The Bell

Design Me

*sound of an alarm clock*

Stepmother: "Aigoo~ look at you, still in bed? GET UP SUMJO OR YOU'LL BE LATE AND I REFUSE TO GIVE YOU A RIDE!"

That's my step mother yelling at me. *tch* who does she think she is?

"I'm up, I'm up. No need to shout so early in the morning."

"HA! what morning? It's already past 12."

"무슨!! 정말?! AISH!!" ("What!! Really?! Aish!!")

After tripping over my pant leg and fumbling through my drawer and backpack I managed to make it out of the house in time to catch the next bus. haha funny thing is, I was so caught up in the moment that I forgot how to properly button up a shirt. I somehow managed to make it all the way to my glamorous school without noticing. Want to know how i found out...

*Door slams open*

"아, 미안합니다, 선생님!!" ("ah, Sorry teacher!!")

I felt myself being pushed to the side, to find another kid was late as well...

 Random kid: "너무 늦게 해요! 죄송 합니다 !!!" ("I am late too, I'm sorry!!!")

 Teacher: "예, 예, 지금 자리를 가지고." ("Yes, Yes, Now take a seat.")

 Me and the Kid: "예!!" ("YES SIR!!")

So we took our seats. Surprisingly we sat right next to each other. I didn't know if I should feel happy that I wasn't the only kid to be late and the fact that I'm technically alone is this class since all my friends are in a different major that I can make a new friend OR if I should feel embarrassed. Later I learned that I should have just went with the embarrassed approach.haha~ Anyways I decided I'm going to talk to him with confidence...

 Me: "So why are you late?"

When he turned towards me he stared for a few seconds...

"Your shirt."

at first I was confused, but then i looked down...

"aha, Sorry about that."

"No biggy."

We were silent for a good three seconds then ended up staring at eatch other again. We had this odd I-remember-you-from-somewhere feeling rush by..

*at the same time* "Kim SumJo?!" "Lee JinKi?!"

*--* "Yeah!"

*--* "hahaha~"

Before:Onew, Lee Jinki, high school photoAfter:Lee Jinki, Onew

Lee Jinki is my childhood buddy. I called him Onew and he called my Sunny, as a joke since my full American name is SummerJoi. He is older than me by like two months. During middle school his family moved to a different part of South Korea so he had to transfer. We never kept contact since none of us had a phone...

 Me: "Wow, I didn't recognize you because your hair is different and your voice is deeper."

Onew: "Same here! I mean your hair is shorter and your voice is more confident. I remember you used to hate to talk."

Asian me, isn't she pretty!! <3

"Haha, I had to grow out of it when you left."

"I know. And I feel like I should apologize to you."

"왜?" ("why?")

"You know, because I just left you without saying anything."

"tch, Hey I already know why you didn't and also look at me now! I'm as tough as ever!"

"haha yes you are but still I'm sorry for leaving you."

"tch."

Teacher: "YAH!!!! ARE YOU TWO GOING TO TALK ALL DAY! WOULD YOU LIKE TO COME DOWN AND TEACH FOR TODAY!"

*together* "아, 아닙나다 선생님! 죄송합니다!!!" ("Ah, No Sir! I apologize!!!")

Me: "haha~ we'll talk more after class."

Onew: "of course."

It felt like it too FOREVERR~~ for class to end. Who knew that 20 minutes could feel like eternity after meeting a close friend. Moving on though class was cut short, by like 5 minutes. The teacher passed out at the end of his lecture and the beginning of telling us our homework assignment. Who would have guessed that he was sick, especially with that insanely loud voice of his. I gotta say, the teachers voice scared me out of my seat! haha~. We all waited inside the room for the ambulance to come. After that Onew and I were the first, two to book it! who could blame us though. We had a lot to catch up on.

Onew: "Are you thirsty? Want some Juice"

"Nah~ I didn't get to eat breakfast this morning since I was late."

"Then, do you want to go and eat?"

"Can we?"

"I'll buy."

The best part of that small conversation was the way he looked at me when he offered to buy. Why? I don't really know but, if I were to describe the feeling it would be close to being in a fairy tale. haha~ That's a bit childish isn't it. Well there you have it, I felt like a kid again! Like all my worries were somehow just taken away by his smile.

He kept laughing at me on our way to the restaurant because my stomach kept growling so loud. We went to eat 고기긔 (BBQ) that was close to the school.

Onew: "While the food is cooking, why don't you tell me a bit on how you lived after I left?"

"hm, Well I was really scared..."

we both laughed...

"...I cried a lot..."

"미안해..." ("Sorry...")

"Haha don't be, I think it actually helped me. After you left I cried, and I stayed in the house everyday for two years. Then high school came around and I figured, I can't keep hiding myself anymore. Now that Onew-a is gone I need to make a new face for myself and that is when I got my hair cut."

"Wooow~, you're really cool Sunny-a"

"That's not the end of my cool beginning