o2 ; the girl

I Told You I Want To Die

 

I couldn’t fit in, at least not right away. It wasn’t in me to make friends easily. That was part of the reason why eomma and appa decided to move away to a new environment. They thought that perhaps the change could somehow bring me out of my shell.

Ever since then, I feel incredibly grateful towards them. No words could comprehend the happiness I experienced in the new neighbourhood, with the new people and new friends.

My two best friends.

I initially clicked with Minhyuk first. He’s sensitive towards people’s feelings and he’s very attentive. He’s the first one to tell that something is bothering me and he’ll approach me about it even when I don’t say a word. He’s quiet, yes; but he’s full of wisdom. In short, he’s the perfect brother that I’ve never owned and I know I will love him till the end of time.

Woohyun. Nam Woohyun.

What a troublemaker that boy is. He’s the prankster among us and he’s always pulling us down along with him. Nonetheless, he’s the annoying brat that we can’t help but adore. The mood-maker of the group, the light that shines in times of our darkness – he’s the glue that keeps us together.

 Many thought that because I’m the girl, I’m the missing piece to the big puzzle. No, Woohyun is the key to our friendship. He’s the one who brought us together and he’s our linkage.

Without him, we break.

I break.

I crumble.

I shatter.

 

I will love him, till death do us part.

 

I don’t know where I am anymore. One second, I was sitting in the car, crying hysterically to Minhyuk on the phone. After receiving the upsetting news, he was the first person I called. I needed comfort, assurance...anything to make me feel secure.

I felt like I’m this close to losing Woohyun and I just couldn’t bear the thought.

I can’t bear imagining life without Woohyun.

And then, I saw the bright glaring lights. I heard the loud, deafening sounds. I felt the phone slipping out of my hand and my grip on the wheel tightening as I tried to swerve away.

But I failed.

I failed staying strong.

 

“This place is beautiful, isn’t it?”

I look around for the source of the voice. I recognise that voice. I know it by heart. I can practically feel the warmness that comes with it.

I feel him wrapping his hands around my eyes gently. My lips curved up outwardly, knowing fully well who they belong to.

My own hands reach up to touch his. I slip my fingers in between his and smile as I say, “Where have you been? I thought you weren’t coming back.”

“I’m sorry,” I hear him saying and a second later I see his face right in front of my eyes. That familiar playful grin with the mischievous glint in his eyes makes me feel safe and warm once again. Makes me feel at home again.

“Traffic jam,” he replies shortly, his usual answer for being late. I stick out my bottom lip at him, crossing my arms in defiance. Not that I’m that mad though, I just love teasing him that way.

“Chorong-ah...” he cooed, tickling my chin playfully. I squirm away in response and stand up quickly to avoid being tickled further by the boy who knows all my weakest points.

Woohyun gets up on his two feet too, and before I can even move further away, he grabs hold of my waist from behind and spins me around until I laugh out loud gleefully.

The hits of protests to his body aren’t enough to make him stop though.

“Woohyun-ah!” I shriek out loud when he continues to poke me at the sides. “I...I can’t stand it,” I gasp, trying to catch hold of my breath. “S-stop tickling me...”

After what it seems like eternity, he finally puts me down yet his arm never left me. He pulls me closer to him until I could feel his hot breath tingling down my nape. I smile in pleasure at this gesture.

“Park Chorong...” he whispers softly, his lips grazing my ear lightly. “Remember the promise that we made when we were 10 years old?”

My eyebrows cease as I try to recall back those pinkie promises that we made when we still kids.

“The one with Minhyuk too?” I guess.

“No,” he replies quietly and leaves trail of kisses down my neck. I shiver in excitement. Woohyun’s kisses always felt magical and beautiful. Makes me feel like I’m the only girl in this world.

In his world.

“The one that only the two of us promised each other.”

I smile instantly, realising what he was talking about.

At once, I can feel the tears b in my eyes. I don’t know why though. Perhaps, because I’m too overwhelmed with happiness being in Woohyun’s arms. Or I’m just thankful for his presence in my life.

In short, that moment...the particular moment with only the two of us...

...feels like heaven.