Get used to my pace

Traits of the perfect other half

She kept walking faster.

 

In fact, it was as if she was sprinting with her short, stubby legs.

This amazed her boyfriend, who was panting profusely.

He had a hard time keeping up with her.

Just when he stopped to catch his breath, she was out of his sight in the next second.

Hence, this explained why he had been blindly chasing after her footsteps for the past three hours.

 

This was definitely not part of his plan.

When he brought up the plan for the two to hang out, he meant it for them to have some slow quality time together, perhaps sipping on a cup of warm cocoa in a nice cozy cafe.

However, apparently his girlfriend took it as a form of agreement for her to do some last minute Christmas shopping.

She was busy. After all, she had to get gifts for Ji Eun, Sunhwa, Hana, Yongguk, Him Chan, Daehyun, Young Jae, Jong Up, Zelo and…

 

Forget it. She pouted.

 

She did not have the luxury of time and waste it away by recalling names right in the middle of streets.

She had to grab gifts that would be of her friends’ liking before her boyfriend changed his mind to accompany her on this shopping trip.

He looked so awfully bored and it was only a matter of time before he would forcefully call it a day.

To top it off, her heels were killing her. Her swollen legs were literally crying out for a break.

 

Just before she could run off to the next shop on her list, a hand grabbed her wrist.

Almost immediately, he spun her around, with his chocolate brown eyes boring deep into hers.

“Yah, Jeon Hyo Sung, why are you in such a rush?”

“Idon’tknoweither.Youlooklike---”

“Take a deep breath. Speak slower.” He lifted her face and they stared wordlessly at each other.

 

“I just don’t want to bore you out.” She whispered, with her gaze fixated on her heels.

“It’s okay. I don’t mind doing anything as long as I’m with you.” He smiled, and tugged a piece of her hair behind her ears.

 

“Just hold my hand and get used to my pace.” He winked, giving off the usual boy-like charm before he reached out to intertwine their fingers.

 


Just a short drabble. I have been having this writer's block so forgive me for this belated short chapter.

Christmas is coming up soon so I might be updating this again as a gift for my readers.

I love all of you guys.

Have an awesome holidays :)