08

The Day I Met That Jerk

L. Joe's POV:

Just like every Saturday morning of mine, I was lying on the bed listening to Simple Plan's Jet Lag when umma called me from outside.

"Byunghyun! Byunghyun ah! Lee Byunghyun ah!" She called.

I turned the music off and got up from the bed and head out of the room.

"Waeyo umma?" I asked.

"Come down and eat breakfast. I have something to ask you." She said and I did as she told.

We sat at the dining table where bacon, waffles and pancakes were prepared.

"I heard about your new girlfriend." My mom sternly said.

"What about her?" I asked while chewing the bacon.

"Well your aunt and uncle Hwang are throwing a party, and they insist that you bring her with us there as well." mom said.

"They seem to really like her. Your aunt and uncle won't stop praising and talking highly of her." My mom added.

"Okay, so that's it?" I asked.

"No. I still have something to ask." Mom said.

"You brought her to that party. Why did you not introduce her to me first before you brought her there?" She asked.

"Since when can you have time for introductions?" I defended.

" I know you Lee Byunghyun. You've had a lot of girlfriends for the past few years but you didn't bring any of them to social parties." Mom said.

"No wonder you hated the idea being Lizzy's for the party!" Mom added.

"So I brought her there? Is there something wrong with that?" I asked.

" No, I'm just saying that if she is a girl worth bringing around to those things, then don't you think I would have wanted to meet her?" My mom asked.

"Oh, you'll get to see her someday." I said.

"How about during the party then?" My mom smiled.

"Sure." I said.


Your POV:

Just like every saturday of mine..

I'm working my off at a pet shop washing dogs and pampering them to help my dad pay for our house mortgage.

"These dogs don't know how lucky they are."

While I was humming to myself my phone rang.

"Appa knows that I'm working right now. Why call?" I asked.

" Jieun sshi, can you help me with this for a while? I need to take this call." I asked.

Then an unknown number appeared. I hesitated to answer it for a while but then answered it.

"Yeoboseo?"

"Miss me?" The familliar voice said.

It's that guy. Yeah, I didn't save his number on my phone.

"Of course not L. Joe." I said.

"What do you want?" I ask.

"I knew it. You're curious to why I called.

What if I say I missed you?" L. Joe teased.

"Stop playing around or I'll hang up." I warned.

"Still fiesty after all we've been through? I like that." L. Joe said.

"Fine. I won't bother you any longer. I need you to go to my uncle's party tomorrow as my girlfriend." L. Joe said in a serious tone.

"What?!" I shouted and the customers looked at me oddly.

"Sorry." I said and bowed to them.

"Are you crazy? Why would I do that?" I whispered to the phone.

"Why couldn't you? You did so well the last time that my aunt and uncle was impressed and they personally wanted to invite you." L. Joe said.

"Really?" I asked.

"Yes." L. Joe responded.

"Still I won't go." I said.

"Why not?" L. Joe asked.

" I have a job to attend to. Unlike you, money for my family doesn't grow on trees. I have to work for it." I sarcastically said.

" Money is the problem? Then I'll pay you to go with me. That way you won't have to feel bad." He said.

"Even if you pay me, I can't afford to buy clothes and all that rich kid stuff you guys wear." I said.

"No problem. The clothes you'll be wearing is on its way to your house right now." L. Joe said.

"All you have to do now is say yes." He said over the phone.

That is how I got my job as L. Joe's pretend girlfriend.

 

 


Author's Note:

hello everyone ^^

I hope you like this chapter :)

happy monday-sunday to you guys out there! <3

short update again.. haha. i can't come up with more events for this chapter.

More romance for the next succeding chapters though because she's now his "Fake girlfriend." lol.

i'm planning on making a chunji fic next.. but im still not sure.. :3

guys! remember to comment! because i dont bite :D