Crush

Traits of the perfect other half

She was going to meet him today.

 

This was not a special occasion but he was special to her and her heartbeat quickened at that thought.

She had been wanting to meet him since the end of their last encounter.

Yet, for some unknown reasons, she did not even have a chance to do so even though they were from the same school. 

Thus, she decided that it was time for her to go out of her way to contact him.

It first started with a simple good luck message on his examinations.

She was not expecting a reply from him so when her phone beeped, she squealed in silence.

However, this episode ended way quicker than what she had hoped for.

 



It was soon a month after his graduation.

There was no other way for her to catch a glimpse of him now or even mutter a quick hello along the hallway.

Her heart sank and she found herself wondering what he was up to (more than she should).

Hence, she took yet another first step again.

“Hi, I was wondering if you could possibly pass me your notes. I think they will be of great help for my studies.”

She did try. She forced herself to stop being distracted but for most of the times, her eyes would dart to her mobile phone instead of the textbook that was being placed away (on the back of her mind).

The constant vibrations sent jitters to her body and it took her a second for her to realize that it was coming from her phone.

With shaky hands, she unlocked her phone and there was his reply:

“Yep, sure.”

 


 

She scuffed the ground with her shoe and craned her neck from time to time.

Her bus was still not in sight.

She was running late and a wave of guilt swept over her.

He had been nice enough to suggest a location that was closer to her house.

Yet, here she was. Meters away from her destination.

Her phone rang and she counted to ten for the ringing to stop.

She simply did not have the courage to hold a proper conversation with him (even if it was on the phone).

However, when the second call came in, she picked up hurriedly before her brain could register the meaning behind her actions.

“Hey, where are you?”

“Hello, I’m sorry but…”

There was a beeping sound and that signaled the end of their conversation. She was so flustered throughout that she had no idea if he or she was the one who accidentally ended the call.

She shivered involuntarily as his voice echoed in her head.

 


 

His nose crinkled and his eyes were immediately shaped into the form of crescents when she approached him.

Her cheeks had a tinge of pink and she had no clue she was holding in her breath till he let out a hearty chuckle.

She lifted her head at the sound of it and found herself blinded by his gaze.

He looked so warm and comforting.

Yet, she could not bring herself to confess her feelings to him.

The shade of red on her face visibly darkened and she pulled back, as the close proximity made her uneasy.

He grinned at the sight before him and leaned in, narrowing the gap between the two.

“Hey, here are the notes that you need.”

 

 

His gentle voice snapped her out of her train of thoughts and she returned his favour by smiling.

The brief contact shared between their fingers threw her off guard but she managed to mouth out her words.

“Thank you! Oh and I’m really sorry for being late…”

As much as she wanted to keep their conversation going, she somehow managed to spot his friends who were waiting for him in a corner and their gazes directed towards the two of them sent her squirming.

“It’s okay. Trust me,” He whispered and if it was even possible, his smile was beyond dazzling now.

 


 

Hi guys. I found this in my drafts folder for months so I figured that I would might as well post it up since it has been ages since I have last updated this fanfic. Yeap, I know Kikwang is younger than Hyosung but I thought it would be interesting for me to portray Hyosung as a junior (for once) who has a pretty obvious crush on her senior.

That's all for now. Oh and as usual, I would appreciate if you could subscribe, leave me with comments (preferably ideas for some Kisung fluff) or even upvote. Maybe, just maybe, I will come up with a conclusion to the Confrontation series.

Rest well, everyone! :)