01

always&forever;

scenario01

 

She was my best friend. And like every best friend, she was there for me.

I was tired. So tired, I almost wanted to just sleep and never wake up again to this cruel world. Scandals and rumours had broken out the days before; once-fans were drifting away; my team was also on the verge of splitting - we were not getting along well at all. And to top off the cherry on the ice cream, our family’s dog of twelve years died. Some douche bag ran it over with his car.

It was a horrible week. As tired as I was, I would get up every morning and drag my deadbeat body to work. It was okay for a few days, until I just couldn’t take it anymore. I couldn’t do it. I cried, and I cried, and I cried until every last tear was dry. I just completely and utterly broke down. The pain was too much to bear, the pressure to great to stand. I was lost, and I never wanted to be found.

The next day I called in sick. It was rare. Kwon Jiyong was never sick. He’d smile through thick and thin, cleverly concealing his emotions. But today, there was nothing he could do. His eyes were puffy from crying, his body sore from over-work, and his mind not quite in the right place.

The phone rang for the twentieth time that morning. Checking the caller ID, he found it was his best friend. The one person he didn’t mind picking up for.

They were tight since high school, since before he became a trainee. They went way back. The two were rebels, outcasts, loners. But they had each other, and that was enough for the pair. She worked at YG too, now - her dream to be a professional dancer. She was a busy woman - she didn’t have time to spare.

“ ‘Lo?”, I breathed into the phone.

“Jiyong-ah. I heard you’re not feeling well.. I’ll be right over, ‘kay? Wait for me”. Before I could say a thing, she had hung up.

She found me an hour later on the couch, dozing off to our favourite drama on the tele. She turned off the T.V. and took my by the arms. Let’s go upstairs, she had said.

Tucking me in bed, she made sure I was comfortable before sitting down on the floor beside me. Almost instantly I fell into a deep slumber, my best friend’s presence guarding my dreams, chasing away the nightmares. She sat and played on her iPad, glancing over at my peaceful figure every once in a while. In my dreams, she was always there. Always there when I was down; to pick me up. Always there, first in line, to celebrate a victory.

Two hours later, I was woken by a plushie to the face. I didn’t mind - I could see her bright smile. “I got bored”, she explained, not surprising me at all. She tossed a protein bar in my face. “Eat”, she had commanded. I complied, but fatigue hit me once again as I threw the wrapper away. “What were you doing?” I asked her, glancing at the device in her hands, knowing she should’ve been at work. “Watching dramas” came her reply.

I yawned, ready to drift off again. This time, I scotched over, making room for her beside me. I didn’t say anything, but I felt the bed dip as she climbed in beside me, her attention still on the small screen.

I wasn’t good with revealing my feelings to her in plain words without any background music as my support beam, but if I could tell her something now, I would thank her. Thank her for being here with me, for seeing I was not myself, for not letting me wallow in my misery alone. Thank her for lending a shoulder to cry one, for having a heart to listen to my desperate nothings, for having a brain to support her quirky personality that knows how to make me laugh. To thank her for loving me as I am. I don’t know if she knows, but I really, truly appreciate everything about her, and everything she’s ever done for me.

“I love you”, I mumbled, falling asleep.

The last thing I heard, “Me too”, brought a tired smile to my face before my system shut down to a blissful rest for the second time in days.

“Always and forever.”

 

-the end-

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

A/N: Thank you for reading~!