No

If You Had To Choose...

CHAPTER 6

 

(Myeong Ji’s POV)

 

Upon arriving home, I was instantly met with Doojoon scolding me about just running out. I was told I could get lost or kidnapped and no one would know -- Clearly he was blind to all the blood on my arm.

 

I realize that Doojoon was probably just having a panic attack because I rushed out when I did, but the fact that he is completely oblivious to my condition amuses me. Clearly all of those times I tried to be so quiet when sneaking out were a waste of time -- I could’ve just walked out the front door instead of sneaking through my window.

 

As I wrapped a clean bandage around my bleeding arm noticed that Doojoon had shut up. I turned to look at him and found him staring at my arm.

 

So now he notices…

 

“Myeong Ji…”

 

I just rolled my eyes.

 

“Myeong Ji-ah, what happened?” He asked urgently, pointing at my now bandaged arm.

 

“I fell out a tree and a branch cut my arm.” I lied. I wonder if he'll noticed that I lied.

 

“Ji, we both know that is a lie.” He said, staring coldly at me. "You don't even climb trees -- tell the truth."

 

“What truth?!” I started ranting. “It’s not like I was at that old abandoned park swinging when some creeper came with a butcher knife and told me that if I didn’t stay away from you then he’ll kill me. No! That didn’t happen at all.” I said sarcastically

 

“What?!” He yelled

 

Oops… did I just say that...?

 

I laughed awkwardly rubbing the back of my neck nervously. "Yeah- I mean- Like that could-" I tried to find a way to explain, but I just could find a way to cover for what I just blurted out so I just went with plan B; Run to my bedroom and hope I'm faster than he is.

 

“Oh, no you don’t! Come back here!” He yelled.

 

I could hear him running after me, but luckily for me, and very unfortunately for him, I made it into a bedroom before he caught me and slammed the door right in his face. I then quickly locked the door, because if we were to struggle over the handle he’d most definitely overpower me.

 

“So Myeong Ji!” He yelled suddenly, banging on my door. Of course my reaction to that was falling on the floor in shock.

 

“You open this door right now!” he continued.

 

“I don’t want to!” I yelled, crawling my way over to the bed and laying on it

 

“You can’t stay in there forever, Myeong Ji!-”

 

“Watch me!” I cut him off.

 

“UGH!” I heard him groan; before I heard him footsteps recede down the hall.

 

I sighed. That was a close call… but… why was I running from him anyway?

 

What would Doojoon do to me if he caught me?

 

He’d probably force the truth out of me and then comfort me. So why did I run then? Why does being close to Doojoon scare me, now?

 

Then I remembered what that creeper told me in the park...

 

"There is no way I can get away from him in two days..." I mumbled to myself.