Jealousy

Hey, Boys! Do You Think I'm Pretty?

Hyosonn was back at the Fact&Fiction cafe, working. Kyubok and Sangmin, ever-so diligently working in the kitchens, managed to sneak her an extra egg tart when she passed by. Hyosonn grinned and quickly ate it whole before any of the snoopy adults could see.

"Hyosonn-ah, it's THAT time again," Hyemi called. "To the register, please."

Hyosonn knew it 'that' time. The amount of girls giggling and talking loudly as they spilled into the cafe were enough for her to know.

A few minutes later, Jaejoong walked in.

boy_jaejoong_-200811131826402.jpg

"A-yo!" Hyosonn waved cheerily. "Wassup, Jaejoong?"

Jaejoong chuckled in amusement as he pulled out his wallet. "You don't even talk to me respectfully, do you? You should call me 'oppa', at least. The usual, please."

"When are you going to stop eating those stupid usuals and try something new for once?" Hyosonn remarked.

"The point of having a 'usual' is that they are what you 'usually' order, so if I buy something new there would be no point, right?" Jaejoong prompted.

"Oh, yeah....." Hyosonn's eyes grew big. "Wow, Jaejoong, you really are smart! Almost as smart as my unnie!"

"Your unnie, really? Well, I'm glad I'm on the same level as your unnie." He stared at Hyosonn curiously before leaning over the counter (the fangirls swooned) and looking Hyosonn right in the eye. "I have a feeling you're troubled about something, Hyosonn-ah."

Hosook, who was passing by, dropped her jaw. Yunil slipped and whipped his head around in shock.

Many of the people, especially the workers and the regular customers who were already used to Hyosonn's nonsensical randomness, were completely nonplussed. Hyosonn had TROUBLES? The world had just come to an end.

"Eh? No, I'm fine, really." Hyosonn grinned and waved her hand goodnaturedly.

Jaejoong tilted his head slightly to one side. "You can tell me, you know. I can help."

Hyosonn hesitated, then said slowly. "Er, well.....actually....."

Then she suddenly wailed loudly and bent over onto the counter, burying her head in her arms. "The truth is, my stupid cousin is coming to stay over in a few weeks, and I'm really stressing out over it!!!"

"I see, I see," Jaejoong comfortingly patted her shoulder. "Why is is stressing?"

"Well, he's kind of an idiot," Hyosonn admitted.

I can't believe SHE'S saying that!!!! Everyone thought to themselves, sweatdropping. Shin facepalmed.

"I'm trying to make friends and ease my way into the society of girly-girlism," Hyosonn explained, looking frustrated but not necessarily irritated. It didn't seem like they EVER found her irritated. "If that overprotective idiot is around, my reputation will go down the drain."

WHAT REPUTATION??!!!

Jaejoong just smiled and nodded understandingly. "I see what you mean. How long will he be staying?"

"Who knows? He sorta just goes around doing whatever he wants."

"Well, he must love you very much to be so overprotective," Jaejoong said reasonably. "I'm sure he won't be as bad as you think. Try to see it from his side, okay?"

Hyosonn shrugged and grinned. "If you say so, Jaejoong. Man, no wonder you're a college kid, you sure know how to make me feel better!"

Jaejoong just chuckled as he paid for his food and ruffled her hair. "See you tomorrow, Hyosonn-ah," he called as he left the cafe, his fans dedicatedly following along behind him.

Only a few minutes after he disappeared, Minho and his friends arrived as well, sitting in their usual seat in the very middle of the room.

"Just on time, guys!" Hyosonn chuckled as Sooyun took over register duties. "Tell me when you're ready to order, 'kay?"

Jonghyun cheerily waved at her, then nudged Minho. "Yah, say hi. That's the least you can do, right?"

"Shut up," Minho growled, but he quickly smiled and waved at Hyosonn too. They always arrived at the cafe exactly after Jaejoong left. This was because Minho got jealous when he saw Hyosonn conversing so easily with Jaejoong. Of course, coming in a bit later than usual sometimes meant the few times he could speak with her would be disrupted if a Beast member entered the cafe.

"Yah, do you really think she's into one of those Beast kingkas?" Key asked curiously. "It seems like she has a really close relationship with them."

"Yeah, but she doesn't look like the kind of girl to be into them that way," Onew argued back. "I mean, does she even know what love is?"

"Hyungs, be quiet! She's coming now!" Taemin hissed, kicking all of them under the table. Minho winced as he rubbed his sore leg. I didn't even say anything!

"So, what'll it be today?" Hyosonn asked cheerfully, taking out her notebook and pen. "Onew, you want chicken, right?"

"You always know exactly what I'm thinking." Onew winked at her in a fail attempt at flirting. Minho scowled and kicked him hard under the table. "Ow!" Onew protested, pouting and rubbing his bruised leg.

"Just water for me, I'm trying to watch my figure," Key sighed dramatically, patting his slim stomach.

"What a pansy," Jonghyun snickered. "I want my usual."

"Why does everyone want usuals?" Hyosonn wondered aloud. "Whatever. What about you, Taemin?"

Taemin smiled cutely at her. "Noona! I want an ice cream sundae!!!"

"In this weather?" She asked curiously. It was the middle of October and the weather was starting to get chilly. The summer days were certainly gone.

Taemin nodded happily. Hyosonn shrugged and wrote it down. "If you get sick, Taeminnie, don't blame me." She turned to Minho. "What do you want?"

Minho flushed slightly. Away from Hyosonn's line of sight, Jonghyun grinned and mouthed "YOU" to Minho, who scowled and dutifully ignored his provoking words. "J-just my usual, please." He stammered.

"Sure," Hyosonn smiled cheerily and walked away. Minho stared after her.

"Are you looking at her ?" Jonghyun pretended to check her out. Minho turned red and punched his shoulder with his long arms. "No, I'm not! I'm not YOU!!!"

The door opened and they all looked up at the tinkling, bell sound. Their jaws dropped (as did many of the girls in the cafe), and Minho's eyebrows furrowed together furiously.

Beast had walked in, looking as haughty and cool as ever, and as usual wearing clothes that looked straight out of a fashion magazine.

a306332ade680406_B2ST.png

"Omo, it's the Cube High kingkas!" The girls whispered excitedly to themselves.

"They're so hot!"

"That blonde one is so cute!"

"I would give anything to be able to date one of them!"

Beast walked along as though they didn't hear anything -- which was practically impossible, since the female customers weren't doing a good job of keeping their voices down. Minho saw a smirk on one of their faces and he instantly felt irritated.

I can't believe Hyosonn pays so much attention to them, he thought bitterly -- and rather jealously too. They seem like nothing but cocky, arrogant, conceited jerks. And from what I've heard of them, they ARE. What does Hyosonn see in them?

He wondered if maybe Hyosonn was attracted to jerks, but instantly drove that thought out of his mind. No way. Hyosonn is an innocent, kind girl who would never be attracted to them. Unless they are seducing her......

"Hey, you guys!" Hyosonn called cheerily from across the room. "What brings you here?"

"We want another special discount!" Yoseob hollered back.

"I can't! Last time I did that, Boss found out and I got the scolding of a lifetime! If I do it again, she'll dock my pay!"

Kikwang laughed at Yoseob's crushed expression and patted his arm. "Told you. She isn't authorized to give special discounts."

"Then why did she give us some last time?" Yoseob demanded.

"'Cause she's stupid, I guess."

Minho's eye twitched angrily.

Hyosonn came back with the dishes for Minho and his friends. She set them down carefully, and looked pleased when she didn't drop anything. "Here you guys go. You better enjoy it -- you won't believe how y the kitchen staff are these days."

Key snorted. "I'd die if I had to work."

"Well, aren't you lucky your parents are rich," Jonghyun muttered sullenly. "I need to find a job fast if I want to buy that new iPod. My parents want me to earn my own money."

"Mine too," Onew added sadly. "If I want something, I have to work my off to earn the money for it."

"What are you complaining about, Onew?" Hyosonn said with a knowing grin. "From what I saw, you work at that chicken restaurant down the street."

Onew instantly stopped looking sad, and smiled deviously. "All the chicken I want at an employee discount....plus, there's this reaaaally hot girl who works there too, I think she might have a thing for me."

"When she finds out chicken comes first in your life before anything, I doubt she'll be interested in you anymore," Jonghyun snorted. "Hey!" Onew yelped. Hyosonn burst out laughing, and she high-fived Taemin, who had doubled over in a fit of laughter.

"YAH!!! WEIRD GIRL!!!" Yoseob suddenly shrieked. Hyosonn jumped up. "Whoops, someone's calling me. Sorry guys, gotta go." She walked away.

"She actually responds to 'weird girl'?" Taemin asked incredulously.

"What's up?" Hyosonn asked Beast. Yoseob was pouting, looking both surly and cute at the same time.

"Don't waste time on them!" He demanded childishly. "WE'RE your coaches, you should be spending more time talking to US!!!"

Hyosonn blinked at him calmly. "But I only see those guys, like, twenty minutes a day, tops. I see YOU guys for, like, six hours at school."

"It's not the same thing!" Yoseob shot at her, crossing his arms and looking even more like a sulking child.

"Aww, I'm sorry, Teddy." Hyosonn ruffled his blonde hair (he irritably swatted her hand away). "I'll take your orders, then. What do you guys want to eat?"

"Ice cream sundae!" Yoseob immediately cheered. Taemin jolted up and narrowed his eyes at Yoseob. Yoseob caught his eye and, when he saw the ice cream sundae already in front of the SM High student, narrowed his eyes as well. Electricity crackled through the air.

"Who is that kid?" Yoseob growled.

Hyosonn followed his line of sight. "Oh, that's Taemin. He's Minho's friend, from SM High. Isn't he cute?"

Yoseob's eye twitched angrily. "I'M way cuter," he said sullenly.

The other Beast members rolled their eyes in unison and shot each other looks.

"Here we go," Doojoon muttered.

"Who does he think he is eating ice cream sundaes in front of me and ordering the same thing as me even though it's a cold October day does he think he's cuter than me well he's not because I'm cuter than everybody and I'm also badass too and he's probably cute inside and out like some sort of one dimensional teddy bear and he'll never be able to beat me because I am an ACTUAL teddy bear Hyosonn even said so --" he continued to rant without stopping or pausing for breath.

Hyosonn filled out the rest of their orders and left to go to the kitchens. Yoseob continued ranting, not even noticing she left.

" -- and Hyosonn calls me Teddy so there!" He finished triumphantly, then looked around. "Where did she go?"

"Do you really think she has nothing else to do but stand there and listen to you rant about how cute you are?" Hyunseung rolled his eyes.

"Seriously, you're even more conceited than I am," Kikwang grinned proudly. "And that's saying something."

Junhyung and Dongwoon were ignored everybody; Junhyung listening to his rock music, and Dongwoon diligently reading another advanced university textbook.

"That's because I AM the cutest thing on earth," Yoseob said proudly. "Watch this." He turned to the female customers (who hadn't stopped watching them the entire time), winked, and waved. The girls squealed loudly and gushed over how cute he is.

Taemin scowled at his own table.

Yoseob turned back around, looking ridiculously proud of himself. Doojoon shook his head. "Honestly, you kids....."

Hyosonn returned with their meals. Yoseob immediately said, "Yah, I'm way cuter than that Taemin kid, right? Right? Right? Right?"

Hyosonn looked back and forth between them. "Hmmm.......I dunno. Maybe. You have your moments."

"That's not a definite answer," Kikwang grinned. "By the way, the uniform doesn't suit you."

"It doesn't?" Hyosonn gawked and stared at her uniform. "But everyone said I looked cute in it!"

"Looking cute and looking cute in a uniform are two totally different things," Kikwang grinned evilly.

Doojoon sighed. "Enough, Kikwang. Just eat."

Kikwang shrugged and turned to his meal.

Yoseob was still pouting. "I'm way cuter," he muttered.

"Are you jealous that Weird Girl thinks that Taemin kid is cuter?" Dongwoon snickered.

Yoseob flushed red. "No."

"You totally are, hyung, it's written all over your face. You're jealous that she thinks he's cuter, and you're probably in denial because you want her to acknowledge you as the cutest."

Yoseob scowled darkly. "So what? Why should I be jealous of what that Weird Girl thinks? I don't even care about her! Why, do YOU?"

Dongwoon shrugged. "She's not as bad as I thought she was. To be honest, she actually makes math class interesting. She even manages to drag Junhyungie hyung to class with her."

"Don't ing bring that up," Junhyung grumbled.

"Why not? Come on, admit it, hyung. She's not that bad, right?"

Junhyung hesitated, before saying slowly, "She's okay."

Kikwang grinned. "Do you like her?"

"NO." Junhyung spat.

"What about her pretty friend? You know, that cute one with the short hair. Weird Girl Number Two."

"NO." Junhyung growled, starting to rise from his chair.

"Sit down, Junhyung," Doojoon ordered him firmly. "Kikwang was just teasing."

Junhyung slowly sat back down, the tips of his ears red. He furiously ate in silence, ignoring everybody. Kikwang snickered, completely unfazed, and resumed eating and checking out the girls scattered around the cafe.

"I'm not jealous!" Yoseob demanded childishly.

Beast sighed. "WE KNOW."