Crash and Burn - Chapter 3

Crash and Burn





00:46am

The roads were rather busy, despite how late it was. There weren't many people out walking, just the odd lovey-dovey couple walking home from a date.

I passed by a couple holding hands and laughing. It made me think of the special someone I had left behind when I moved to Korea 2 years ago, he's the only thing I miss about my previous lifestyle. The men here didn't seem to pay me any attention, which at the moment, was a blessing, I was still trying to get my life on track.

My phone vibrated in my pocket, making me jump.

A text message from my roommate, Hye Jin.


I'm gonna be late.
Wait at KoKo's


I frowned slightly, I had already been walking around for 10 minutes, trying to pass time until she could pick me up. I turned and headed in the direction I had just come from.

KoKo's, our favourite Cafe. Hye Jin and I had been going there for coffee and Seeang Cream Cake almost every morning before work for the past 1 and a half years.


I zipped my jacket up, it was freezing and the sky had turned an even darker shade of grey. The first few drops of rain landed on my head, I covered myself as best I could with my jacket and ran towards the cafe to avoid getting even wetter.


01:02am

I could see KoKo's up ahead,
the cheerful sign was brightly glowing through the darkness and it looked reasonably empty.