Last Day of School, New Summer to Plan

Famous Love With A Blade

Taehyun sits in his eighth period Algebra II class bored out of his mind. His teacher, Miss Shin, walks up to him and has a conversation to fill in the boredom of the last day of school.

Miss Shin: 왜 그래, 은 무엇입니까?

Taehyun: 나는 여름 동안 무엇을해야할지 모르겠어요. 우리 부모님은 아무것도 계획하지 않았고 나는 직장을 찾을 때까지 난 그저 하루 종일 집안에 갇혀 거예요.

Miss Shin: Why don't you go to Japan or something? I heard there's gonna be a Super Show (The major Super Junior concert) in Osaka on July 11th.

Taehyun: Wow. That's a day before my birthday!

Miss Shin: Then see if you can go. You love Super Junior, right?

Taehyun: I love them, but I doubt I'll be able to go, though. We were supposed to go there for a family vacation, but my parents got booked with things to do with their jobs and all, so my chances went down the toilet..

Miss Shin: Do you have any friends you can just walk around with every day?

Taehyun: Well, after eliminating those who will be out on vacation and how I'm not like everyone else in this school, I have no other friends to chill with, but myself.

Miss Shin: Aww. I would do stuff with you, but I can't. You're technically a minor, so I would get in trouble since the law is like that.. T.T

Taehyun: Ehh, it's alright. It would be fun, though. I'll think of something to do.

School bell rings.

Miss Shin: Ok, class! It was a lovely year with all you, and I hope you guys will carry on good lives from here on out.

Most of the class leaves, except for Taehyun.

Miss Shin: Taehyun, why aren't you heading off home?

Taehyun: Because I'm gonna miss this place..I loved this class out of everything I did in school. You were an amazing teacher and a very nice person.

Miss Shin: ...

Taehyun starts crying softly while sitting in his desk.

Miss Shin: C'mon, Taehyun. It may be over for you here in this school, but you can always come back and visit me next year, plus we live a block away from each other, so once you're 18, we can go to the mall and chill out or something. I don't do so much at home anyway, so we'll have a lot of the summer to do stuff in.

Taehyun: That's true.

Miss Shin: So get up, wipe those tears off, and head off home. Your summer before college awaits you.

Taehyun hugs Miss Shin.

Taehyun: I'll miss you..Miss Shin.

Miss Shin: Call me Janice.

Taehyun: Ok, Janice. =)

Janice: I'll see you during the summer.

Taehyun: Ok. Bye~

Janice: Later, bud~

Taehyun starts walking out of school towards his house. He plays 외톨이야 (I'm A Loner) by CNBLUE and starts singing to it. His voice blends beautifully with the singers of that group. As the song got closer to the first chorus, Taehyun's phone rings; it's one of his friends, Rano. Taehyun pulls his earphones out and picks up the phone.

Taehyun: Hello?

Rano: Ayy! What's up, TaeTae?

Taehyun: I told you not to call me that..

Rano: Meh. Whatcha doing?

Taehyun: Walking home, planning to sleep off a couple of days from my summer. What about you?

Rano: I have a question: What are you doing as your general plans for you summer before college?

Taehyun: Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Why?

Rano: Perfect! I'll meet you by your house, ok?

Taehyun: Uhh..ok.

Taehyun walks at the same pace as before all the way home. He waits by his front porch for Rano, who arrives with a small bag.

Rano: Hoi hoi!! (A Prince of Tennis reference)

Taehyun: Hey. What happened that you needed me for?

Rano: Look in the bag.

Taehyun opens the bad and checks inside. He pulls out 2 plane tickets, 2 lanyards with a VIP Pass on it, and stacks of what seems to be Japanese Yen.

Taehyun: Whoa! That's a lot of money! Wait a second.. /reads the VIP Passes and plane tickets/: Tokyo, Japan First-Class tickets, and two VIP Passes for-....! How did you get these?!

Rano: My dad made some connections when he went to a business conference in Osaka. One of those connections involved a main schedule manager for S.M. Entertainment. He called my dad up and offered the VIP passes since he couldn't find anyone else to give them to and knew about me. As to how I have all that money is because my dad managed to convert $1,000,000 USD into all that Yen. It should definitely last us about 3 weeks in Japan.

Taehyun: Wait...us??

Rano: That's why I asked you about your summer. I want you to come with me! I know how much Yesung, so the minute I got the passes I thought of you. My dad is going with us so there's proper "supervision" when we get through the airports and customs. Two kids carrying around a bunch of money would seem a bit too suspiscious.

Taehyun: Right..

Rano: So what do you say??? You think you can come with me?

Taehyun: If it was all my choice, I would've been packing already, but I need to talk to my parents.

Rano: Oh, we already talked with them about it. It's all your choice.

Taehyun: Seriously??

Rano: Go ahead and ask them.

Taehyun and Rano go inside Taehyun's house.

Taehyun: Mom? Dad? You home?

Taehyun's Mom: I'm in the kitchen!

Taehyun walks with Rano into the kitchen.

Taehyun's Mom: Oh! You brought Rano with you. Nice to see you again.

Rano: Likewise, Lyana.

Lyana: So what's up, sweetie?

Taehyun: Am I really able to go to Japan with Rano and her dad?

Lyana: At first, I was a bit anxious of you going off to another country, but when I really thought about it, this would be your first time going to Japan, and I know how much you want to see Super Junior in the flesh. This would kill most of free time, so I think this is a good oppurtunity to really go out there and explore!

Taehyun: Thanks, Mom..

Lyana: You're welcome, sweetie. You guys leave in a couple of days, right?

Rano: Yes.

Lyana: Then you guys should get to packing as of now so the day you leave isn't a pain.

Taehyun: Ok.

Rano: I'm gonna head off. See ya, TaeTae! Bye, Lyana!

Taehyun: Stop calling me that...

Lyana: Bye, Rano!

Rano leaves the house, Taehyun locks the door right after.

Lyana: Let's go to your room and start packing up your clothes.

Taehyun: Ok, Mom. =)