The Performances of the 'Rookies'

My 12 Best Friends

 

 

Your arm landed lifelessly by your side. *They're performing?! What is this, they never said anything!*
Hae Mi grabbed your wrist and dragged you back. "Come on we have to go back here"
The DJ came back onto the stage. "While the groups of students are preparing, we will play two more slow songs. So grab a partner and save the best dances for last!" He hopped off the stage and went to the back.

"Oh... Hae Mi you should dance with Yongguk since he's your date!" you pushed her towards B.A.P's table but she still held onto your wrist.
"And you have to dance with Daehyun!" she pulled you along while you tried to break free. You saw B.A.P's table up ahead and saw them all looking at you. Yongguk asked Hae Mi to dance. You wiggled your eyebrows at her. She chuckled at you and pushed you towards Daehyun.
"Would you like to dance with me?" Daehyun said sweetly and took your hand. You nodded and followed him.
"I requested a special song for this" he said.
"Really??" you blinked. "What song?" you questioned.
"Wait until you hear it" he told you and you waited until it came up.

Iyureul mollasseo, wae naega byeonhaenneunji
Hancham saenggakhaesseo, neowa na mannan ihuro
Na byeonhan geot gata, aju manhi mariya
I norae deullini oh~


Niga neomu gomapjanha Oh baby
Niga neomu yeppeujanha Oh~
Nuneul ttel suga eobseo, nae nunen neoman boyeo
Neoman gyesok baro bogo sipjanha nan oh jeongmal
Oh~ baby


(a/n This is Baby Baby by 4men)

“THIS IS MY FAVORITE SONG! AHHH!” You heard someone scream backstage and apparently it was Suho.
“It’s the song you used to sing to me when we were younger…” you gasped, trying to ignore Suho’s excitement backstage.
“Yup! So while we dance, I’ll sing along to it while dancing with you” he closed his eyes and started singing, his body moving with the music.
You closed your eyes too, being careful not to rest your head on his shoulder. The song ended and he quickly kissed your forehead. “I gotta go now!” he ran quickly backstage. You were about to yell at him and demand where he was going until next slow song played.
You kicked the floor with your heel. “Hmmph I swear, If Daehyun’s performing and he didn’t tell me… he’s a dead man. Like Exo. They’re all dead men.” You mumbled to yourself.
You heard someone cough and you saw Jonghyun standing there with a bright smile. You beamed at him kind felt bad you didn’t notice him.
“Hey your friend over there is dancing with Minho.” He pointed to Hae Mi and Minho. You broke out into a goofy grin.
“I can’t believe it… she’s going to tell me a whole story about this later…” you said.
“Why?”
“Minho is like… her ultimate bias. Of course she would be the happiest person ever to dance with him.”
“Who’s your bias in SHINee then?” he asked you, raising a brow.
“Errr…uhhh…” you didn’t want to say.
“Onew?”
“No..”
“Key?”
“No!”
“Little Taemin?”
“No…”
Once he got closer, his smile became wider and wider.
“It can’t be Minho because your best friend likes him…  don’t you have like a bias rule? Where you can’t like each other’s bias? So that means…” he placed his hands on your waist and pulled you closer.
“I’m your bias” he whispered into your ear. Your cheeks flushed bright red by his words and your skinship. “Am I right?” he locked his eyes with you.
“ANI!” he released his close contact with you.
“What?” he stood there waiting for an answer.
“I mean… uhh…… adlshafjalf!” you shook your head and started freaking out. He held your hand. “Let’s just dance, I didn’t mean to make you feel awkward or uncomfortable.” He patted your head and you two began to dance. At first you felt really embarrassed but soon you were already comfortable around him. He keeps making jokes, telling you to take off your heels because he started to feel short. You laughed at mostly everything he said.
“Haha, I’m glad I’m making you laugh!” he smiled.
“Yea, you’re really funny”
“So, are you excited about the performances?” he asked you.
“Uhh.. a little. I didn’t know that Exo was going to perform, actually, I didn’t know that they actually could sing or dance!”
“Well, you’ll find out a lot about them soon.” He said before letting go. The song just ended. “So… I have to go backstage too, so you’ll watch me right?”
“Of course I will!” you assured him. He smiled at you once more before leaving you.

---
“Okay everyone, who’s excited for the performances!”
There was a loud roar or cheer and applause.
“Okay, so everyone seems hyped up! Let’s start with our first performances from the students of TS High…… they call themselves….. B.A.P!”
You shot up when you hear the name. You saw All of B.A.P being lead onto the stage, including Daehyun. You glared at him until he noticed you. He didn’t glare back but waved and winked at you. You rolled your eyes and crossed your arms. *Psh*
They were wearing matching clothing: Black cargo pants with a the same shirt and jacket but in different colors.  Daehyun was wearing black and white jacket, while as for a person such as Yongguk, he was wearing a red and black one. It suits them pretty well, but you still weren’t used to this.

