Stages of relationship

Traits of the perfect other half

 

Her eyes darted around and eventually found its placing outside the window.

There was still no sight of him.

Her finger lifted up by itself and landed on the window.

She was not much of an artist but she figured that doodling figures on the window did not require much of a talent either.

Within minutes, there was a miniature couple dancing animatedly on the cool surface.

They were not exactly dancing but at least, that was her intention.

 


 

 

She could still remember how the first conversation shared between the two of them was like.

Since the groups the two of them belonged to had debuted around the same period, the members had made a pact to get along with each other.

Since she was the leader, she decided to take the initiative.

Making her way towards the other party who held a similar position, her heart pounded against her chest vigorously.

Just when she was about to approach Doojoon with her gummy smile, another member stood right before her with a dazzling smile that took her aback.

 

 “Erm, hi…” He grinned and before their eyes could meet, he shifted his glance towards the floor.

“Oh hi,” Boy, was she surprised. “You are Kikwang right?” A smile remained hanging on her face as her brain continued to match the unfamiliar faces to names she could vaguely remember.

“Yes! I mean, yeah…”

He had to admit. He liked the way his name rolled off her tongue. It made him feel special.

She giggled at the sight of him stumbling over his words. So she was not the only one who was nervous meeting another idol group.

 

Once her laughter entered his eardrums, his head shot upwards almost immediately.

“Hyosung ssi, I heard that you like dancing.” He mumbled, almost way too softly for anyone to hear.

 “Yeah. I am a huge fan of Beyonce.” She flashed him a smile.

“Oh, that’s cool. So I was thinking, perhaps we can have a mini dance battle someday?”

“No.” The word that left instantly stung him pretty badly.

“Huh? Oh, I see.” Disappointment was evident in his tone.

Before he could change the topic, she cut him off.

“Don’t you think dance battle sounds a little aggressive? It might be just me, but I prefer the term “dance practice” better.” She paused and took a glimpse of his prominent features.

“Huh? So is that a yes?” He asked cautiously, not wanting to get his hopes up high again.

“That depends on you, Kikwang ssi. My answer will be no to dance battle and yes to dance practice.”

“So how does Saturday sound?” He questioned with a sudden rise in confidence.

“Perfect.” She winked and walked off.

 

He was surprised.

He had expected the conversation to comprise mainly of awkward silence and eye contact that barely lasted longer than a second.

However, it was pretty much of the opposite.



 

 

That probably marked the start of their relationship.

No one, including themselves, expected their relationship to progress.

To a stage beyond friendship.

 Other than the fact their companies were situated near each other, having someone to practice dancing with till daybreak was what they enjoyed most.

 

Initially, their conversation had only comprised of artists whom inspired them to dance.

However, as time progressed, the two became comfortable enough to crack jokes or even pull pranks on each other.

After a year or two, they found themselves often confiding in each other issues that were way too sensitive to bring it up to the other members.

Eventually, eye contact was all it took for them to know something was troubling the other.

 

At first, the two would only pass a water bottle to the other after each dance practice.

However, they soon began to lay down right beside each other and babble about how their dance moves should be modified to give off a sleeker vibe.

At times, when the weather was too cold, he would pull her closer towards his body. Instead of rejecting, she would even snuggle instinctively against his chest for some warmth.

Eventually, they had found it so hard to resist each other to the extent that a simple greeting had turned to involve the element of hugging as well.

 

The way the two acted beside each other soon brought up questions that none of them were willing to face.

“Kikwang and Hyosung-ah, we need to talk to you.”

Though Beast and Secret were close friends, the atmosphere at that instant was so intense that the two had found it hard to breathe.

“Are you two dating?” Doojoon raised his eyebrows and stared at them.

“Please be completely honest.” Jieun joined in, hoping to make her stand clear. It was not that she disapproved of their relationship. She simply did not like the thought that her leader unnie could not trust them (or rather her in particular) enough to mention about her boyfriend.

 

Kikwang gulped. Were they dating? He had no answer to that either. They were not exactly a couple but his heart seemed to say otherwise.

Hyosung hesitated. Should she say yes? She did not like to lie in front of her members. However, she was unsure if the feelings were mutual.

 

“It seemed as if you two are not prepared to give us the answer either.” Zinger finally spoke up.

“So I will suggest you two to figure it out sooner or later.”

 


 

 

It was not long before Hyosung received a text from Kikwang, asking her to meet up with him at the café the very next day.

 That also explained why Hyosung was now sitting in the café and staring into space.

 

“Hey, I’m sorry. Am I late?” He raced towards the table where she was, panting heavily.

“No, I had nothing to do so I decided to make my way here earlier.”

“Hyosung-ah, I… think…” He took a deep breath as his grip on the bouquet of roses tightened.

“Kikwang-ah, we both know we have long passed that stage.” She stood up and moved closer towards him.

“So is that a yes?” His facial expression brightened instantly.

“That depends on you, Kikwang-ah. My answer will be no to going back to the awkward stage of friendship and yes to ……”

“Shh. Stop pretending to be all cool about it.” He hushed her and pulled her closer towards him to close up the gap between their lips.

 

 

 

 

 

 

I'm back. Since everyone wants Kisung moments, so I shall write some Kisung for my lovely readers. To be honest, it was not that I lacked inspiration. I just could not decide if I should include certain elements into this fanfic or 'Whirlwind Romance' instead. Also, it was difficult for me to formulate my thoughts into words since I am not so much of a writer.

Anyways, I hope you guys enjoy reading this. Subscribe, leave me comments and tell me which fanfic you will want me to update next. If time permits, I will try my very best update. Examinations are coming. Thus, if you guys do not tell me any earlier, the next update will only be up in October.

That's all. Goodbye :)