed him the confection saying, "Here, please take this. There's only one piece left but… I want you to have it."

 

SeHun made a U-turn again, "I don't want an obligatory chocolate."

 

"It's not like that." I hurriedly said, "This one piece…is my favourite."

 

I went in front of him and continued, "But I guess…you don't want to eat this, right? Sorry for letting you hear such a weird thing. I will eat it myself."

 

After saying those meaningless words, I plopped the chocolate into my mouth but he quickly grabbed both my hands and leaned towards my lips. My eyes fluttered and closed as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter