The One

You Are The One

“Oppa!”

I turned my head to the source of the familiar voice. My sister Jiwon was waving cheerfully from the front porch of a cafe. I came over and kissed her cheeks.

“Eating alone?” I .

“No way! I’m not a loner like you!” She punched my arm. “I’m having lunch with Yoona, she’s on her way here. Join us?”

I shook my head.

“Sorry. Can’t. I gotta run some errands and get back to the hospital.” I said.

“Run an errand for that person that made you fell in love?” She said with a curious tone. I was taken aback.

“Wha... How do you know?!” I asked in disbelieve.

She scoffed.

“Oppa! You’re underestimating my detective skill!”

“That doesn’t answer my question, Jiwon.” I said sternly.

“It’s too obvious, Oppa! First, you never go out from the hospital even for lunch when you’re on duty except for something extremely important, thus, whatever errands you’re doing right now must be an errand for an important someone. Second, you’re practically glowing. Third, you smell of pheromones. And lastly, you were shocked when I said you fell in love. It kinda confirmed everything.” Then she giggled.

I pat her on the head and smiled.

“You did well, you did well.  Good girl!”

She pushed my hand away.

“So when do I get to meet the lucky person?! Can I tell Umma and Appa about this?” She asked eagerly.

“I already told Umma that I’m bringing him to see her and Appa this weekend, so yeah, you better be home if you want to meet my future wife.” I said proudly.

She raised her eyebrows.

“Wait, him?!” She asked in confusion.

I smiled and nodded.

“Yes, him. He’s the most beautiful man I’ve ever seen! You’ll see! I gotta go now. See you on Saturday!” I said a ran away from her.

I rushed to Kyuhyun’s apartment. It’s been 2 weeks since I found him this close to dying. I tend to him personally, trying to make sure he recovers from all the scars from his past. He’s being discharged today, so I went to his apartment to get his things and just happened to run into Jiwon on my way.

I was in the middle of folding Kyuhyun’s t-shirt when I hear somebody knock on the door and called for Kyuhyun. I walked to get the door, but apparently the guest had let herself in.

“Kyuhyun... Whe................ Si-Siwon?” the girl asked.

“Yes. May I know who you -? I said but was cut by the guest.

“Siwon! What are you doing here?” She asked a little harshly.

“I’m folding Kyuhyun’s clothes.” I answered.

“So you’re back?! Where have you been?! Did you know that Kyu was broken? Did you even care?!” She was practically yelling.

“Back? What are you talking about?! I never went... ah! I know! I think you mistook me for Park Siwon.” I extended my arm, offering a handshake, “I am Siwon, Choi Siwon.”

She took my hands, and looked utterly confused.

“Wait, you’re Siwon? But not that Siwon? Then who are you? How come you look exactly like him? Tell me the truth. Are you toying with me, Park Siwon?! Where’s my baby brother? Where’s Kyuhyun?!” she demanded.

“Wow, so many questions, but I‘ll try to answer all that I can. As I told you earlier, my name is Choi Siwon, not Park Siwon. I don’t know Park Siwon, I have never seen him before, so I can’t tell you whether I agree being said alike or how is it possible that we’re so much alike. Kyuhyun is in the hospital now, don’t worry, he’s fine. So, I’m guessing you’re Kyuhyun’s older sister, Cho Ara?”

She was still confused, was hanging over like she was trying to say something. In the end “How?” was the only word that came out from her lips. So I invited her to sit and talk in the living room. I can’t be long because Kyuhyun was waiting for me in the hospital, but it’s not much to tell anyway.

I started with how I met Kyuhyun and why Kyuhyun wound up in the hospital. It shocked her to hear about it, I could see tears dwelling on the corner of her eyes. But when I convinced her that Kyuhyun was okay and will be okay, she calmed down a bit. Then I continued with how I felt about Kyuhyun and how things evolved around us in such a short time. I told her I loved Kyuhyun, and I wanted to take care of Kyuhyun. I even asked him to marry me, and he said yes. And with that, Ara went through another shock.

“Married?! But...???!!! How long have you guys known each other?! Do you think you’ve had enough time together to even consider of getting married?!” she asked.

I smiled.

“Dimples!” Ara cut me before I had the chance to speak, “Park Siwon didn’t have dimples. You, have beautiful dimples.” She smiled.

I chuckled. They’re siblings alright!

“Kyuhyun also said that when he first saw me. And I’m really thankful for these dimples because apparently they have this ability to make Kyuhyun, and you, smile to me. Anyway, I know that I have only known Kyuhyun for two weeks, but for love at first sight, two weeks is more than long enough time to consider such a simple thing like marriage.” I said shyly, images of Kyuhyun smiling and laughing and whining cutely filled my thoughts as I said those words.

Then I saw Ara smiled again. But the smile soon turned to frown.

“A simple thing, you think marriage is a simple thing...” she muttered.

“Yes. I love him, he loves me, I want to spend the rest of my life with him, and he agrees. What’s not simple about that?” I asked.

She scoffed.

“My father, although I know he regrets every day the moment Kyuhyun stepped out of our house, but he may not accept you, just like he cannot accept Park Siwon.” She said heavily.

I tried to keep smiling, but I let my voice be clear. I have to keep being friendly, but she also had to know that I was being dead serious.

“As you should know by now, Ara-ssi, I am not Park Siwon. And I have heard about your parents. If being accepted by you and your father means happiness for Kyuhyun, then I will try anything to win your blessings, but if it only adds burdens for Kyuhyun, then I’m sorry, but I will not care about any of your family business.” I said sternly.

