09

The Day I Met That Jerk
 
 
3rd POV/ Narrator's POV:
 
It was now your third time attending parties as L. Joe's pretend girlfriend, you were quite used to it now. To all the fancy drinks, smiling and chatting with people. 
You used to think these things were really easy and useless, but now that you have been to some of it, you realized that it is not just about just the smiling and greeting people but it is also one way to build connections and promote your business.
The party today was held by Chunji's grandfather, you weren't really supposed to go as L. Joe's date today but L.Joe 's mom decided to attend the party as well, that is why L. Joe called you up in the last minute to go together with him.
An hour after L. Joe called you up, your doorbell rang. An unknown ahjussi wearing tuxedo was standing in your doorstep.
" Are you perhaps miss Choi ~~?" He asked you.
"Neh, that's me. Is there any problem sir?" You asked him.
"Young Master Lee, asked me a favor to give something to you. Please wait a moment." He said.
He went back to his black car for a moment and got a huge box out from his car.
"What is. L.Joe trying to pull out this time?" You thought.
He handed to you the big pink box. "Young master wanted you to wear this tomorrow." He said and left.
"L.Joe bought me another dress?" You thought and brought it inside your house to try on.
You opened the box and found not only a dress but also a pair of high heeled shoes and a small purse. You tried it on and everything was a perfect fit, for once you looked more different than how you used to look. This time you looked like a princess.
"Is it even possible to look like this?" You thought.
 
The next day, L.Joe drove all the way to your house and waited for you to come out.
When you finally came out, L. Joe's jaw almost dropped. You looked different that he could not almost recognize you. Your hair was tied neatly up and the sparkly dress just complimented your skin, face and every part of your body.
And now that you are also staring at him with your innocent confused look, he tried his very best to control himself not to grab you and kiss you right now.
"Ready?" L.joe asked and you nodded, with that L.joe stepped on the gas and headed to Chunji's hotel where the party is being held.
 
By the time you arrived the hotel lobby was already filled with guests, there are a lot of people than you expected it to have. They are even influential, the Vice President of Korea was even here. You were pretty embarrassed and nervous at the same time.
How can a person like you deserve to even be here? Especially when you are just a fake girlfriend whom L.Joe here is paying for.
L.Joe noticed your reaction, he suddenly held your hand and smiled at you. 
"It's alright, don't me nervous, you're with me remember?" He reminded you.
L.Joe held your hand while walking into the crowd and entering to greet Chunji's grandfather.
"President Lee." He bowed.
"Oh, Byunghun ah! It's been a while since I last saw you." Chunji's grandfather smiled while he take another sip on his wine.
"Neh, Congratulations on your successful partnership with the London school of culinary arts and happy birthday to you as well." L. Joe told him.
"Well, thank you Byunghun. Now, where is your mother? Is she planning on coming?" He asked.
"She's probably just out here somewhere." L. Joe told him while President Lee's gaze landed on me as if he did not notice you with L.Joe earlier.
"Byunghun ah, who is this lovely lady accompanying you tonight?" He asked.
" President Lee, this is my girlfriend Choi ~~, ~~ this is Chunji's grandfather Preisdent Lee." L. Joe introduced.
"Annyeong haseyo." You greeted.
" Byunghun ah, I like her. She is lovely and polite." President Lee nodded.
" You and my grandson Chanhee are indeed best friends. I think ~~ is also close to Chanhee's ideal type." Preisdent Lee added with a smirk.
You felt L.Joe tense up with the subject, but before president Lee could even say anything again, he already excused himself and walked away dragging you along.
"I don't really understand what President Lee was saying back there." You told L. Joe
"Never mind what he said." L.joe said.
"By the way ~~ that dress looks pretty y on you today do you know that?" L.joe whispered in your ear making you blush.
"ert. You intended to buy me this dress and tell me that didn't you?" You told him and he paused for a while.
"W-what are you saying? I didn't buy you that dress." L.joe said.
"You mean some ghost just dropped the box off into my house?" You asked him when someone one suddenly cut off your conversation.
"Byunghun ah, can I have you for a second?" His aunt called.
"Let's go." L.joe said as he was about to grab your hand when your slipped.
"You go ahead. I'll just go and sit somewhere to wait for you." You told him.
"Alright I'll get back to you in a second." He said and gave you a last look before he turned away.
 
After walking into the corner of the room you found a mini bar and decided to sit over there.
"Drinks for you madam?" The bartender asked.
"Cocktail only please." You ordered when suddenly someone sat beside you.
"Hey there miss." A Casanova looking guy in his mid twenties approached you. You didn't know what to do and so you just decided to ignore him and take a sip of your drink. A minute later he spoke again.
" Not talking to me eh? You must be lonely." The guy said.
"I'm not." You defended.
"Can I ask your name then? " he asked.
"Why should I when I do not even know you?" You excused, you reminded yourself to be extra careful in giving away your personal info especially to guys like him.
"Oh, sorry I forgot. My name is Lee Jonghyun and I go to Harvard University. I'm actually here to celebrate my grandfather's birthday." He said and gave you a wink.
"Grandfather's birthday? So he's related to Chunji as well?" You thought but some thing in his look makes you feel uneasy as if you wanted to run away from him.
"Now do you mind if I ask you your name?" He asked again.
" Jonghyun hyung!" Someone from behind called. The both of you looked behind and found Chunji who was now walking his way towards the both of you.
You mentally thanked Chunji for arriving at this time before this guy Jonghyuneven tries a move on you.
"Hey ~~ ah! It's good to see you here." Chunji smiled which made your heart do a flip.
"You know each other?"Jonghyun asked.
"Yeah, she's a friend of mine." Chunji said.
"Hyung you just got back and you're flirting around with the girls again?" Chunji nagged.
"Why. What's wrong with it?" Jonghyun frowned.
"Imo asked me to look for you." Chunji said and with that Jonghyun stood up from the seat beside you and left while Chunji sat on it.
"Now I know where your genes of flirting came from." You .
" I'm glad the dress fits you well." Chunji said and your eyes grew big from what you just heard.
"You're the one who gave this to me?" You asked him and he nodded.
"Remember I did not only invite L. Joe but I also invited you here. I was worried you might have a hard time choosing what to wear so I personally have it ordered and asked butler Yong to deliver it your home." He explained.
Though Chunji knew that you were working for L.Joe, he secretly hoped that you would go tonight not as L. Joe's date but as Choi ~~ yourself. That is why he was slightly disappointed when he saw you on the lobby earlier holding L. Joe's hand and when he saw his cousin now flirting with you, he couldn't help but be mad his best friend for leaving you with his cousin and for Jonghyun for trying a move on you.
He wanted to punch his cousin for looking at you like that, but then he knew better not to do anything that could cause attention in a place like this.
He knew Jonghyun would be back to look for you, and he must do something for him to not find you.
"~~ ah. Would you want to take a walk with me?" Chunji asked politely which you gave a nod to.
the both of you stepped out of the hotel and strolled on the garden behind, under the shining moonlight.