2.

Too Late, Too Far

 

Taemin wishes that he can never wake up. He wants to drift away into somewhere nice with the existence of ‘happily ever after’. But he knows that it can never come true because right now, he hears a small shuffle and he feels someone climbing onto the bed, with him. And those familiar arms pull him into a warm embrace, a voice laced with overwhelming love singing softly to him. 
 
Then a kiss on the forehead. “Goodnight, Taeminnie.” 
 
Then those arms pull away, careful not to move Taemin too much. Taemin waits for the right moment as his fingers clench around the bed sheets nervously. He feels the person getting up and he stretches out quickly, pulling his hand down. 
 
“Minho hyung!” 
 
He let his eyes adjust to the darkness and his hand squeezing Minho’s own hand gently. He breathes in and tugs at the older boy’s hand. “Hyung.” 
 
“Taeminnie.” 
 
“Come here,” Taemin demands, almost weakly. But Minho complies anyway, sitting on the edge of the bed with a nervous gaze. Taemin knows Minho isn’t going to go any further so he sits up and crawl towards the older boy. “Hyung.” 
 
“What is it?” Minho asks huskily, avoiding Taemin’s stare. 
 
“Can you just look me?” Taemin makes his way to sit on Minho’s lap, very innocently in fact, and cups Minho’s chin. “Hyung.” 
 
Minho swallows and looks. “Yeah?” 
 
“What was that for?” Taemin questions. Before Minho can ask what he’s talking about, Taemin adds on. “The lullaby, the hug, the kiss,” Taemin points to his forehead. 
 
Minho sighs, sadly. “I know I’ve been the worst boyfriend ever and you probably want to break up with me but, I know. I know how you get nightmares when you feel upset, so I did that to wash it all away,” Minho tucks a strand of Taemin’s hair, behing his ear tenderly. “Like I always do.” 
 
“I-I… I don’t want to break up with you, hyung,” Taemin whispers, leaning his forehead against Minho’s. “I don’t want to. But Key-” 
 
“I don’t care who’s hurt, I love you. And you’re all that matters,” Minho leans in for a short kiss. And another one. And another one. “I’m sorry. I’m sorry for being such an idiot. I‘m the worst.”
 
“Hyung, you’re not the worst,” Taemin whimpers, latching his lips on Minho’s neck for a while, giving a small nip as a sign of affection- Minho absolutely adores the maknae. 
 
“Then I’m not too late, am I?” 
 
“I’ll always wait for you to be here with me,” Taemin says softly. “Always.” 

 

Hi~ Here's your extremely late sequel. ._. - haru