The song was starting and they were all huddled together. When Yongguk started rapping, the whole stage burst into energy. Their choreography was overpowering and upbeat ---- something you wouldn’t expect the emotional and innocent Daehyun you once knew. When you heard his high note, oh you’ve heard that before. He would always join contests and sing with his group of friends sometimes. He always sings like this. But dancing…. wasn’t really working for him. You’re anger slowly faded away and you actually felt proud of him. “WARRIOR!” you kept hearing over and over again. You spaced out when Zelo rapped. He was THAT good. After the performance, you wanted to run up the stage and attack him, but you didn’t.

“Okay, that was an incredible rehearsal/ performance for the upcoming rookie group of TS High!” the DJ said.

*Rookie group? What?!* you were puzzled. Other groups of students from TS High School performed on stage. Once the last were done, it was SM High’s time to shine.

“Introducing… our very own group of kingkas who capture the hearts of, not only us, but fans from around the world… SHINee!”

You and Hae Mi screamed from the top of your lungs. You didn’t forget that you were a die-hard SHINee fan yourself. They started performing to Lucifer and you couldn’t help but fangirl even more.
“Jonghyun!” you ended up calling his name. Upon calling him, he stopped for a moment, making Key nudge him, and got back to dancing again. It’s as if he heard your voice over the screaming and clapping.

“Okay wasn’t that just amazing?” the DJ asked the crowd, “Now, for our last group… they are the upcoming rookies of SM High…. give it up for our boys…. EXO!!”

They came out wearing baggy sweatpants, white wife-beaters with a gray jacket. The song started and they started fapping their pants.
*Pffftttt! What are they doing?* 
Hae Mi was watching them closely. Specifically Kai.
“Hey Hae Mi, why are you only looking at Kai?” you asked her.
“Because he said he was a dancing machine when we danced together, so I’m checking to see if he really is.” She replied.
You made an ‘O’ shape with your mouth and continued watching. When you heard each of them sing you became impressed. You didn’t know that some of them could sing so well.
Suddenly, the music switched to Chinese.
“What? Why did it just change to Chinese?”
“Maybe some of them are Chinese… since like…” she started pointing to each member, “Four of them look more Chinese than Korean.”
“Now that you mention it… Kris, Luhan, Lay and Tao did tell me they came from China…” when the realization hit you, you smacked your cheeks. “I’m so dumb!”
“You are.” Hae Mi agreed. You scowled at her.
“History!” you heard the last part until the song ended. You both clapped and cheered.

“Now that concludes our dance! I hope you had a great time here! Be safe when getting back home, remember, the roads are slippery!” The DJ said before cleaning up the stage.

Exo jumped down from the stage and you ran up to them.
“YAH! What is this?! You didn’t tell me you were performing and the DJ called you and B.A.P a rookie group!” You started to pretend hitting Luhan on the chest, making him flinch every time.
“Well…” Sehun looked down, thinking of words to say. “We wanted to surprise you?” he said innocently. You didn’t believe him.
“Actually it’s half true. We did want to surprise you.” Kris said. “But we are trainees in SM Entertainment, the people who founded this high school. You do know that mostly all of the people in SM High are trainees right?”
“They are?!” you widened your eyes.
“Yup, your friend Ha Jung is a trainee” Baekhyun said.
“She is?! What about me?!”
"Su Jin, calm down!" Luhan hugged you to prevent you from hurting anyone.
“Uhh.. that we don’t know.” Chen said.
“HAE MI!” you turned to your best friend, “Please tell me that you aren’t a trainee in TS High…”
“I am though…” she didn’t want to lie.
“WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT” you screamed and moved around a lot, making Luhan hold you tighter.
“We are going to debut soon!” Tao chimed.
“When?!” you said.
“We don’t know yet…” Xiu Min replied.
“We still have to make teasers. Only the people from TS and SM know about us and B.A.P being the new rookie groups, the whole world doesn’t really know yet.”
“So all 12 of you are going to debut together? Like Super Junior did before (except it was 13)?”
This question made the room quiet. All of them seem to have tensed up. They all formed a circle, except, quietly talking to each other while you were standing outside of the circle, wanting to know what they’re keeping from you.
“We can’t tell you.” 

 


SORRY FOR THE SUPER LATE UPDATE. 
I had a frustrating week. My mom had a week long vacation (Oh it's horrible. She makes everyone do something). I've been doing chores, having a visitor who steals my room from me (but he gets a stare down by my SJ & SHINEE posters every night, muahaha), going to a picnic and getting an slight sunburn. ouch. But yeah. I am going on a camping trip for the weekend. ;A; more sunburns and bug bites for me. yay... -.- It's going to be like 100 degrees. Holy Krisus.
Thank you all for being so patient. I will treat you guys with a triple update when I come back. The story will get even more interesting~
Also, Hello to any new any new subbies! I will send a message of thanks on each of your walls when I come back!  ^^