너 나 알아 (You Know Me)

If You Had To Choose...

 

Chapter 16

 

(So Myeong Ji’s POV)

 

“Noona! How can you like a guy like that?!” Wuhan complained, stomping ahead of me.

“Oh, calm down, Wuhan-ah. It’s not your problem.” I said, patting him on the head, taking a seat at the bar.

 

“-But he’s such a jerk Noona!” He complained, jumping in the chair beside me.

 

“Yah! You aren’t allowed to sit at the bar-“ But before I could even begin my rant he was already out of his seat and running towards a skinny, nerdy looking man with golden brown hair.

 

“Hyung!” He yelled, rushing towards the man and bowing low.

 

Wow… he actually got Wuhan to bow. I have so much respect for this guy already…

 

“Hello, Hyung.” Xue greeted, walking calmly up to the man and bowing.

 

“I’m sorry we’re not open-“ I started, ready to inform the man, but was cut off my Min Jae.

 

“Unni, this is my cousin, Hyunseung.” She said, hugging his arm.

 

“Oh” I said, standing up, bowing slightly. “Nice to meet you, Hyunseung-ssi, I’m Myeong Ji.” I introduced myself, bowing once again.

 

“I know. We’ve met before.” He said, smiling warmly at me. He did look familiar…

 

“Hospital” He said, after he noticed me trying to place him in my memory.

 

I felt like I had just had an epiphany.

 

“Hyunseung!” I practically screamed, rushing forward and hugging him. I have no idea why I was so comfortable with him when I had only met him once before, but I felt a strange connection with him.

 

He just laughed, hugging me back.

 

“I guess I don’t need to give any awkward introductions.” Min Jae said suggestively, smirking and quirking up an eyebrow, a smile threatening to break out on her face.

 

I just blushed and let go of Hyunseung.

 

“Anyway, I’ll take the boys off your hands for now, Unni. –But you’re taking them back at 10 when I go out with the girls!” She called, shoving the boys out the door.

 

I just waved as she left. I turned around to be faced with Hyunseung’s chest.

 

“You’re not leaving?” I asked, staring up at him.

 

“Should I?” He asked suggestively, turning slightly towards the door.

 

“No!” I said a little too quickly. “I mean, no.” I tried to cover.

 

He just laughed slightly at me. Great, how embarrassing…

 

“Ah! Hyunseung-ssi! Glad you made it!” Wooyoung shouted happily from the second floor.

 

I looked up curiously. Wooyoung knew Hyunseung?

 

“-And I see you’ve already met our waitress, Myeong Ji. Wonderful~” He praised. “She’ll show the ropes! Have fun!” He called before turning and wandering off somewhere.

 

I turned back to Hyunseung, ready to question him, when he bowed suddenly.

 

“Hello, I’m Jang Hyunseung and I am the new bartender. I will work hard so please take care of me.” He announced before standing straight again. “-But for you miss Myeong Ji, please call me Oppa.”

 

I was shocked for a minute. How could someone look so attractive…

 

“Yah!” I screamed when I suddenly registered what he said. “Who says you’re older?!”