Cho Ara stared at me as if she was studying me or something. Then she smiled again.

“I love him, too, Siwon-ssi. He’s my baby brother after all. It’s just that, my parents didn’t like that Park Siwon guy, and neither did I. I’m not sure what, but I always felt like there’s something off with that guy. I may not be a good sister for Kyuhyun, I know I could have done more for him, but I still care for his happiness. And now, having seen you and talked to you, I think I can trust you with my brother. I can see that you really cared about him. And I like you. I’ll help you get along with my father. But mark my words, Siwon-ssi, if you hurt my baby brother even just a little bit, you’re gonna have to face my wrath, and believe me, I may not look like it, but I’m a really strong and hot tempered girl.” She said then chuckled at the end.

“Well, looks like we’re on the same side, then." I chuckled with her, then continued, “I think you’ll get along with my younger sister really well, she likes to threaten people too.” I laughed and she laughed along.

“It’s been nice talking to you, Ara-ssi... Good to know that Kyuhyun still has a sister who cares for him. But I really have to go, Kyuhyun is being discharged today, and I’m just here to get some clothes for him. He’s probably waiting for me right now.” I said politely.

“Ah, I bet he is waiting rather impatiently, and pouting too, I believe.” Ara chuckled again.

She told me she will talk to her father and arrange a meeting for me and Kyuhyun with the family, but I have to convince Kyuhyun about it first. I agreed. She asked me if she can see Kyuhyun in the hospital, but I told her they would better wait. I have to talk to Kyuhyun about it first, although I know he misses his family, but he may not be ready for such a sudden surprise.

So I bid her farewell. Then I rushed back to the hospital. By the time I get to Kyuhyun’s room, he was already pouting cutely, exactly the way Ara had predicted.

“Choi Siwon... What took you so long??” he whined.

I pinched his cheeks.

“What did I tell you to call me?!” I asked him.

“Siwon-hyuuuung...” he whined again, “let gooo... It hurts...”

I rubbed Kyuhyun’s cheeks lovingly. He grinned. It’s very hard to believe that this cute person almost wound up taking his own life out of despair. I never want to see this kid being sad ever again. I felt something warm in my chest as I stare at his fair and beautiful face.

“I ran into Jiwon on my way to your apartment.” I said.

“Jiwon, your sister?” Kyuhyun asked.

I nodded.

“She’s very curious about you. She can’t wait to see you this weekend.”

Kyuhyun sighed.

“Are we really going to meet your family?” He asked.

“Of course, babe... I already confirmed to my mom that we’re coming over on Saturday.”

I saw Kyuhyun hesitated for a second, so I tried to convince him more.

“Look babe, we’re not meeting my parents to get judged. I wouldn’t care whether they like you or not. It wouldn’t matter. We’re meeting them because they have the right to know you. They deserve a chance to see what I see in you. So, don’t worry, okay? Everything’s gonna be fine. Alright babe?”

Kyuhyun blushed.

“Alright.” He said, “Just, stop calling me babe! It’s embarrassing.”

“But why?! You’re my baby.” I .

“You’re annoying.” Kyuhyun responded.

“And you’re mine.” I said.

“Shut up.” Kyuhyun blushed again.

“I love you.” I hug him.

“Whatever.” Kyuhyun pouted.

I laughed at his cuteness. I stared at his apple cheeks for as long as I can before he wriggled in my embrace, asking for a release. I ruffled his hair.

“Oh, I met your sister today.” I said lightly.

Kyuhyun’s eyes went wide. Just the expression I had expected.

“Ara?! You met my sister Ara? How? When? Where?” He demanded.

“She came to your apartment when I was picking your clothes. She, misses you.” I said with a smile, trying to pass her warm feelings towards her little brother.

Kyuhyun looked down. I could see emotion struggled on his face. It almost looked like he didn’t know how to react to the fact that his sister missed him too. Minutes passed when Kyuhyun decided to speak.

“I missed her too.” Was all Kyuhyun could manage to say. Then I saw a single tear dropped on the floor. He was crying, my Kyuhyun was crying.

“Susshhh.... Hush now baby, don’t cry...” I pulled him into a tight hug. He buried his face on my chest and cried silently. I rubbed his back trying to soothe his muffled cries.

“She approves of us, babe... She’s sorry she couldn’t do much for you before, but she’s happy that we’re together now. She really does. And she wants to see you soon.” I said again.

Kyuhyun looked up to me, his eyes twinkling with sheds of tears.

“Now you better stop crying. And you better start to eat a lot, too. So when your sister sees you, she’ll know for sure that you’re happy and healthy with me.” I said smiled then kissed the tip of his perfect-shaped nose.

Kyuhyun nodded. We hugged again for a while until I shooed him to the bathroom to change into his clothes. I took care of the papers and checked him out while he was getting dressed. I went home with Kyuhyun and stayed over for the night. That night, as I held Kyuhyun in my arms, I thought. It’s been a long day, but it ended rather well.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm really sorry, I haven't written for so long... And once I do, it got waaaay longer than I planned. This is maybe just half on the chapter I'm currently writing. I was thinking of splitting it here, and continued the rest on the next chapter. But that would mean this will not be a three-shot. I'm frustrated.... It's getting too boring... I'll try to write the rest, and see if I can squeeze it into one chapter.

~I'm sorry...~